• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think it has changed recently again. But its much easier for Int Sys to focus on Japan.
I am talking about mainline, focusing on japan when the game sell 1 to 2 millions in the west is kinda dumb
If anything Zelda has shown that focusing on the west makes the series grow in japan.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
For what it's worth, i, too, think that Alm / Celica were added to FEH prior to the launches of Echoes due to it being a remake and the chars already being known in the FE fanbase. 3 Houses is a new game with the only known chars being the lords and this supposed player character, that's why i'm not expecting them until after the WW launch of the game.

Guess we know tonight how long that's going to take. ^^

-----

Wednesday 1: New power banner 2 featuring Nino ... HECK FROZE OVER! I GOT A 5* FROM THE FREE PULL. AMELIA! *wait what?*
Wednesday 2: New power banner 1 featuring Amelia ... 4* Nino. *wait what again?*

Ok, do the girls know they're the focus on each other banner? ^^

Amelia is now +7 ... and i'm itching to drop some of my restocked 110 saved up orbs to try for more merges. But the preview of next weeks banner should drop before the new power ones run out, so am going to wait until then.

Plus ... i lack the VIke (or Valentike? Sounds good too.) to super feed her DC and Special Fighter.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
So in my attempt to get dc from valentine hector, I get a Minerva, and then a valentine lilina.

I hope they're good, cause damn.

MInerva's pretty decent. A little outclassed by newer units but she's a soild flying tank. Hauteclare's refine, while not as exciting as others, is still usable (Slaying + Wo Dao effect). If you're missing a green flier then she'll fit the bill!

Also yaaaay another off banner Julia. Neutral, so bumping up the merge count on the other one.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'd build Minerva as a bruiser. She has the offense for player phase action and is sturdy enough to survive a player phase ... if the enemy isn't a red mage or dragon. For a flying green tank, nothing tops Beruka, also more easy to merge.

For VLilina ... she's just like her infantry version rather slow, but has the highest Atk of the 5 available green cav mages. Only Mistentine (Mists Valentine alt) comes close and outdoes her with higher Spd. I'd say she makes a solid bladetome mage, but needs Chill Res and buff support while infantry Lilina is pretty self-supported. But with her being limited ... yeah there are better units.

E: New comic page.

DzRYvLuV4AICoOr.jpg

Src: https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News/status/1095597354512609283

CURSES! Apparently Arthur randomly getting hit by meteors is a default thing for Kiran, nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm this close to giving my +7 regular Tharja (all from 4*!) CC ... her new weapon refinement works so great with that skill and in every run i made on the mass duel sim.

Though it works best with Null Follow Up or Chill Res, neither has fodder available in my barracks. :[

It's actually a pretty common situation right now, Amelia needs skill fodder, Tharja wants some ... and so on. I hope IS will make a skill shop one day.

New powers banners gives me nada of course! But a 3* neutral Beruka makes me want to keep her and make her a foundation for +10ing her.

Imo, Beruka really wants a boon in Def, Atk or HP. Unmerged and unbuffed 40 Def with a boon is a statement, slap Minodorcas axe on her to prevent special procs or go with Steady Stance 4, if you're drowning in Surtrs.

Though, even with an Atk boon, she hits like a wet noodle, so you rely on special procs to do damage.

Last edited:

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I got a Tharja from her new power banner. I got excited when I recognized her silhouette but she was a 4*. It would have been nice to save 20k feathers for the merge project.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
got a +spd -def 5* eliwood free pull, I think I will make him a anti-dragon/cc mage counter.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I got a Tharja from her new power banner. I got excited when I recognized her silhouette but she was a 4*. It would have been nice to save 20k feathers for the merge project.

How do you plan on building her? Looked into CC as well?

And i was thinking, pull red for a Tharja merge or green for an Amelia merge ... well i have 27 4* Tharja books and 0 spare Amelias ... so that decision was easy. ^^

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
How do you plan on building her? Looked into CC as well?

And i was thinking, pull red for a Tharja merge or green for an Amelia merge ... well i have 27 4* Tharja books and 0 spare Amelias ... so that decision was easy. ^^
Regular Blade Tome build first but later I want to give her CC and Vantage. I have a spare Takumi that I don't mind using for fodder. I already have a 5* Tharja with SPD boon that I plan to use as a base.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Regular Blade Tome build first but later I want to give her CC and Vantage. I have a spare Takumi that I don't mind using for fodder. I already have a 5* Tharja with SPD boon that I plan to use as a base.

Might settle for Vantage too as an interim skill until i get fodder for one of the skills i'd like her to have. Mine's +Atk, because in 2 years i've never pulled a +Spd one. ^^

Down the line i might even make one of the infantry Robins a merge project with unit support for her, full spectrum +4 tactics buff and +2 from cuddling up.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still expecting Awakening for next week's banner, but it could be a Three Houses banner depending on what we learn in the Direct today.

Echoes did get FEH banners before it released, including Faye's first playable appearance (in a class she can't access lol).

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
What all y'all thoughts on giving my spare atk/Res link to WT!Olwen? I only have one Titania to spare and Olwen loses out on desperation, but also gives her more flexibility with her team comp.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
What all y'all thoughts on giving my spare atk/Res link to WT!Olwen? I only have one Titania to spare and Olwen loses out on desperation, but also gives her more flexibility with her team comp.
I don't like the link skills but you will be able to get more Titanias with grails so go for it if you want.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm this close to giving my +7 regular Tharja (all from 4*!) CC ... her new weapon refinement works so great with that skill and in every run i made on the mass duel sim.

Though it works best with Null Follow Up or Chill Res, neither has fodder available in my barracks. :[

It's actually a pretty common situation right now, Amelia needs skill fodder, Tharja wants some ... and so on. I hope IS will make a skill shop one day.

Imo, Beruka really wants a boon in Def, Atk or HP. Unmerged and unbuffed 40 Def with a boon is a statement, slap Minodorcas axe on her to prevent special procs or go with Steady Stance 4, if you're drowning in Surtrs.

Though, even with an Atk boon, she hits like a wet noodle, so you rely on special procs to do damage.

Little pricey, but NY!Laegjarn has Chill Res at 5* if you wanna spend some grails and feathers on her.

Not quite a skill shop but the grails heroes are close enough in some situations!

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Today I learned that IV "modding" was a thing in this game. Some guy on Reddit just got banned after doing it for almost 2 years. He got caught hacking a legendary Azura for AR. As if IVs mattered for a freaking L!Azura. What an idiot.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
That post struck me as strange since IV modding seems like an obvious case for banning.

Meanwhile, I'm stuck here in -atk Deirdre and Swordhardt land ama

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I need build ideas. Right now I have one Steady breath and one Warding Breath fodder. Which common unit can I give either of them to?

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I need build ideas. Right now I have one Steady breath and one Warding Breath fodder. Which common unit can I give either of them to?

Any of the standard dragons (Nowi, Tiki, Fae) could use them. Roy would also be a good choice, he's got an enemy-phase refine and an anti-dragon weapon that is quite useful in AA.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm taking it easy this AR season, just trying to stay in T20. Put 5 Camillas and LAzura on my defense team for giggles (no Adrift Camilla otherwise it would be all six), and they're actually holding up? Not guaranteed wins, but not -80 every day either.

I gave each Camilla Ward Flyers and with Kadomatsu it means if they're all huddled together one unit can potentially get +18 DEF/+18 RES in combat.

Of course when they scatter it becomes Duck Hunt.

wF2606DNGNoJ0kxbhGrHp13dR_Y=.gif

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Today I learned that IV "modding" was a thing in this game. Some guy on Reddit just got banned after doing it for almost 2 years. He got caught hacking a legendary Azura for AR. As if IVs mattered for a freaking L!Azura. What an idiot.
Didn't know it was possible, but all fucking hackers should be permanently banned

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Any of the standard dragons (Nowi, Tiki, Fae) could use them. Roy would also be a good choice, he's got an enemy-phase refine and an anti-dragon weapon that is quite useful in AA.
Steady Breath on Nowi and Warding Breath on Fae.
Pick a dragon and pray.

Given how green is useful is, Fae is very good candidate and a very good merge project. But Nowi/M!Kana and A!Tiki are good choices too.

I should have mentioned that I already have a Nowi with Steady Breath and A!Tiki with Distant Counter. I guess Fae would complete the F2P dragon trio. I have one Fae at 5* with bad IVs and Triangle Affinity in the A-Slot.
I'll consider Roy too. Thanks all.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Three houses looks like a rather bizarre twist on the series. Uh. Hopefully it's got more traditional chapters than they showed in the direct

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, we have too many traditional games, changes for the gameplay might not work but I am happy that they are trying

There are changes to the series and then there's three houses, which so far I'm honestly not sure what it actually has in common with fire emblem. They spent, what, 6 minutes on the game and did they even show a gameplay map?

The incessant grinding bits were one of the worst parts brought in to awakening and later games, can't say I'm a huge fan of how it at least seemed to be a large part of what they showed today.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There are changes to the series and then there's three houses, which so far I'm honestly not sure what it actually has in common with fire emblem. They spent, what, 6 minutes on the game and did they even show a gameplay map?

The incessant grinding bits were one of the worst parts brought in to awakening and later games, can't say I'm a huge fan of how it at least seemed to be a large part of what they showed today.
Change can be bad yes but I like when people try, if anything the feature that I dislike the most is that they still made avatars the main lord, I would love if the avatar just sitted in the sidelines

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the inevitable Three Houses banner will be the 3 House leaders + the main character, or if they'll give each House their own banner. Would imagine they would want to space out the major character releases.

(The alts for the student characters are going to be icky, aren't they.) :(

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the inevitable Three Houses banner will be the 3 House leaders + the main character, or if they'll give each House their own banner. Would imagine they would want to space out the major character releases.

(The alts for the student characters are going to be icky, aren't they.) :(
If they go the SoV route, it will probably be each main character receveing they own banner.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
3H looks a lot interesting for me. Though I honestly have never played a mainline FE game. Only Heroes lol! And yup it does give me a Hogwarts vibe!

This one could be a start, but the Switch at my household isn't mine. Figured the game would be pushed back and that we are getting a release date.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking about giving Special Fighter to someone to make an actual armor team. I have a lot of armored units but I've never had a go at actually building a good team out of them.

I'm considering H.Jakob mostly. I could either make an enemy phase Jakob with Guard Bow + DD3 + QR3 seal, which would make him especially hard to kill because he only gets seriously hurt by specials anyway, or I could do a player phase build with a Brave Bow for 2-charge specials every attack. Enemy phase W.Tharja might work too, but she'll need the QR3 seal to get those doubles.

I'm not sure who else would really benefit from it, because I don't have any really speedy armors besides a -atk Amelia who I'm not exactly dying to invest in for obvious reasons.

So in my attempt to get dc from valentine hector, I get a Minerva, and then a valentine lilina.

I hope they're good, cause damn.
Minerva is good but I feel shes' become a little outclassed by recent units. She does a lot of things well at once though, which makes her a great generalist. She's one of the faster axe users, has very good bulk, and can do very respectable damage with her refined weapon.

It's just that her more balanced stats means that she doesn't specialize quite as well as the less balanced units - she's not as nukey as Cherche, and not as tanky as Beruka. But she's a better mixed phase unit than either of them.

I wanted to do more with her, but these days I find I mostly use her as a drop-in flier team core in AA because I gave her Hone Fliers. She can support any team of fliers and can often cover any weaknesses from the other units.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I feel Black Knight is actually a decent user of special fighter. His base 34 speed is workable with even something like speed tactics support, and being able to use Black Luna well in both phases is honestly a plus. Give him darting stance or blow as a seal, and he's honestly an all around decent option. Especially since most high end black knight builds probably use "steady breath/bold fighter/quick riposte here's a black luna to the face" wombo combo so having special fighter to condense those skills is actually huge plus; he can actually use the A skill for something useful!

Granted, I haven't used SF Black Knight, but he seems like the best available budget option for it.

And I mean, those Jakob builds you suggested might work, but the thing that stands out is that bold/vengeful fighter seems better SF just feels like a placeholder until you get proper fighter fodder. I wouldn't even look at W!Tharja; she's too slow and needs BF3 or at least VF3, and sure enough she comes with the latter.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
*Groans* Why does 3 Houses have to be delayed yet again ... Depending on how recent that decision was, this might really impact FEHs banners. As in, we either see Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude before the Switch game launches, or we see some hefty interim banners that also feel like such and those might absolutely be Fates / Awakening or some themed stuff like Adrift.

July ... that's 5 months still, i wonder if the co-developing with KT is the reason why this development seemingly didn't work without issues. Meanwhile, a new Platinum game, completely unknown before, was "randomly" announced for summer ... to be fair it's not known for how long that's been in development already, but atm it looks a little ridiculous.

They're just uniforms.

61OKJFvV97L._AC_UY700_.jpg

It's still "early" for me ... but has that pants ... thing ... a hole in the groin area?

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
*Groans* Why does 3 Houses have to be delayed yet again ... Depending on how recent that decision was, this might really impact FEHs banners. As in, we either see Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude before the Switch game launches, or we see some hefty interim banners that also feel like such and those might absolutely be Fates / Awakening or some themed stuff like Adrift.

July ... that's 5 months still, i wonder if the co-developing with KT is the reason why this development seemingly didn't work without issues. Meanwhile, a new Platinum game, completely unknown before, was "randomly" announced for summer ... to be fair it's not known for how long that's been in development already, but atm it looks a little ridiculous.

It's still "early" for me ... but has that pants ... thing ... a hole in the groin area?
I think the hole is not a hole. I think it just looks like that because of the way it is place. It's the result of part of it being folded into self.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Had a very tight week in arena.... was rank 1460 with a minute to go and the cutoff to stay in T21 was 1468....

Only lost 40 lift so far this week in AR, going up to Tier 20 didn't really change anything..... hopefully it stays this way so I can push for T21 next week.... but having too carry 2 Eirs and Fjorm... maybe not.

Wish they would hurry up and release the other offensive mystic hero so I can finally build a team around whoever it is, need to see who I need to finish building out of CC Vantage Jamke, Null Disrupt Fae or Garon etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.