• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
I'm happy the LE has a digital code. I don't want carts but really like what comes with this release. Now if they will just tell me how much and when/where I can buy it.

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound
Honestly had they integrated this into the NES app I'd pull the trigger for $6. It feels dumb to have to an entirely separate application for one NES game when the rest of the first party stuff is contained in another

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
wat

How many decades until New Mystery of the Emblem is localised? Also, Metroid fans please remember to hydrate to offset the water lost from your tears, assuming you have any left to shed.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
That's gonna be a hard disagree from me lol. They need to market the games better, but I'd rather they don't make Prime a first-person shooter.

You can preorder the game itself on the eShop right now. No idea about the limited edition.
Nahh, they can make it like a Fallout game or more First person. The old Metroid Prime will not attract people, even with more marketing. The series will always be small, if they don't make a complete 180.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Anyone got pre-orders up for the Anniversary Edition yet?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly had they integrated this into the NES app I'd pull the trigger for $6. It feels dumb to have to an entirely separate application for one NES game when the rest of the first party stuff is contained in another
It's a new localization of a previously Japan-only game that time and money went in to localize. This isn't just a ROM dump into the NSO NES emulator.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Why is info on this Collector's Edition so scarce? Like, they know people want it, give us the deets!

"In addition, Fire Emblem 30th Anniversary Edition will be available through select retailers at a suggested price of $49.99. This collector's edition of the game will include a nostalgic, stylized physical NES box and a replica NES Game Pak art piece with a protective sleeve that transports owners to the era of the original game's release. The collector's edition also includes a colorful, 222-page Legacy of Archanea deluxe hardbound art book and a game download code. It will be accompanied by an NES instruction manual, newly localized from the original Famicom release, along with a fold-out world map and a Mini Nintendo Power retro collectible. With this rich package packed with exclusive items, fans can finally play the original Fire Emblem game as it was always intended: with power!"

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is just the first game. Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light is its full subtitle. The English localization of the DS remake just shortened it to Shadow Dragon.
I think that's what was throwing me off.

I'm normally pretty tolerant of Nintendo's re-release and pricing practices, but this seems a little bare then, with just the one game. Not even from a consumer product standpoint, but the "this is the celebration of the series" sort of deal.

Maybe it's a localization cost? They have an English version of the script for the first game, not sure if they have it for the second?

Johnzyboi

Nov 10, 2018
That trailer was... something else. Why wouldn't they just make it available on the NSO, they already have the rewind feature on there.

nenned

Oct 27, 2017
As others have mentioned, it seems to be using the artificial darkening filter that Wii U NES VC games used. If that is the case, this will be a pass from me.

This obviously increases the chances of Caeda in Smash Bros! /s

On a serious note, still is baffling that the digital version is limited-time only. I'd understand if it's just the Anniversary Edition, but you'd think they would at least keep the digital copy for people on the eShop to download whenever they want. Earthbound Beginnings also got a late localization and it still is available to download on the Wii U eShop (hope this doesn't age poorly lol).

The Anniversary Edition is a must-buy for me though.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017

It has stuff like fast-forward that the NSO games don't get, unlike rewind, etc, also in general japanese releases on western NSO are left untranslated, like the Picross release a while back and Panel de Pon.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
MY GOD MOTHER 3 ALL BUT CONFIRMED THIS IS MY TAKEAWAY

This falls smack dab in the middle of "neat" and "weird".

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I am glad they added the QoL features. As much as I love Fire Emblem, I have no time in my life for full map resets any more.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm unfamiliar with the naming conventions of the early Fire Emblem titles. Is this just the first game, or does it include the sequel too?
This is just the actual first game. The sequel for the SNES was called "Fire Emblem Mystery of the Emblem". Once starting the sequel, you get to choose between two "books", with the first one being a remake of the original game in the SNES engine (missing a couple of characters and stages due to some classes being dropped), while the 2nd one was the actual sequel.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I both hate this limited time/digital thing, but also going to follow this for pre-order news :/ Usually in-store Gamestop gets these things in first.

MOTHGOD

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Buttfuck Nowhere
"In addition, Fire Emblem 30th Anniversary Edition will be available through select retailers at a suggested price of $49.99. This collector's edition of the game will include a nostalgic, stylized physical NES box and a replica NES Game Pak art piece with a protective sleeve that transports owners to the era of the original game's release. The collector's edition also includes a colorful, 222-page Legacy of Archanea deluxe hardbound art book and a game download code. It will be accompanied by an NES instruction manual, newly localized from the original Famicom release, along with a fold-out world map and a Mini Nintendo Power retro collectible. With this rich package packed with exclusive items, fans can finally play the original Fire Emblem game as it was always intended: with power!"

Oh thanks. I am probably just an impatient brainlet and skipped over it on the actual webpage for the game. Also the site loads like butt on mobile so it also might be partly why.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh thanks. I am probably just an impatient brainlet and skipped over it on the actual webpage for the game. Also the site loads like butt on mobile so it also might be partly why.

Oh, it's not on the webpage, lol. It's on the press release only.

www.businesswire.com

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light Arrives in the U.S. for the First Time on Dec. 4

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light Arrives in the U.S. for the First Time on Dec. 4

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
This is really happening huh. They're really going to go forward with this limited time digital editions doo-doo.

Even ignoring that, what's the point of doing this for the original? Yeah yeah anniversary and all but we already have the remake.

It isn't even good.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I thought this also included the second Fire Emblem game lmao. Now I'm not interested, I already played Shadow Dragon on the DS

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not really a Fire Emblem fan, but I'd totally spend $6 to put my money where my mouth is and show that I want companies to do localizations of old RPGs that were never localized officially. There are so many old RPGs that I'd love to see come out on the Switch and elsewhere. But at the same time, I really don't want to support the horrible practice of time-limited digital releases.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
I think that's what was throwing me off.

I'm normally pretty tolerant of Nintendo's re-release and pricing practices, but this seems a little bare then, with just the one game. Not even from a consumer product standpoint, but the "this is the celebration of the series" sort of deal.

Maybe it's a localization cost? They have an English version of the script for the first game, not sure if they have it for the second?

It's a celebration of this game, and the second game game had a remake on 3DS.

I'm really really hating this new limited time only thing Nintendo is doing, especially with digital

It isn't "new" , it goes back years as it's already been discussed.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I would be excited. But I don't like the Original. rather it been Mystery of the Emblem on DS

Genealogy of the Holy war or Thracia 776 on SNES. Thos Would've been awesome.

and Roy's game too I guess. The terrible balance makes it unfun but It's Roy.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Why the complaints about the limited time eShop release?

How does it affect you?

All of you in the thread are fully aware of the release of this game (It's why you're here). You got (I presume) six months while it's available, plus the one months notice from today, to scramble up the $6 required to purchase it.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Ok...but who the fuck is Roy??????!!!!

Son of Eliwood, one of the protagonists of the actual in the west released Fire Emblem - The Blazing Blade. Roy's own game, The Binding Blade, which is a sequel story to Blazing Blade has never been released in the west (at least Europe)!

For some, a fighter in Smash Bros.

For people who know him, he's our boy.

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
So this limited time shit is going to become the norm, huh? Fuck Nintendo for creating artificial scarcity.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Ok...but who the fuck is Roy??????!!!!

Roy is obviously Japanese Eliwood, dunno why they changed his name tho
images

I would be excited. But I don't like the Original. rather it been Mystery of the Emblem on DS

Genealogy of the Holy war or Thracia 776 on SNES. Thos Would've been awesome.

and Roy's game too I guess. The terrible balance makes it unfun but It's Roy.
Haven't there been rumors that Genealogy and Binding Blade have been discussed for the next remake in the series?

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Son of Eliwood, one of the protagonists of the actual in the west released Fire Emblem - The Blazing Blade. Roy's own game, The Binding Blade, which is a sequel story to Blazing Blade has never been released in the west (at least Europe)!

For some, a fighter in Smash Bros.

For people who know him, he's our boy.

Oh I know, I was just being cheeky. :p

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Is the physical not announced for Europe?

Also, I guess I am canceling NSO as I am not really playing online and the rom selection is not only a joke but there's no point for me if those releases aren't even included.