FatCatSings

Jan 31, 2023
Someone here did it in FF mode in level 80-something where the level cap is 110, so I definitely think it's more than possible at level 47 on normal.

Backdraft is the way. Spamming that and squeezing in three Spitfires should seal the deal. Add in a few counters and pyrosaults and there should be time to spare on the countdown.

Z'ard

"This guy are sick"
Mar 5, 2019
Ukraine
DLC was alright but Timekeeper and Eikon fights were sick. Leviathan and Ultima abilities are pretty cool. I was bummed there was no new best weapon but turns out you just have to finish Kairos Gate. Looks like shit but they added a lot of amazing new weapon skins.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Yep, I did all of that. Literally nothing worked. Even perfect execution with triple ults, taking 0 damage, and getting the appropriate combos wasn't enough

Maybe it's because I only had a 325 attack weapon? I just got a 400 attack weapon. Not sure if getting more levels and the new weapon will make it easier to do

Also if anyone knows the exact location of the Bahamut accessory that buffs Megaflare, please let me know! I want to try that one out

View: https://youtu.be/LE2PAH7Usno?t=394

Timestamped. I'm at level 81 FF mode, though I am not undergeared.
Keep your cooldowns for the start of the phase.
The best combo is jump, X+□ to attack while rising higher, X+□ again to do a somersault on the ground, and then you hit triangle on timing for a magic burst finisher on the ground. Keep in mind it locks you in the animation at the end so don't greed.
I think full magic burst combo with backdraft should also work

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I think having the damage check be so tight is cool on FF mode.

Might be a little overkill if it's so tight on normal mode though, haha.

Someone here did it in FF mode in level 80-something where the level cap is 110, so I definitely think it's more than possible at level 47 on normal.

Yep, that was me, exactly on level 80.

My guess is the damage check damage is decided by the attack potentency before any stat modifications, so no one can get screwed over by level.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
300 attack would be Shiva's weapon which is at least 3 dungeons removed from the Levi fight so yeah it might be the reason why damage wasn't enough although I don't know if Ifrit's damage is based on wep atk.

Red

Oct 26, 2017

Backdraft is the way. Spamming that and squeezing in three Spitfires should seal the deal. Add in a few counters and pyrosaults and there should be time to spare on the countdown.
I finished at level 89 on FF with two to go on the countdown. Backdraft was key.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
300 attack would be Shiva's weapon which is at least 3 dungeons removed from the Levi fight so yeah it might be the reason why damage wasn't enough although I don't know if Ifrit's damage is based on wep atk.
Wait, 300 attack? How is that possible? The Ragnarok itself is 325 or something like that. I didn't even bother crafting Shiva or Odin weapons. I'm not even at Levi yet!

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, 300 attack? How is that possible? The Ragnarok itself is 325 or something like that. I didn't even bother crafting Shiva or Odin weapons. I'm not even at Levi yet!
Well Ragnarok requires quests and Hunt materials to craft vs something you just get from the story. I don't remember the timing on when it becomes available but I think it was after getting Shiva.

Weapons are just nice for the skin until you get to FF mode where damage helps with higher HP pools.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Well Ragnarok requires quests and Hunt materials to craft vs something you just get from the story. I don't remember the timing on when it becomes available but I think it was after getting Shiva.

Weapons are just nice for the skin until you get to FF mode where damage helps with higher HP pools.
Ragnarok is before Shiva and requires nothing to craft. You get it as a reward for the end of the Blacksmith questline. It's the upgraded version that needs crafting and that's for endgame.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Ok so I can't access The Rising Tide in my NG+ run. I'm at Origin in the main campaign and I have both side quests done "Priceless" and "Where There's A Will", and I have even done the first DLC Echoes of the Fallen. It let me complete the Kairos Gate, but I can't go back to the Rising Tide areas/quest.

Do I need to actually finish the Game again? I was hoping to do that on FF mode before wrapping up FF mode in the base game.

I finished the Rising Tide on normal Action mode and I speed ran FF/NG+ mode to wrap up the trophies.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so I can't access The Rising Tide in my NG+ run. I'm at Origin in the main campaign and I have both side quests done "Priceless" and "Where There's A Will", and I have even done the first DLC Echoes of the Fallen. It let me complete the Kairos Gate, but I can't go back to the Rising Tide areas/quest.

Do I need to actually finish the Game again? I was hoping to do that on FF mode before wrapping up FF mode in the base game.

I finished the Rising Tide on normal Action mode and I speed ran FF/NG+ mode to wrap up the trophies.

You do not need to finish the game first, I didn't, though I only played it on FF mode. Maybe something weird is happening with active quests tieing up an important npc?

I think it started with a note in Clive's room? Maybe you overlooked it. I don't know, it's hard to guess what might be wrong, it should be available.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
You do not need to finish the game first, I didn't, though I only played it on FF mode. Maybe something weird is happening with active quests tieing up an important npc?

I think it started with a note in Clive's room? Maybe you overlooked it. I don't know, it's hard to guess what might be wrong, it should be available.

The note isn't there in Clives chamber, I guess I'll just finish NG+ and see if it appears after.

Edit:

Ok after finishing my NG+ save the letter appeared in his chamber like usual. It wasn't at the top of the list this time like it was on normal NG. I must've overlooked it since it was 4 or 5 letters down and didn't have a green quest icon like all the other ones.

Last edited:

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Finished both Echoes and Levi over the weekend. What a DLC duo. Both game me goosebumps all the way through. Echoes' final boss was fucking insane I legit felt like was taking drugs the way the music hyped me up haha. I played on FF mode and it was such a good challenge, one that I wanted so much from this game. And then Tide was just the perfect send off. Short and sweet. Beautiful locales and a genuinely fun boss fight. Not to mention Leviathan Eikon is so much fun even just for the added mobility alone.

Man, what a game. What a fucking game. Gonna dive into Kairos Gate now but man, I'm both sad and grateful for this game. Sad it's over but grateful for the experience it's given me.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
Just now finished both DLCs. On FF mode. Great additions to the game that expand the endgame content. The game certainly feel more complete now.

The Adder Stone mechanic is something that the main game should have. It would make exploring areas more interesting. Another simple change to the main game is to make treasure chests reward EXP. The amount you would get scales depending on your level, so no matter what chest you open, the amount would be same. Somewhere between 5-10% of what you need to level up.

While the quality is good, I feel the price for both DLCs should be lowered by $5/€5 each. The amount of content doesn't justify the current price.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Just now finished both DLCs. On FF mode. Great additions to the game that expand the endgame content. The game certainly feel more complete now.

The Adder Stone mechanic is something that the main game should have. It would make exploring areas more interesting. Another simple change to the main game is to make treasure chests reward EXP. The amount you would get scales depending on your level, so no matter what chest you open, the amount would be same. Somewhere between 5-10% of what you need to level up.

While the quality is good, I feel the price for both DLCs should be lowered by $5/€5 each. The amount of content doesn't justify the current price.

1000% agree on the Adder stone and was thinking the same thing. Would've at least given a bit more to do when exploring. Even the SINGLE treasure map you find at the end of the game should've have more of that kinda stuff. The DLC as much as I loved it reminded me of a lot of this game's issues in that it really doesn't incentivise the player to do…anything much outside of combat. Rewards are either non-existent or downright terrible. If they could fix these issues and just add more systems to the game if they're ever given the chance to iterate on it, it could be incredible.

Even Kairos Gate tbh. I feel like it could've been a mode that expands as the game progresses, much like Chronolith opens up the same way. It's great addition to the game and adds much needed variety but I do find my motivation to do it lower now that it's the only thing left to do.

crimmy88

Aug 7, 2023
1000% agree on the Adder stone and was thinking the same thing. Would've at least given a bit more to do when exploring. Even the SINGLE treasure map you find at the end of the game should've have more of that kinda stuff. The DLC as much as I loved it reminded me of a lot of this game's issues in that it really doesn't incentivise the player to do…anything much outside of combat. Rewards are either non-existent or downright terrible. If they could fix these issues and just add more systems to the game if they're ever given the chance to iterate on it, it could be incredible.

Even Kairos Gate tbh. I feel like it could've been a mode that expands as the game progresses, much like Chronolith opens up the same way. It's great addition to the game and adds much needed variety but I do find my motivation to do it lower now that it's the only thing left to do.

If anything, the DLCs give me great confidence in CBU3's next single-player game. I'm really hoping they expand on this gameplay even more even if their next game wont be a mainline FF game.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
If anything, the DLCs give me great confidence in CBU3's next single-player game. I'm really hoping they expand on this gameplay even more even if their next game wont be a mainline FF game.

True that. I feel like with a bit more iteration they can really nail this game's potential in a future title. The director of the DLC should stay on, I really like what he brought to the table

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
Well, I'm going through the game on FF mode again and I'm genuinely surprised that the new sidequest QoL (teleports you back to quest giver) works in some of the MSQ quests! I was thinking that they'd be excluded because they're part of the main story but that was a very pleasant surprise. It doesn't completely alleviate side quest structure and pacing but removing an entire step of the process makes it feel a decent amount faster than before thankfully.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I'm going through the game on FF mode again and I'm genuinely surprised that the new sidequest QoL (teleports you back to quest giver) works in some of the MSQ quests! I was thinking that they'd be excluded because they're part of the main story but that was a very pleasant surprise. It doesn't completely alleviate side quest structure and pacing but removing an entire step of the process makes it feel a decent amount faster than before thankfully.
It's going to unfortunately be an underappreciated feature for many people who have already completed the game. It contributes to the snappier feeling of the game after the latest patch. It doesn't fix all the tedium, but it helps.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Finally hit level 110, and even wrapped up the secret boss in the Kairos Gate. I really hope they can do another DLC after the PC version is released.

Between this and Rebirth, Final Fantasy is back.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
It's going to unfortunately be an underappreciated feature for many people who have already completed the game. It contributes to the snappier feeling of the game after the latest patch. It doesn't fix all the tedium, but it helps.
So unfortunate because it's genuinely a very noticeable but still subtle improvement for the pacing. PC release impressions will be interesting.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
Went to the Leviathan Chronolith Trial expecting the enemies to be Lv100 but no, they were only Lv81 like the other trials.

Easy, but if you want a harder version of it, the Arete Stone have the 'Final' trials. Like Arcade Mode, level and gear are fixed so it will be a proper test of skill.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Late to this, but damn Leviathan's abilities are fun as hell. Love hitting those precision streams and precision torrents.

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the DLC last night.
The Leviathan fight sucked up until the DPS check, but the rest of the fight after that was pretty fun.

Really disappointing how left out Jill was.
It almost feels like they went out of their way to leave her out at this point.

I'll try to clear Kairos gate tonight for the trophy.
I'm still on Normal mode, so hopefully it isn't too bad.
I generally don't bother with gauntlet modes like that.

crimmy88

Aug 7, 2023
Finished the DLC last night.
The Leviathan fight sucked up until the DPS check, but the rest of the fight after that was pretty fun.

Really disappointing how left out Jill was.
It almost feels like they went out of their way to leave her out at this point.

I'll try to clear Kairos gate tonight for the trophy.
I'm still on Normal mode, so hopefully it isn't too bad.
I generally don't bother with gauntlet modes like that.

The leviathan fight felt like a FFXIV raid tbh. Starts off slow as it introduced you to simple mechanics then it ramps up to those same mechs but on steroids. Angry Seas was my favorite part of the DLC. It was so intense especially because if you fail, the last checkpoint is quite awhile back!

Oct 25, 2017
The leviathan fight felt like a FFXIV raid tbh. Starts off slow as it introduced you to simple mechanics then it ramps up to those same mechs but on steroids. Angry Seas was my favorite part of the DLC. It was so intense especially because if you fail, the last checkpoint is quite awhile back!

The first part in the water tunnel was just long and boring though, and then the DPS check was what it was.

Never did figure out how to dodge the big Water Spout. Just used 2 heals to get through it.

crimmy88

Aug 7, 2023
The first part in the water tunnel was just long and boring though, and then the DPS check was what it was.

Never did figure out how to dodge the big Water Spout. Just used 2 heals to get through it.
Ohhh you were referring to the water tunnel. Apologies, i completely forgot that part was a thing! Lmao. Yes, I agree it was bad and boring. It was a worse segment of titan's fight imo

For water spout, the solution was hilariously dumb. You literally just dash sideways for a long time lmao.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I think the damage check being so tight is good for FF mode.

But it sounds like it's the same for normal mode and that's pretty funny. Gonna catch everyone that's been saying the game is too easy off guard, haha.

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
I think the damage check being so tight is good for FF mode.

But it sounds like it's the same for normal mode and that's pretty funny. Gonna catch everyone that's been saying the game is too easy off guard, haha.

It is kind of hilarious. I died more on that one section than my entire playthrough. Just couldn't get the timing down.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
The problem is people forgot one of Ifrit's main abilities is chargeable and that does significant damage there.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
They should release a bonus combat challenge mode for Ifrit alone. Not just limited to cinematic Eikon battles, but let me play as Ifrit against waves of enemies and bosses, create encounters that Clive would never be able to fight on his own. Give me Eikon team ups like Titan and Garuda at once.

I would pay 15 bucks for it.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
They should release a bonus combat challenge mode for Ifrit alone. Not just limited to cinematic Eikon battles, but let me play as Ifrit against waves of enemies and bosses, create encounters that Clive would never be able to fight on his own. Give me Eikon team ups like Titan and Garuda at once.

I would pay 15 bucks for it.
Seeing Ifrit stomp mobs Titanfall style would be neat.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Seeing Ifrit stomp mobs Titanfall style would be neat.
I'm not just suggesting a mob stomping mode for stress relief. Although if they add something like that for free it'll be fun too.

I actually want a mode where we can play as Ifrit for an extended period across many encounters to train the move style and experiment with play styles. In a series of encounters health management would also actually matter.

MrTharne

May 26, 2023
It does but that takes too much time to hit. You basically have to nail everything perfectly
For the chargeable Ifrit ability, it triggers instantly to the optimal charge if you block a hit with it.

So the way to use it during the shield phase is to wait for Leviathan to summon the 4 water orbs that home in on you, and start charging the ability when they're about to hit you. It negates the damage and unleash the optimal charge without downtime and I'm pretty sure the Cooldown of the ability is in line with Leviathan summoning of the 4 orbs.

idiotmode

Jul 30, 2022
Since it's been just shy of a month, and XVI is now basically complete with only the port to PC really remaining for those who've finished what do you want out of CS3's next title? Like what do you hope they learned and what do you most want to see (or not see ig) in their next single player work?