Kazaam

Oct 26, 2017
London
Declan is such a good player. GG Arsenal, 2 more to go!

Yeah but challenges on keepers should be judged differently. The kinds of challenges on Saka that get let go absolutely should be fouls on a keeper or the game will be chaos.
Come on, that was barely a nudge. Look, I get the rationale behind it, but I think it was quite harsh. I wouldn't call it a "definitely not a goal" type of decision, but I also don't think they would overturn the on field one..

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Come on, that was barely a nudge. Look, I get the rationale behind it, but I think it was quite harsh. I wouldn't call it a "definitely not a goal" type of decision, but I also don't think they would overturn the on field one..
It didn't have to be much of a nudge though. Raya has his eyes on the ball and the touch shifts his position only slightly, but significantly enough that he can no longer catch the ball. Without that touch, there's no goal to disallow.

Either way, it'd be hard to argue that the result of the game wasn't the right one

Kazaam

Oct 26, 2017
London
Either way, it'd be hard to argue that the result of the game wasn't the right one
Oh, for sure. I didn't see live the challenge on Saka, but saw the clip in this thread and I have no idea how that was not a blatant red... so the game could've been much worse for Bournemouth. Otherwise really professional performance from Arsenal

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
image.png

Ah Hull just missed out, though the final day defeat kept Plymouth up so I can hardly be too mad.

Oct 29, 2017
My test for this type of thing is 'how would I feel if it was my club' and I have to say I'd be livid at the decision, whether it's right or not.

That being said, it is pretty funny for this to happen after a week of press and social media pearl clutching over some very pedestrian mucking about, and standing in front of a keeper, about Ben White.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
image.png

Ah Hull just missed out, though the final day defeat kept Plymouth up so I can hardly be too mad.

Those playoff teams are quite the uninspiring selection. Leeds and Southampton went down last year and West Brom and Norwich we've had up and down in the PL for the last 10+ years.

Tbf Hull would've been the same. Sorry Uzzy.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
I said since the beginning of the season that it would be an upset if the three promoted teams didn't go straight back down and that match exemplified why. Luton and the others just haven't adopted the PL mindset at all. Ball into the box and prayer won't get you very far
Basically this post but replace Luton with Burnley. Doesn't matter how much of the ball you have if your critical attacking play is so flat

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
The contact was definitely there for this penalty. But very rare they give them after the player gets an attempt away.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, I hope they don't trash them too much. City is capable of closing that goal difference gap

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
well, at least I capped Haaland on fpl. Others in my league seemed to have lost faith in him.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Welp

At least Wolves got a win against them this season. This final score might get ugly lol

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
Micah blowing smoke up Haaland as usual, but can he do this against someone not in a double-digit position?

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Those playoff teams are quite the uninspiring selection. Leeds and Southampton went down last year and West Brom and Norwich we've had up and down in the PL for the last 10+ years.

Tbf Hull would've been the same. Sorry Uzzy.
We (Saints) are liable to choke with Russell Martin, so I expect nothing from us being in that rat-fight.