• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm starting to kill all my former classmates in part 2. :(

Is there no way to recruit others in part 2?

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Well chapter 16 of BE-E and I've A Ranked every support. Guess I'll just do random stuff now.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I was a bit confused about the naming of Claude's unique class until I took a closer look at the dragon.

I think you have the option of recruiting certain ones if you kill them with Byleth? Not all of them, though, and I'm not really sure which ones.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
I want this now. Thank you. What classes should I hit on the way there? Still mage and just train flying on the side?

I did this all on hard but had ng+ for extra activity poi ts (which i guess balances out with the shorter BE-E route)
First you need to make sure to get the knwoledge orb because she has problems learning axes and lances. You want to get to wyver rider for sure at lvl 20 or as close as posible as that will set your str to 18(+3) which means she will have good/decent damage output without a magic weapon.
Example:

If you can also try to pick up 2 of the blow skills, fiendish and darting work well here, you will most likely need to unlock the budding talent for swords so she can fight efectively early in the game (moslty as a backup as she still wants to use axe/lance whenever she can for the points).

Add a good flyer batallion which adds physical attack but doenst substract magical and you are set! (I think cichol's batallion works like that) She can now kill with bolt axes or just use a regular axe to fight Peg Knights

It's easier with marianne as she has a better str growth and lances are required for wyver lord so she can fight with frozen lance early without having to do any detour.

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
I did this all on hard but had ng+ for extra activity poi ts (which i guess balances out with the shorter BE-E route)
First you need to make sure to get the knwoledge orb because she has problems learning axes and lances. You want to get to wyver rider for sure at lvl 20 or as close as posible as that will set your str to 18(+3) which means she will have good/decent damage output without a magic weapon.

If you can also try to pick up 2 of the blow skills, fiendish and darting work well here, but if you want darting you will need to unlock the budding talent for swords so she can fight efectively early in the game.

Add a good flyer batallion which adds physical attack but doenst substract magical and you are set! (I think cichol's batallion works like that)
Do you need STR at all if you are using magic weapons??

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Do you need STR at all if you are using magic weapons??

No but you can still kill mages with regular axes/lances instead of using your magic weapons, as they will most likely have shit defense. Also bolt axes are not that easy to come by before ch 15, but you can get a levin sword or 2 way earlier.

Plus your str growth doenst matter, wyver rider upgrades your str for you

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ill put it this way
I had my Lysithea and my Marianne as Wyvern lords.
Yes, both mages were fliers instead, and they amazing.

everyone gets a flying mount
Having Lysithea, the best magic user in the game, as a Wyvern Lord (who can't use magic) seems very strange.

I get they class is good, but holy crap.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I was a bit confused about the naming of Claude's unique class until I took a closer look at the dragon.

I think you have the option of recruiting certain ones if you kill them with Byleth? Not all of them, though, and I'm not really sure which ones.
Oh damn. I just slaughtered everyone in the blue lions. WTF was their problem? The black eagles should be their enemy, not us.

But they came at me. And if you come at the king you best not miss.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
This is my first Fire Emblem game, is there any chance they'd bring a versus mode? It would be awesome to play against other people.

They had something like that in Fates, where you would fight a random team from strangers. It was pretty fun, but can be frustrating too.
I mean, you're still just fighting overpowered AI units.
If you mean a real-time duel with someone, I personally think that sounds great in theory, but is potentially awful in practice, due to people rage-quitting or losing connection 40min in, taking forever to make their turn etc.
It could be fun, but knowing Nintendo, they probably see it as too much of a risk of player frustration.

I don't remember the details but there's basically only one per route.
Oh damn. I just slaughtered everyone in the blue lions. WTF was their problem? The black eagles should be their enemy, not us.

But they came at me. And if you come at the king you best not miss.

There's one per route that you can ONLY recruit if they joined your house pre-skip already.
GD - Ashe
BL - Lorenz

There's conflicting info on whether it's possible to recruit them even if you never recruited them before time skip, but since it's contested, I'd say it's probably not possible. I personally didn't see anyone claim they could recruit them after time skip only.

Edit:
BE - Lysithea
Apparently this one you can actually recruit post-time skip without having her pre-time skip, can anyone confirm?

Concerning Blue Lions coming for Golden Deer: It's complicated.
Or not.
Dimitri is a savage basically.

Last edited:

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of crazy that annette doesn't have a talk option with gilbert in that early chapter 5 mission he comes along on.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
There's one per route that you can ONLY recruit if they joined your house pre-skip already.
GD - Ashe
BE - Lysithea
BL - Lorenz

There's conflicting info on whether it's possible to recruit them even if you never recruited them before time skip, but since it's contested, I'd say it's probably not possible. I personally didn't see anyone claim they could recruit them after time skip only.

On my BE E run, I recruited Lysithea and she remained in my army post-skip, without having to "defeat recruit" her.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Death Blow +6 str on attack also counts for the weight calculation. Maybe its worth to have it if you are using a heavy weapon (even if it deals magic damage)

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
They had something like that in Fates, where you would fight a random team from strangers. It was pretty fun, but can be frustrating too.
If you mean a real-time duel with someone, I personally think that sounds great in theory, but is potentially awful in practice, due to people rage-quitting or losing connection 40min in, taking forever to make their turn etc.
It could be fun, but knowing Nintendo, they probably see it as too much of a risk of player frustration.

GD - Ashe
BE - Lysithea
BL - Lorenz

Or not.
I don't understand this, if you recruited them pre-time skip you don't fight them. How could that be a requirement to recruit them post-time skip?

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Only one character leaves you in BE-E (you know the one). Every recruitable character sticks around.

Right. I brought that up because they weren't sure if you needed to recruit said units pre-skip to be able to spare/recruit them post-skip, and since she doesn't leave if recruited pre-skip... presumably you can in fact recruit her post-skip without having recruited her pre-skip, if people have done that.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

GD - Ashe
BE - Lysithea
BL - Lorenz

Or not.
That doesn;t really maek sense as Lysithea stays with you on BE, there's no need to rerecruit her.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fliers are broken and I dunno why IS doesnt nerf them after they nerfed cavs in this game
Also buff armors, they are still bad

Last edited:

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Annette with a Bolt Axe/her hero relic is crazy haha.

Not to mention that all the Rally's stack and I made her my dancer, which made her a great support unit that can dish out the pain when needed. Just need to be careful where I position her.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I finished BE-E on Hard/Classic without making anyone a flier. I also didn't have a dancer, since I chose Flayn and then she left. Oops?

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
Okay you guys, I just beat my first run-through with Blue Lions. Ending made me emotional, and I loved that storyline. Should my second play through be with Black Eagles or Golden Deer? Having gone through Dmitri's side of the story I'm curious if going with the house that was less involved in his story makes more sense than the obvious one. What do you recommend?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay you guys, I just beat my first run-through with Blue Lions. Ending made me emotional, and I loved that storyline. Should my second play through be with Black Eagles or Golden Deer? Having gone through Dmitri's side of the story I'm curious if going with the house that was less involved in his story makes more sense than the obvious one. What do you recommend?
GD, if only to space out it and the fourth route as they're the most similar routes.

ZaddyMattty

Dec 4, 2017
New York City

What if they did local?

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017

If you want the "other half" of the war story, BE E. If you want lore and answers, GD & BE C.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

The one that seemed less involved in the story actually ends up having the most background details. The obvious one actually splits into two routes, one of which contains Lots of Background Details, and one that explains basically nothing.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played any of the BE routes, so I guess it's different there. I'll edit the original post. You can spare/recruit her somehow though, I thought? Anyone know how that works?

As far as I can tell sparing people is always just a matter of "make sure professor does the killing blow"

Edit: Sounds like I might have been wrong.

Last edited:

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
I haven't played any of the BE routes, so I guess it's different there. I'll edit the original post. You can spare/recruit her somehow though, I thought? Anyone know how that works?
From what I heard you can recruit her as Edelgard even if she wasn't recruited pre-timeskip. Though I don't know since she was already recruited in my run.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Okay, so no one can confirm that you can recruit her if you have NOT recruited her post-time skip then. :D

Edit: Don't look at me, I sure as hell won't recruit the chibi nuke any time I play this game.

Oct 27, 2017

Still would be time-consuming and potentially very not fun.

Shadow Dragon had something like that, didn't it? Can't speak to how fun it is because I never had anyone to play it with.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I think the potential problem playing against someone else is that you can basically infinitely turtle.
It needs a PUBG-esque ring of death to pit people against each other as turns pass.