• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I never actively participated in the raids until this expansion so this is gonna be a little weird for me as I'm gonna do the MSQ then the Eden normal and then do Savage all while fitting in Ruby weapon somewhere in there.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
I never bothered with raids not done even the coils yet. Eden I'm tempted to learn as i won't be cancelling sub anymore going keep it on and learn to raid and get my crafting class up also

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I never actively participated in the raids until this expansion so this is gonna be a little weird for me as I'm gonna do the MSQ then the Eden normal and then do Savage all while fitting in Ruby weapon somewhere in there.
Yeah I kinda wish they delayed Savage by a week. It's a lot to learn. It'll probably be helpful to learn Ruby EX first for the weapon for Eden Savage.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Oh and I have to say, hearing all the FF VIII music is just sublime, especially this was a nice blast from the past:

FF VIII was actually the first Final Fantasy I ever played.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
There's no rush, these are the only savage raids we're getting for 6 months. I just cleared Titan savage for the first time last week.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
There's a rush if you pug it. Savage will be unbeatable with pugs in a couple months.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Did they say anything about the 2nd trial we are supposed to be getting?

nrja68ocfcv31.jpg

Thancred is a creep, and would be more...

Ic6pT8q.gif

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
So Leviathan and Titan are the only Eden Primals so far and the Eden story is paused here? I just beat Titan and unlocked Savage.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
I'm not looking forward to how much content I need to do on patch day to be ready for raid that evening. I wish Savage was delayed like a week lol after patch.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
So what's everyone's top 3 trials so far.

mine
1. the navel (hard) it the perfect sweet spot of fun
2. Crown of the immaculate
3. Royal Menagerie

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Titan EX is still GOAT tier among EX trials if you do it sync'd. Especially so at minimum ilvl

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Nidhogg is still my favorite. Fun mechanics, and the music changes between phases never get old.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've only done... like... 4 on content ex trials. So my list is wonky.

1. Thordan (normal)
2. Sophia
3. Shiva
4. Ramuh

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
If we're just talking trials, my 3 favorites when they were current content:
1. Titan ex
2. Leviathan ex
3. Sophia ex

In the interest of getting clears, I'm glad they don't do it anymore but permadeath when you fell off really upped the tension level. On Sophia I liked the music and aesthetic and counting tethers was a fun mechanic. Honorable mention to Susano ex because I love the music and he's just so silly.

If you want to add raids, my 3 favorite in no particular order are T7 (pre nerfs), A6S, and Kefka savage.

Last edited:

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
My top 3 trials are probably:
  • The Royal Menagerie (normal & extreme)
  • The Final Steps of Faith
  • Akh Afah Amphitheatre
The Dying Gasp & The Crown of the Immaculate are thiiiiiis close though.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
That's how I see it. I still can't find any E1S learning groups, at least not when I'm available which isn't a lot lately.
In general the bulk of Eden Savage parties tend to be for E4S right now since it's so late in the tier and everyone wants a weapon or chest piece. This kind of happens at all hours from my experience.

But definitely keep looking, I'll see E1S parties pop up pretty frequently and I'll be on at very random hours. Last night we made a PF for E1S on alt jobs with a slot free and we helped a BLM get their first clear. So it's not impossible to find them. Worst case, you can also throw up a PF if you have some time to kill. If you say it's a learning party for you, a lot of people with clears will happily join and help at least in my time.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's unbeatable, I still see lots of parties in pf, why would they be there if they had no chance of beating it?
There's a much higher chance to get in a party with people who for one reason or another, cannot clear the content, if you wait until a month before the next tier. All the vets and people progging have gotten all the reclears they need and have stopped running it, so all that's left are the people who haven't cleared after 4-5 months.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
After catching up with MSQs I plan on getting knee-deep into crafting and gathering. Which discipline as a DRK should I focus early on?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
1. Garuda EX used to teach and enforce all sorts of vital tank skills back in the day. It was a great test.
2. Ultima HM. I love the music and all the crazy shit that the Minstrel added.
3. Thordan EX I guess?

Honorable mention to Susano because as a tank, it was super cool to block that huge sword.

I'm having trouble coming up with a list of raid instances I liked, because after progressing and farming them for ages, most memories are more PTSD than anything.

1. T13 for awesome music and visuals, plus mechanically it was more that everything hurt rather than the mechanics being super tricky.
2. Cruise Chaser (A11S?) because of fond memories of my static fucking it up. Like our main tank moving to place the final phase nuke and running right off the platform.
3. A3S for being both the hardest asshole we've beaten, plus our best clear where he died AFTER he wiped us with enrage... And we got the clear.

Best trials:

1. Good King Moggle Mog
2. The Chrysalis
3. Cape Westwind
I know you're kidding, but Mog is hilarious if your party decides to collectively nuke the hell out of everything in the middle once the king comes out.

Especially if it works!

Takatomon

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to join random PFs and get weekly clears or help people out, but I never know the PF strats and how they diverge from our own strats so I always get that bit of anxiety.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
This is the year I finally push through on the relic grind to the end! At least I hope so. Evert damn expansion, by the time the relic weapons come out, I lose interest in the game and take a long hiatus and then come back 6 to 8 months later. But by that time I no longer care about going through the relic grind. I am hoping this time I follow through lol.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I didn't do the Eureka relic but I did finish the ARR and HW relics. Depends on if this one is also open world FATE-trains or not.

OP
OP
Dark Knight

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I looooved Eureka and its relic system, but I absolutely get how its not for everyone.

Also, Baldesion might be some of the greatest content in the game and one of my most memorable experiences so far in XIV so I am incredibly hyped that there is a Shadowbringers equivalent coming.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I got the maxed level 50 relic, but completely noped out of the ones that came after that. Way too much grind for me.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't do the Eureka relic but I did finish the ARR and HW relics. Depends on if this one is also open world FATE-trains or not.
I did the BLM Zodiac as soon as I finished the story and I'm almost done with the Anima (on Aetheric Density farming step), but ya, not bothering with the Eureka one. I just don't feel like putting any effort into understanding how Eureka works when it's not current content anymore. Not this close to the next major content patch and another upcoming relic grind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.