AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Can someone roughly tell me how many parts there are, and how long they are? Please answer in spoiler, in case someone doesn't want to know.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I did not expect Annette to be so good

She's critting all over the place and I'm only a few chapters in

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Is it? I assumed the standard Edelgard route is the one that is picked. Not the spin off... unless...

Spoiler question:

If you don't follow Edelgard to the capitol to see her be crowned Emperor, do you automatically go into the Church route?

yes.
if you dont go with her you dont get a choice to kill/protect, she just leaves with Hubert and you stay with Rhea and the rest of the BE students

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I dunno, Ferdinand was good at the end, but during 70% or so of the game he was the "bush knight", was doubled by every unit in the game and didn't hit hard enough. At the last chapter I promoted him to Great Knight, so he didn't even benefit from the extra def. growth. I felt like "I can heal you from every tile of the map" Lindhart, crazy crit Bernie and "40 spell damage" Hubert were far better. My worse units were Ferdi and Petra, while Caspar, Dorothea and Felix were average.

Ferdinand is my designated chest opener, cause he's on horseback and can move so many tiles ahead of everyone else. He still fights for me so I can keep him leveled up but that's his main purpose for me.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
yes.
if you dont go with her you dont get a choice to kill/protect, she just leaves with Hubert and you stay with Rhea and the rest of the BE students

Oh. Huh. I assumed otherwise considering how people have talked about their experiences.

To me it seemed like most people did do that and did side with Edelgard.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How do you access that?!

Before you battle, go to system and choose Options. Go to "General" and scroll down and there should be an option to switch the music that says something like "Auxillary and Quest Battle Music Selection." Switch that to Manual. Then go to "Battle Music" and choose a song.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Lys is good, but let me make a case for Hubert as the best offensive mage
Hubert has a access to dark mage and bishop, that let's him spam dark spells more easily. he also gets two 3 range spells that make him very good at sniping people, he also has banshee that basically makes most enemy's mov be 0
All of that with just 5% less mag and speed than Lys and much better hp, def and res and higher bases across the board.
Of course Lys has much better utility and is available in more routes, but don't sleep on Hubert

While all of that is true, Lys doesn't look like a pale raisin having a really bad day (although her voice is annoying, I'll give you that).

On a serious note, I just feel like the dark seals should be a career path towards dark night. No real reason to it tho.

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still working on my first route (40 hours into BL path, still pre-skip), but this is already shaping up to be top tier in the FE rankings for me. I feel like it might actually have a shot at being my #1, which is currently held by Radiant Dawn.

Top tier:
  • Radiant Dawn
  • FE7
  • Sacred Stones
  • Path of Radiance
  • Three Houses
Pretty good:
  • FE6
  • Shadows of Valentia
Okay:
  • Awakening
Meh:
  • Conquest (the only Fates game I played)
  • New Mystery of the Emblem
  • Shadow Dragon

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
How deep into the game do the paths split?
I just made a very important story choice yesterday and want to know if now is the time to keep a separate save file to go back to.
It's still very early in the game though, (35 hours) so I'm hoping that's not where the paths split
The split occurs with a decision after the battle in Chapter 11.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to do NG+ enough times that you could actually recruit everyone possible? How does that change things?

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Hubert has a access to dark mage and bishop, that let's him spam dark spells more easily. he also gets two 3 range spells that make him very good at sniping people, he also has banshee that basically makes most enemy's mov be 0
All of that with just 5% less mag and speed than Lys and much better hp, def and res and higher bases across the board.
Of course Lys has much better utility and is available in more routes, but don't sleep on Hubert

Hubert's great. Though I'd advise against putting him in Dark Mage at all, since in the intermediate tier he'll want Fiendish Blow from regular Mage (Dark Mage's mastery ability is comparatively useless). After that, he can go to whichever Advanced class on the way to Dark Knight, his preferred end class.

Be sure to train his Riding skill early and often, and get his Lance to ~C, so he can be ready for Dark Knight. With its movement, Canto, and Dark Tomefaire, he's a monster.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hubert's great. Though I'd advise against putting him in Dark Mage at all, since in the intermediate tier he'll want Fiendish Blow from regular Mage (Dark Mage's mastery ability is comparatively useless). After that, he can go to whichever Advanced class on the way to Dark Knight, his preferred end class.

Be sure to train his Riding skill early and often, and get his Lance to ~C, so he can be ready for Dark Knight. With its movement, Canto, and Dark Tomefaire, he's a monster.
You are basically trading immediate power against late game power. Considering his mag is so high i think you can compromise.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only playing Black Eagles C Route so far but I'm loving it so far both in terms of gameplay and story. I can easily see myself playing this again to complete the other routes and still not get bored. My eyes do hurt a bit because I'm close to the screen due to the small font, though. Anyway, after Fates Conquest, I'm satisfied that I can enjoy the story and understand it.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019

Dark Knight is a really cool class. My Sylvain absolutely demolished as one on my BE run. Now I'm working on turning Byleth into one this run, 'cause why not.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hubert has one of my favorite scenes in the entire game.

BE E Spoilers

"We have already purged some of the Imperial nobles who are morally rotten."

"My father among them. How unfortunate."

This gave me chills

Hubert is so good.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to do NG+ enough times that you could actually recruit everyone possible? How does that change things?

Yeah you can, you can just use renown to buy support points/byleth's skill level/professor points/etc and have a fairly easy time recruiting all of them. It opens up more paralogues and supports obviously, but doesn't change much in terms of the main story outside of not being able murder all your old students later on.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017

There are people that have recruited everyone on their first run so yes.

It doenst change much. You cant recruit the main people of other houses so the plot doenst break

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I fully expected Hubert to (BE-E route spoilers)
heel turn due to some misguided attempt to help/save Eddie,
so the fact that he had a fairly
positive ending came as a pleasant shock to me.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
I'm in such a fucking dilemma now. I started NG+ with the Blue Lions route with the intent of S-ranking Dimitri, but now I'm also considering Sylvain??? And after Sylvain I want to S-rank fucking Seteth of all people??? But NOW I sniped Lorenz (and Hilda, and Marianne, and-) because the dude was a fucking riot when I played Golden Deer but he had THE GLOW UP post time skip and now I want to S rank him too????? Please help me guys. I have too many options!

I really wanted to date Jeritza but for spoiler reasons that apparently was never going to fucking happen :(

EDIT: I should mention my first S-rank was with Claude because goddammit it all I love that scheming, cheeky bastard.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Approaching the end of the BE E route, and I have S potential with basically every character. Edelgard makes the most sense story wise, but I was originally wanting Bernie. Though Manuela, Leonie, and the rest have all really grown on me as well. Decisions, decisions.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Approaching the end of the BE E route, and I have S potential with basically every character. Edelgard makes the most sense story wise, but I was originally wanting Bernie. Though Manuela, Leonie, and the rest have all really grown on me as well. Decisions, decisions.

I chose Edelgard since that's the only specific route, you actually can get S with her in afaik.

R.D.Blax

Oct 26, 2017

When in doubt, go with Sothis

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
The split occurs with a decision after the battle in Chapter 11.

Ok so was the decision I made to go with Edelgard to see her crowned Emperor like a precursor to that decision or was that the one?
I forgot what chapter I was in
The moment my Petra learned how to ride a Pegasus... all the chest became her first goal.
I'm training Flayn as a flier soon. I need one bad for those missions where you need to save some poor soul located across the entire map and is gonna die in 3 turns unless you save them. I have enough mages already

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely love F!Byleth's hair. The messy asymmetry is really eye-catching. And her face really carries her characterization well.

She just looks too young to me.
Yeah, her face looks weird. I think her hair is fine. It's a good thing Nintendo is replacing male Byleth's VA.

I'm playing in Japanese so the voice actor wasn't an issue during the game, but I'm glad they're replacing him as well

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ohhh, we got an OT2.

I must be taking my time way too much, I'm at 50 hours and almost at the time skip. Not complaining, and I think I'm done with all the paralogues I can get so I should be moving faster.

Everyone got OP outta nowhere for me. Hilda as a fortress knight can't be touched, Raphael with death blow is a beast, Lysithea is a walking nuke, and Claude as a wyvern rider damn near breaks the game. Someone that fast and strong with high movement AND range w/ a bow is too OP.

And now that Byleth unlocked her unique class, she's damn near broken too. I'm not really grinding unless you count doing the paralogues as that. I hope post time-skip bumps up the difficulty.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else feel like male Byleth has a way better design than female Byleth?

I wanted to play as F Byleth but she looks so bad compared to M Byleth lol

and it's not even the outfit, it's the face/hair
me too, i think he is the prettiest male avatar yet(tho i still prefer male Robin's dsign more), while I think female byleth has the worst looking female avatar and probably worst looking avatar overall

Gles

Aug 4, 2019
So 65 hrs at chapter 19 on my first run. I'm not sure how but I love this game.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in such a fucking dilemma now. I started NG+ with the Blue Lions route with the intent of S-ranking Dimitri, but now I'm also considering Sylvain??? And after Sylvain I want to S-rank fucking Seteth of all people??? But NOW I sniped Lorenz (and Hilda, and Marianne, and-) because the dude was a fucking riot when I played Golden Deer but he had THE GLOW UP post time skip and now I want to S rank him too????? Please help me guys. I have too many options!

I really wanted to date Jeritza but for spoiler reasons that apparently was never going to fucking happen :(

EDIT: I should mention my first S-rank was with Claude because goddammit it all I love that scheming, cheeky bastard.

All the routes ship Byleth with their respective lord extremely hard (and regardless of gender, at that). Despite liking a bunch of the guys on BL, I couldn't bring myself to not S-rank Dimitri my first go around.

Seteth's wonderful though. He's on my short list of people to S-rank.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so was the decision I made to go with Edelgard to see her crowned Emperor like a precursor to that decision or was that the one?
I forgot what chapter I was in
There are two basic requirements to get the actual final choice.

1. Get Byleth's support with Edelgard to C+.
2. Go with her to the coronation.

This will unlock the choice to side with her after the Chapter 11 battle. If I recall correctly, the coronation occurs during Chapter 11, so if you want to create a split save, do so now.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017

Hubert doesn't get warp, so he has that going against him.
Also, the original question was about who to recruit to BE, and that made the Hubert reply useless.

While all of that is true, Lys doesn't look like a pale raisin having a really bad day (although her voice is annoying, I'll give you that).

Ouch, the shade.
(Facts are facts though.)

Hubert is handsome, I will not accept this type of slander

Nah.

He's hilarious, yes. But handsome? No way.
(I support all the Ferdinand x Hubert shippers on Tumblr with all my heart though, please never stop.)

Dimitri has a much better S rank than "well, it was nice knowing you, bye!"-Claude.
If you're on Blue Lions route, pair Sylvain with Ingrid until A support, then just know that you'll never get as nice an S support with Sylvain as Ingrid got for an A support (for shame!).

If you romance Lorenz (or Ferdinand for that matter), you get the POSHEST WEDDING RING IN THE WHOLE GAME, so that's also a good choice.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Hubert sounds great, but I'm in GD right now so idk much about him. I can say though, that once Lys got fiendish blow, that along with her high magic made her a nuke. Plus I gave her Thrysus from Lorenz' paralogue, which give her a long range for all her spells. Plus she has warp.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
*cough* I think you mean pair Sylvain and Felix to A+ for the best romantic ending.

If that's the game we're playing, there's already Dedue and Dimitri A support in that route that takes the crown.

Edit: Oh, if we're just talking about the Ending, in my run Dimitri and Felix ended up getting a paired ending, and they mentioned Dimitri's wife only to emphasize how much more Felix was attached to him, haha.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mean just look at Hubert post timeskip design, he is just so smooth looking

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to have basically my whole team either flying or riding this play through. Nothing will be out of my reach soon!

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
There are two basic requirements to get the actual final choice.

1. Get Byleth's support with Edelgard to C+.
2. Go with her to the coronation.

This will unlock the choice to side with her after the Chapter 11 battle. If I recall correctly, the coronation occurs during Chapter 11, so if you want to create a split save, do so now.

Ok so I have both previous requirements and now it splits after Chapter 11 battle so if I save before that I'll be good.
Damn, I hope I have enough time to beat both routes before Astral Chain. 2 weeks for all that game is a lot.

This also solves my problem of whether to romance Shamir or Edelgard. I can marry both now

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Hubert doesn't get warp, so he has that going against him.
Also, the original question was about who to recruit to BE, and that made the Hubert reply useless.
Yeah, Lysithea is probably my favorite mage in the game. Warp is almost a win button on certain maps, and her spell spread is great. I think she's a really interesting character, too.

Hence why I'm making her a swordfighter on my GD run!