• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if IS goes with how the house lords are shown in the cutscenes, as in Edelgard with an axe, Dimitri with a lance and Claude with a bow. Class change seems to have a bigger spotlight in 3 Houses.

If anything, that opens up a loooooot potential for alts. ;D

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Last week in AR was so good and of course that had to be the shortened week so I couldn't go up a tier.

This week has been much worse. Maybe it's the lack of Eir bonus as she's so versatile: counters Duma, takes out mages, and debuffs tanks.

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed - I'm taking a big ol' beating this AR season. I'm managing to cling to what little lift I have, but it doesn't help that I'm taking massive losses from defense and then my immediate next two defenses are successes.

Nov 7, 2017
https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/fire-emblem-heroes-nintendo-mobile-1203138523/

Nintendo strategy game "Fire Emblem Heroes" has become the second most lucrative mobile release from the company, reaching $500 million in revenue within the past five months, Sensor Tower reports.

The majority of sales have come from Japan, which accounts for 56% of the total revenue. The United States is the game's second largest market, making up 31% of the $500 million, or roughly $155 million.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Been suspecting that Heroes has been really hurting Fire Emblem's reputation these days, given some of the strong responses in the reveal thread for 3 Houses. Yeah, I know Fates is a contributor. But it's weird how they do a reveal for a very vanilla Harry Potter-esque setup without a lot of specific detail and many people react like they've gone full underaged dating sim. I feel like Heroes existing adds to people expecting the worst out of the franchise when it comes to pandering. Bums me out. :(

Agreed - I'm taking a big ol' beating this AR season. I'm managing to cling to what little lift I have, but it doesn't help that I'm taking massive losses from defense and then my immediate next two defenses are successes.

Add me to the "AR Misery Club" this week. I keep getting red mages with nested cavalry behind them, which is probably my worst matchup. I think I rely on Helbindi to tank stuff too much, those leading red mages are always a problem. I need to get my Micaiah together or build some DC Barrier Blade Fir or something. Or maybe I just need to wait for those defense folks to graduate again and leave me alone, lol.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Been suspecting that Heroes has been really hurting Fire Emblem's reputation these days, given some of the strong responses in the reveal thread for 3 Houses. Yeah, I know Fates is a contributor. But it's weird how they do a reveal for a very vanilla Harry Potter-esque setup without a lot of specific detail and many people react like they've gone full underaged dating sim. I feel like Heroes existing adds to people expecting the worst out of the franchise when it comes to pandering. Bums me out. :(
Fates did that all on its own. Did you forget the "petting" mini game? IS is this close to go full Senran Kagura on us.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fates did that all on its own. Did you forget the "petting" mini game? IS is this close to go full Senran Kagura on us.

But they took that out of the US release, which signals to me that they're aware that they might have gone too far with it. And there wasn't a sniff of anything like that when they remade Gaiden. Yeah, I know, remake, but they still had choices to make in making it more marketable. I feel like we honestly don't know much about 3 Houses right now and a lot of these "criticisms" are just guesses based on something we don't know will continue. I'm not saying speculation isn't unreasonable but there's an air of grossness around 3 Houses that I think is premature. I am happy to change my mind later when we get more details, I just feel like the internet is jumping the gun a bit.

Mentioning it here because I think the alts and the controversies around this game has kind of reinforced that perception. It's easy to draw the line from Fates to Heroes and say it will trickle back to console again.

Last edited:

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for Linhardt to be the new meta cavalry character.
So nothing changes then

jzpoouti6fg21.png

IS has got to have done that on purpose and no one will convince me otherwise.

Wolven Hammer

Feb 26, 2018
Los Angeles, California
I feel Black Knight is actually a decent user of special fighter. His base 34 speed is workable with even something like speed tactics support, and being able to use Black Luna well in both phases is honestly a plus. Give him darting stance or blow as a seal, and he's honestly an all around decent option. Especially since most high end black knight builds probably use "steady breath/bold fighter/quick riposte here's a black luna to the face" wombo combo so having special fighter to condense those skills is actually huge plus; he can actually use the A skill for something useful!

Granted, I haven't used SF Black Knight, but he seems like the best available budget option for it.

And I mean, those Jakob builds you suggested might work, but the thing that stands out is that bold/vengeful fighter seems better SF just feels like a placeholder until you get proper fighter fodder. I wouldn't even look at W!Tharja; she's too slow and needs BF3 or at least VF3, and sure enough she comes with the latter.
Yooooooo!

Now imagine giving BK a slaying sword to bring his cool down to 2.

He gets hit, black Luna to the face.

Edit: and he can use the A slot for distant counter, lmao.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017

Add me to the "AR Misery Club" this week. I keep getting red mages with nested cavalry behind them, which is probably my worst matchup. I think I rely on Helbindi to tank stuff too much, those leading red mages are always a problem. I need to get my Micaiah together or build some DC Barrier Blade Fir or something. Or maybe I just need to wait for those defense folks to graduate again and leave me alone, lol.

The Direct mostly focused on the Hogwarts stuff so I can see where the criticism comes from. Yes there is some sort of combat and overarching story which they are probably not revealing yet (besides the mystery girl you dream about) but if you didn't know FE was a strategy RPG game you'd think it was some anime dating sim.

The AR red mage setups are Surtr counters, so bring Fjorm or DC Effie.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
There was nothing remotely similar to dating on the trailer. Some people are being absurd about Three Houses.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Finally completed all book I chain challenges, with the completion of Ch. 11/12. My first team manhandled more than half the challenge before the rest handled the scraps.

Honestly, takes a lot of trial and error to figure these out! Now gotta do most of book II. *gulp*

I'm now over 100 orbs saved. That's a new record for me!

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
The book 9/10 and 11/12 chain challenges from book ii are the absolute worst. I thinK i spent an entire day and like 20 or 30 stampots figuring that one out.

bloody dancers.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Sutr would have been actually good. Legendary Lyn won according to the leak.

OMG! And not a much better green legendary like Hector? I mean this was yet another popular contest, so I don't believe people had getting an actual good character in mind. Though granted, I would at least like to have her for completionist purposes.

Actually I'm not certain if that will be the case. I'm current farming HM of Spring Xander, OG!Leo and OG!Takumi. I'm just severely bothered how goddamn useless 2 of those units were, so I'll plan on foddering them upon maxing up their HM lol.

Edit: And now looking at red, now I'm not sure how much I'll invest on that 2nd Anniversary banner.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
OMG! And not a much better green legendary like Hector? I mean this was yet another popular contest, so I don't believe people had getting an actual good character in mind. Though granted, I would at least like to have her for completionist purposes.

Actually I'm not certain if that will be the case. I'm current farming HM of Spring Xander, OG!Leo and OG!Takumi. I'm just severely bothered how goddamn useless 2 of those units were, so I'll plan on foddering them upon maxing up their HM lol.

Edit: And now looking at red, now I'm not sure how much I'll invest on that 2nd Anniversary banner.
The funny thing is Legendary Lyn isn't even popular since where legendary reveal was one of the more down voted videos. Which has me call into the question of her winning legitimately.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
The funny thing is Legendary Lyn isn't even popular since where legendary reveal was one of the more down voted videos. Which has me call into the question of her winning legitimately.

Like I said, it's gotta do with popularity of the character (and maybe the notion of being her third alt) and yet everyone knows full well she's the worst among the legendaries!

I mean I won't be mad if I get her as a free summon, but still this feels very disappointing with that and this banner in general if true. Will just hope something better comes up with the leg banner.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Really hoping that isn't the actual lineup, but am fearing the worst. Who would actually vote for Legendary Lyn? I'm a L!Lyn apologist and even I find it incredibly lame. Maybe no one actually voted for green units because we all assumed Hector or Surtr?

Only missing the red unit from that list. But the prospect of sniping red... Oof. Hoping this was just a weird technical thing and doesn't come to fruition.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
.Well, I already have
two Halloween Myrrhs and two Dumas
but I don't have
L!Azura or... L!Lyn? Seriously?
. I'll be hoping for blue with all of my might. But any would be acceptable, at least. Can't go wrong with the fodder.

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
If there were a 2nd stage of voting like last time one of the other greens would almost certainly pass Lyn in round 2.

lameeeeee

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said, it's gotta do with popularity of the character (and maybe the notion of being her third alt) and yet everyone knows full well she's the worst among the legendaries!

I mean I won't be mad if I get her as a free summon, but still this feels very disappointing with that and this banner in general if true. Will just hope something better comes up with the leg banner.
But even if it's about Lyn's popularity, she has two better alts to choose from.

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, the results on the website are live now, so spoilers are unnecessary.

I have 2 LLyns and 0 Dumas, so I know which one I'll inevitably pick.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Out of all the other possible green heroes, Hector (3x), Grima, Surtr, Azura (2x), Ephraim....fucking Lyn? I mean I love my girl, but she just pulled an upset

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be super salty if I free pull Lyn. I already have her at +10 and her fodder isn't great.

I shall hope for Azura or Myrrh. Duma isn't a great unit, but since I don't have him I guess I could deal with getting him. It would be 5,000 feathers to farm, at least.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
L!Lyn? Really? I'd have preferred that guy instead.

Like... idk, L!Lyn ins't a good unit. If you like lyn, great; and she's certainly workable with investment (e,g, getting her guard bow instead of using her prf) but it's a dud.

I'd be most happy wiht LAzura since I don't have her and she has obvious utility; duma and spooky myrrh are fine; l!lyn is just speed tactics to fodder to me lol.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I feel Black Knight is actually a decent user of special fighter. His base 34 speed is workable with even something like speed tactics support, and being able to use Black Luna well in both phases is honestly a plus. Give him darting stance or blow as a seal, and he's honestly an all around decent option. Especially since most high end black knight builds probably use "steady breath/bold fighter/quick riposte here's a black luna to the face" wombo combo so having special fighter to condense those skills is actually huge plus; he can actually use the A skill for something useful!

And I mean, those Jakob builds you suggested might work, but the thing that stands out is that bold/vengeful fighter seems better SF just feels like a placeholder until you get proper fighter fodder. I wouldn't even look at W!Tharja; she's too slow and needs BF3 or at least VF3, and sure enough she comes with the latter.
Hm, BK is worth considering.

My Jakob does actually have VF3 and he's my AR attack MVP because most people like mass ranged BS. I was considering (and just gave) him special Fighter mostly because of the guard effect. I found that while VF3 was good, the main threat to him was special procs because everyone and their mother doubles him, thanks to the lack of Wary Fighter. So I was thinking that Special Fighter + QR seal would be safer than Vengeful Fighter + DD seal.

We'll see when I do my attacks tomorrow,i guess.

I agree that ideally a very speedy armor would benefit from it the most, but sadly I don't have one.

Last edited:

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
They just announced the winners of F&V

LVY2jhM.gif

Well in any case, but just lean towards spending more on the legendary banner (I'd forgive all this if its Master Knight Lachesis, but we know that's not happening lol).

In any case, hope I managed L!Azura or H!Myrrh on the free pull.

Edit: L!Eirika is 20th place. And Nephenee at 18th, that was surprising! And H!Mia at 24th.

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously though I'm going to be pissed if I get my fifth Legendary Lyn from this stupid random banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.