• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
The earliest I remember is the Phantom Menace, but it might have been Godzilla 98' too. They came out the same weekend apparently so whatever, pick your poison.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
The first one I remember is Robocop. I'm sure there was something more kid friendly before but damned if I can remember. My father to this day still apologizes for taking my 5 year old ass to it. I loved it but I definitely won't let any of my kids watch it till at least 16.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Technically...The Color Purple. But I was like 3yo and asleep for most of it. First movie I went to as a kid that I actually wanted to see was Masters of the Universe

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Only one I can remember vividly was the first Harry Potter film, however, I fell asleep through most of the film I think.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I honestly wish that I could remember. It's something that I would like to know. But I guess I was too young. Same with my first video games, it all blends together.

Dreezy

Oct 27, 2017
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and it was fuckin awesome. And it was at the dollar theater and it was still crackin.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
1st was Street Fighter The Movie. I was a huge fan of SF2 and Jean Claude Van Damme. What could go wrong? Well it even as a 11 year old I was like "eh, it was OK". Even though I already knew Ryu wasn't going to be the hero I still came out disappointed by the fact that he was shoved aside as a supporting character. But I went and watched Power Rangers the following year and to quote Dreezy who is only a little above me "it was fuckin awesome".

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I can't do the math now but it was either Force Ten From Navarone(I saw boobs!), Jaws(bailed at the head in the boat), or Star Wars( Romantic comedy).
I'm old. =(

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Back to the Future, from the back seat of my parents' station wagon, at the drive-in.

Firefoxprime

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
For me it was Disney's A Goofy Movie with my grandmother back in NYC. She passed away two years later so that movie's a pretty special part of my childhood (I was 5).

Eye 2 Eye baby!

SandMan1216

Oct 27, 2017
Mississippi
If I'm remembering correctly, I believe the First time I went to a movie theater, I saw Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie. It was awesome, though I know my dad had to be terribly bored, hahaha.

KillerStar

Oct 25, 2017
Mousedetectposter.jpg

I was 7.

Zedelima

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Star wars Phantom Menance.

I remember i liked a lot at the time, but my opnion changed over the years

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Silence of the Lambs. Parents went to the drive-in and thought I was sleeping in the backseat. I wasn't. It was somewhat traumatizing at five years old.

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Star wars at the drive in, stars as the backdrop was mind melting to my young self...

Oct 27, 2017
I always strongly doubt people actually remember their first played/watched/listened/*insert activity* whenever these threads pop up, unless all of you have photographic memories or something. I don't know

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I
I'm just old, lol...
My frEREiend(that was a reach) I went to a 40th birthday party tonight and felt old. Come see me in the balding/hair transplant thread.
Movie related I(my dad) chose Clash of The Titans to take his kids to instead of Raiders of the Lost a Ark. Epic fail dad.
I put my daughter through Phantom of the Menace so hopefully they remember the hugs and words of wisdom before movie choices.

BigMack

Oct 27, 2017
Oliver and Company when I was 4. I loved Huey Lewis and had the Christmas ornaments from McDonald's. Was so excited to finally get it on vhs when in 1996 when it was finally released.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
double feature at the drive in. it was a family movie and then The Shining. Me and my two bros were supposed to be asleep when the Shining played but my older brothers pretended to be. i was just a baby so I don't remember shit.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I really don't know but I know some of my earliest theater memories involve E.T and Willow.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Batman 89 but I only have really fuzzy memories of it I may be conflating with watching it a billion times on VHS.

First vivid memory was Terminator 2. I think I saw Rocketeer around the same time. I remember having tie in Terminator cups from Subway and a Rocketeer cup from pizzahut that I'd play with like toys cause I was a poor kid.

Deraldin

Oct 25, 2017
First movie I saw in theatres was Pinocchio. I was three. The whale gave me nightmares. :(

Oct 25, 2017
Batman Returns is the first I somehow legitimately remember seeing in the theater(which is crazy because I was 2 years old)
Jurassic Park at 3 years old is also the only other one I remember before I was around 5.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The earliest one I remember is seeing I think it was the 1998 version of Godzilla. Though I never sat through it because I ran out of the theater at the sight of a giant eye-ball gracing the screen.