• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
VIII and X sold 10.5 mil IIRC, VII is still number 1 at 13 mil

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Game was a gem with some (very) rough edges. I'm glad it ended up doing super well.

It was (is?) also on Game Pass and that PS Plus Collection too, no? I'd love to see what the total player count is.

Fusionterra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's no good at all, I remember the ps2/ps3 days where God of war and dark souls sold way less than an mainline final fantasy game, now God of war and dark souls 3 already surpassed them.

Oct 25, 2017
Back in the old days this was supposed to bomb and persona was supposed to take over for ff. I wonder who was around for those talks lol. The lead up to Ffxv was a fun time

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know if it's safe to play the game yet, I heard they've been trying to patch in more of its story

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
I wish they could unlock the framerate on PS5. The game looks so good at high resolutions, but the framerate is just not appropriate.
My fiancee just replayed through it on his PS5 a couple months ago and used the Performance mode at 60fps solid. He's not very framerate sensitive but he said it made all the difference in the world to him with how much smoother combat felt.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Slowly inching towards that 10 million copy goal. Though it would have reached that player wise between Gamepass and the PS Plus Collection.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved. Been playing FF for well over two decades and this is easily in my top 5 games. Have such a massive soft spot for this game.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
If I know square it sold about half of what they projected?

Is the cellphone/switch demake also included?

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
One of my favorites (see avatar :P). 10 million should be achievable.

If I know square it sold about half of what they projected?

Is the cellphone/switch demake also included?
Afaik, this is for the PC/Consoles port only.

Honestly, I am surprised they never attempted to release it on PS5/XSX. Wasted potential with the PC upgrades and a DLSS 2.0 patch.

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Congrats! Despite its issues, I really liked XV.
Not that it would ever happen or make much sense, but I would love if XV got an sequel, part 2 or some shit.
Oh well, it sucks that they cancelled some DLC's, aranea DLC would have been really neat.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I remember the threads when the first leaks and impressions dropped on the old place. Was a wild time.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
That's no good at all, I remember the ps2/ps3 days where God of war and dark souls sold way less than an mainline final fantasy game, now God of war and dark souls 3 already surpassed them.

We're in a timeline where even Monster Hunter is becoming more popular than FF. Took VII-R four months to do the same sales numbers as what Monster Hunter Rise did in one week. As long as SE is satisfied with the sales I don't think it matters.

Oct 31, 2017
I'll eventually get to it. I keep telling myself. I bought the physical edition at launch, then royal edition. If I don't get to it before Horizon FW. I don't think I ever will.

Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved! It's a great game (and the Royal Edition is just plain amazing).

I should be at or over 10 million by now, which is just insane and the development team's goal.

After being heavily disappointed with XII and barely liking XIII, XV's return to form was super refreshing. I was feeling like maybe the franchise was moving to a place I didn't like, but XV reignited the spark for me. One of my favorite games of the generation, easily, and it warms my heart to see so many people on YouTube enjoying the hell out of their playthroughs and getting very emotional by the ending.

A great journey, an amazing game that everyone should experience.

tumblr_inline_oigj8dETRn1u8g9mn_500.gif

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
For me XV will always be the game that never lived up to absurd expectations, was egregiously unfinished, and had a celebration stream in which they cancelled all future support for the game and kicked/mutually separated from the game's director. What a shitshow.

It was decent enough on it's own but nothing mindblowing. Good character interactions and seemingly endless dialogue. Great visuals and OST, and some fun integrations of dungeons into the overworld. Solid 7/8 depending on what types of JRPG you like.

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
Yet these clowns cancelled three DLCs. XV will always have that "unfinished" feel to me.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest egg this game laid was when they cancelled the additional support and mod tools which could've likely fixed and helped create much more content for the game. Otherwise, some solid dungeons although I wish there were more. Fantastic monster designs, weak combat, good music, bad story. 7/10

Fingers crossed Nomura gets to make his Versus/Verum Rex, I wouldn't even mind if they remixed the content of XV. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To see the glorified tech-demo that is FFXV do so well while other, more-deserving jRPG franchises struggle to reach a 10th of those numbers makes me lose faith in the future of the genre.

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
FFXV should have been better than what it was but despite its many flaws, it's still a solid game and I'm happy I played it. Happy for Square Enix