• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
Definitely try to join an FC, ppl are very helpful in this game and it's fun to make friends and play with each other.

Just focus on the main quest story and ignore side quests. Be patient with the story.. it WILL get better.

This is really good to know. :P Thanks for the advice. I didn't consider joining a FC when I was playing before so I'll make that a priority this time. And ignore side quests... got it!

You should read this list of terms or keep the link on hand for when you see someone say something in chat that you don't understand.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1uqexb/new_player_to_ffxiv_and_mmos_in_general_so_many/

Terrific! I'll make sure to read. Thanks for sending this my way.

If you're a lapsed player who has friends still playing the game, you could get them to help you with the callback campaign. There's a bunch of nice bonuses including free playtime and gear. They'd have to be in your friendlist from the first time though.

Hmm... I don't think this will be the case. I pretty much played solo; trying to get a friend to join me when I get into it.

Thanks for all the help, everyone! I'm really looking forward to hopping back in.

coredecepts

Oct 27, 2017
I've been pretty lucky with Rabanastre. Every piece of gear from there is an upgrade for me, so getting new gear from there isn't THAT lucky. Anything will do. But I've also been able to get a new piece every week with no overlap and on my first run each time. I'm just missing the pants and chest. So that's not super lucky, I guess.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Server?

I mean shinryu is always spotty if your tanks and healers suck.

I am the tank and I do suck. I say all the time I'm the worst tank on Primal. I've seen the first phase enough that I have it down pretty good. I don't have any trouble getting through it, as long as the other tank decides what to do with all the Akh Morns. I've never been in two groups that handle them the same way.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
I am the tank and I do suck. I say all the time I'm the worst tank on Primal. I've seen the first phase enough that I have it down pretty good. I don't have any trouble getting through it, as long as the other tank decides what to do with all the Akh Morns. I've never been in two groups that handle them the same way.
weird, almost all the times ive done it, its usually share first AM then hg/ld thr 2nd and 3rd.

Last edited:

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
the mimic part is more of a healer responsibility if u grabbed all the mimic. no amount of cd can do anything to that 5+ poison or whatever its callex :P

Can confirm, I was a healer in B.K.'s party and I was alt-tabbed for a second during that part. Came back and he had 4 poisons. Anyways, I blame Riley.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Saw the Neo enrage last night with the static. Definitely clearing on Thursday. The best I've seen is 1 percent in a pug but the fight is so much easier with my static because they're all great chill people who don't rage quit in exdeath after two wipes. When are pugs going to understand exdeath is the harder fight? Anyway, I think we have much better dps too so it should be easy to clear neo every week from now on. Though I must say this tier is incredibly boring.... blegh.

I'm not an FFV fan so that's probably why. I think it's just so dull.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Well, that's gotta be a record of how fast I got tired of playing barely three days into my sub and I already only log in to do my one expert and log out.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
Saw the Neo enrage last night with the static. Definitely clearing on Thursday. The best I've seen is 1 percent in a pug but the fight is so much easier with my static because they're all great chill people who don't rage quit in exdeath after two wipes. When are pugs going to understand exdeath is the harder fight? Anyway, I think we have much better dps too so it should be easy to clear neo every week from now on. Though I must say this tier is incredibly boring.... blegh.

I'm not an FFV fan so that's probably why. I think it's just so dull.
im more interested in the mechanic aspect of this raid tier.
coil was fun at certain turns only tho. alex was meh in term of mechanic for the first set of raid that i didnt bother doing. which in turn i didnt continue to play to know about the remaining levels in alex

are you guys in primal or aether datacenter?

Skoje

Oct 26, 2017
coil was fun at certain turns only tho. alex was meh in term of mechanic for the first set of raid that i didnt bother doing. which in turn i didnt continue to play to know about the remaining levels in alex

Primal

OP
OP
Red XIII

Red XIII

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NY

most of us play in primal ultros server

skoje your avatar is missing a spriggan cap!

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
I unlocked Red Mage but is it pointless to play that class if I haven't reached Stormblood yet? Or will I still be able to get gear where I'm at now?

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Welp after 14 v4s clears my static disbanded until 4.2 at the very least. They don't want to pay to log once in a week.

Guess I'll try to pug from now and get two more clears and buy the BLM weapon with tokens.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I unlocked Red Mage but is it pointless to play that class if I haven't reached Stormblood yet? Or will I still be able to get gear where I'm at now?
It shares gear with the rest of the ranged caster jobs, like BLM and SMN, so you're completely fine with playing RDM. If you have poetics to spare, you can also buy Ironworks armor and a weapon from Mor Dhona at 50 to get yourself started.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Welp after 14 v4s clears my static disbanded until 4.2 at the very least. They don't want to pay to log once in a week.

Guess I'll try to pug from now and get two more clears and buy the BLM weapon with tokens.
Kinda seems like most mid-hardcore groups are taking a break until the next tier. At least from what I've seen lately. No point even trying Coil if you can't put some serious hours into it either zzzz

Riley

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I died to the Mimics tonight in Rabanastre after Celes died, somehow. I really need to get better at big pulls. I'm terrible at using cooldowns right.
I blame Tomo.
Can confirm, I was a healer in B.K.'s party and I was alt-tabbed for a second during that part. Came back and he had 4 poisons. Anyways, I blame Riley.
Hey that was my first time healing Rabanastre! Where was my support, you loremaster.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone ordered the Physical version of Stormblood from Amazon and can you tell me if they instantly send a code or do you have to wait for shipment/arrival/etc.

Ediit: nvm It doesn't

Last edited:

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I finally finished the Sylph tribe quests. I still have the Kobolds and Sahagin quests to do. I hope they aren't as bad as the Slyph. I hated the quests that you had to be invisible or carry stuff for. As big as the zone was, it seemed like those took forever to do.

KasumiYukari

Oct 28, 2017
It's odd that some folks think the game is supposed to entertain them all the time, even Yoshi-P understands that folks will take breaks.

ebi

Oct 25, 2017
My group is done raiding for the tier as well. I'm not sure I'll return to regular raiding next tier, I haven't enjoyed farming this one a great deal and I was on the fence already before the expansion was released. Probably time to job swap again!
It's odd that some folks think the game is supposed to entertain them all the time, even Yoshi-P understands that folks will take breaks.
MMOs used to be that one game you play for a lot of people but modern, convenient MMO design is not compatible with that kind of approach anymore. A lot of people haven't quite realized it yet though.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got some time to down Shinryu. Even if it's kind of a cake walk once you make it into the final phase, it still feels really cool. Eking out that first kill against the enrage felt really good.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck I thought I could level up NIN by just doing FATEs and queueing for dungeons and dailies but ever since I hit level 54, it's become unbearably slow.

KasumiYukari

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know what is with Leviathan and all of these massive FC's. Of course they all seem to be the same one, just a bunch merged together but still, I'm not used to seeing that anywhere else.

They also keep trying to recruit me and that's also pretty annoying.

OP
OP
Red XIII

Red XIII

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NY
All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 20) for 4.15

the past two weeks
9woc70i03ayz.jpg
from reddit

Last edited:

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what is with Leviathan and all of these massive FC's. Of course they all seem to be the same one, just a bunch merged together but still, I'm not used to seeing that anywhere else.

They also keep trying to recruit me and that's also pretty annoying.
They have to be G' right? I get an invite from one of their many FCs on a daily basis. I really wish they'd just put in an ignore all FC invite option like there is in WoW. It's such a simple addition.

accx

Oct 28, 2017
I've begun going through the Heavensward MSQ, and while the msq seems to be better than the god awful ending of ARR (atleast quest-wise), it still somewhat suffer from what i hated from ARR. Running from A to B to A to B to A to C to B to D to A and so on. I get that they're pacing the cutscenes for whatever reason but... I dunno, i feel like i'm spending 80% on running, 15% on getting fed the story and 5% actually playing.

E:
Also,
Raubahn's cut off arm looks hilariously bad. It's like they just deleted part of the vertices or whatever.

E2:
Which DPS would you consider the easiest versus the hardest btw?
And which DPS would you consider being great but sorely lacking? Like is there any DPS where there's a high demand for that noone plays? I can't really decide what i'm going to play.

Last edited:

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So Tuesday's patch is just the pvp mode and the bard songs right?

They chose a good time to do a useless update, I wouldn't have been able to take the day off :V

KasumiYukari

Oct 28, 2017
They have to be G' right? I get an invite from one of their many FCs on a daily basis. I really wish they'd just put in an ignore all FC invite option like there is in WoW. It's such a simple addition.

Yes. One day they will give us an option to ignore FC invite spam. Of course then people resort to tells, spamming you with FC invites, hopefully they take care of that as well.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
well i use to play a char in hyperion primal when my old ff11 buddies played but they quit. now im on another char in faerie aether.
now that ive finished o4s on aether, il slowly get my char in hyperion to lv70 if i have time.

I've begun going through the Heavensward MSQ, and while the msq seems to be better than the god awful ending of ARR (atleast quest-wise), it still somewhat suffer from what i hated from ARR. Running from A to B to A to B to A to C to B to D to A and so on. I get that they're pacing the cutscenes for whatever reason but... I dunno, i feel like i'm spending 80% on running, 15% on getting fed the story and 5% actually playing.

E:
Also,
Raubahn's cut off arm looks hilariously bad. It's like they just deleted part of the vertices or whatever.

E2:
Which DPS would you consider the easiest versus the hardest btw?
And which DPS would you consider being great but sorely lacking? Like is there any DPS where there's a high demand for that noone plays? I can't really decide what i'm going to play.
i havent played sam but i do hear its quite forgiving to do great on.
otherwise so far i think rdm is another easy dps because of its simplier rotation.
blm in ARR use to take the cake but ever since hw and now sb, the cd/buff time management might be a little tough to handle for newcomers.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
how many FCs does this G own?
I looked it up on their site and they have a total of 5 separate FCs. I think I've gotten an invite from every single one.

Edit: The banner at the top of their site gave me a laugh.
If you would like to merge with the G' Community or join us, please let us know on our Discord Server, In Game, or Contact us on our website!

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've long held that this is one of the best games I'm not currently playing. Didn't get too far originally, but wanting to jump back into it.

I plan to get Stormblood on Black Friday (Best Buy for $20 with GCU for $16). Then I want to play the game casually.

I've read a few articles online and watched a couple introductory videos. Any tips for someone who doesn't play MMOs and has only played a dozen hours of this game previously?

Just a heads up, but if it's a Black Friday deal, the GCU discount usually doesn't stack with it. They changed the policy last year I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.