• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Every time I enter top 5 it's always people with battle pass outfits on.

Always. It makes me salty, I do not know why.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Feel a bit bad about this one, my buddy and I landed East side (the other two randoms went somewhere new and died instantly) and didn't encounter a soul until moving towards the circle here, spotted this team on the horizon as they approached the soccer/football stadium and crept up on 'em for a far too easy grenade squad wipe. I bet they were a bit salty.

ballisticola

Nov 1, 2017
Heh. This guy had me dead and I needed 1 more SMG kill so I just went YOLO and melted him :)

Sometimes that gun is fantastic.
It's the most underrated gun in the game. And even though I've just said that, even I don't use it :D No one noticed that bump from 30 rounds to 35 actually made it godly. I think it has the highest damage per second of any gun, but it's still forgotten. Especially useful on console, because it doesn't require a great amount of skill, but I would imagine it's terrifying on PC.

Shapes

Nov 6, 2017
Did they get to improving the weapon feel yet, or does it still feel as if you are firing RNG ammo in a circle?

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Did they get to improving the weapon feel yet, or does it still feel as if you are firing RNG ammo in a circle?
They've made no changes to the shooting model, they spoke about some potential changes back in mid December with a test coming in early 2018, but no firmer details than that. I will say that i found the shooting model to be a bit off putting initially, but its certainly something you can get comfortable with and the game is currently a ton of fun.

Karppuuna

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have anybody else notice that, when you lock the framerate, game run 60fps and if you unlock 30fps.This should be vice versa. I play PS4Pro.

EDIT: I read it wrong, it says that when leaving "on" maximize framerate.

The game runs great now for Pro, it's close to 60fps, even in towns, at least in solo.

Last edited:

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Really wasn't expecting them to make as many changes to the map as they did. It's been fun learning all the new areas and changes. The new texture changes, trees, and color adjustments to the look for the game really reminds me of WoW's visual style.

It's funny just how much people are in love with Tilted Towers (it's a ton of fun to fight in). We had a game of squads yesterday where we rolled up to Pleasant Park at the second circle and it was completely unlooted.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Yeah, there's a point it seems like in every match, playing solo, that it comes down to how good your building game is. You could be a stone cold killa with whatever gun you may have. But you can't bring up your building menu and build shit on the fly, you don't really have a chance in the endgame it seems. Just how I feel playing lately. I guess a lot of folks got good cause I haven't won one in awhile. I just need to git gud (with building!)

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Checked it out and thought it felt good.

Just want to make sure there is no downside I'm not aware of.

On the X it plays much better uncapped in my opinion, particularly after this latest update - they've really improved the framerate stability in a noticeable way. Not only that but I think the game looks even better now.

Assuming the Pro is a similar situation I'd say definitely go for the uncapped option. I've not noticed any downsides and haven't noticed any input lag issues.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Checked it out and thought it felt good.

Just want to make sure there is no downside I'm not aware of.

I've been playing uncapped since it's been an option and I see no downsides. It's even better now with the framerate improvements, feels like a pretty consistent 60fps once you're on the ground! (It's sometimes a bit choppy when you're skydiving in, probably because of the new asset streaming system)

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Yeah, there's a point it seems like in every match, playing solo, that it comes down to how good your building game is. You could be a stone cold killa with whatever gun you may have. But you can't bring up your building menu and build shit on the fly, you don't really have a chance in the endgame it seems. Just how I feel playing lately. I guess a lot of folks got good cause I haven't won one in awhile. I just need to git gud (with building!)
Switching to the Combat Pro scheme (on PS4) really helped me build a lot quicker. Took a while to get used to, but it makes a big difference. I can throw up a base incredibly quickly now.

Nov 13, 2017
I just tried double pump for the first time and won a game rather easily (helped that someone dropped me a legendary rocket launcher). That's such a strong setup.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone wondering it looks like Haunted Hills is supposed to get more floor loot but its not spawning properly for some reason and Epic are looking into it.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Found that out the hard way. Dropped in and searched like 5 tombs and didn't find shit. Not even ammo.
It was the first place i dropped post update, i just figured they were making it kind of like Tomato Town, a bit light on loot, not really ideal for duos or squads but potentially OK for solo if its not active.

Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite popularity seems to be slowly snowballing, against PUBG anyways. Not that they are in direct competition, but I remember so many people writing Fortnite off in the early days as just a poor copy cat clone.

But on Twitch, its consistently having a really high view count.

Really glad it is working out for Epic. They deserve it.

Wish 50v50 was permanent.........

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could play this on PS4, but I cant go back from PC. The 30 FPS is horrid and doesn't feel like it stays at 30 FPS.

Also, I really hate the console community so much. Every game is a team kill in squad queue. And now that they disabled it, it's very clear that I'm playing with players who dont want me there. They stay in party chat. They go their own direction. They dont help me, or acknowledge me. It's clear that they'd TK me if they could.

A vast majority of my console experience has been horrible, compared to PC.

I even played Duos and my asshole partner tried to team kill me.

I miss friendly fire, because it wasn't a problem on PC.

It was the first place i dropped post update, i just figured they were making it kind of like Tomato Town, a bit light on loot, not really ideal for duos or squads but potentially OK for solo if its not active.

Definitely feels like a Tomato Town equivalent if they can fix up the loot. But the Motel is like a better version of Tomato Town. Lots of chests and ground loot. Just a very tight area since Tomato at least has the house and tunnel.

Personally, Haunted Hills is disappointing anyway because I wanted a nice sizeable castle.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Dipped back in for the first time in awhile yesterday. Feels like the gun balance is worse now than it was a month and a half ago. May as well use nothing but shotgun until the very end game when everyone builds up their towers.

Strider

Oct 25, 2017
USA
dammit... I let Summit kill me lol Didn't even realize he was in my game until I saw the name on spectate...

Was weak coming out of the storm and he was the 3rd guy I had to engage. It was a kinda nutty fight for me right there.

In the end I accidentally dropped to the low ground and couldnt build a flat over me in time because of a tree. FeelsbadMan when ya come across a big streamer for the first time and play like garbage

Nov 13, 2017
FeelsbadMan when ya come across a big streamer for the first time and play like garbage
I did that with Myth. I got the drop on a guy after a fight. None of my AR shots hit. He then started building ramps toward me and all I did was shoot them out. But once he was in the air he just hit me with a rocket.

Then saw it was Myth. Guaranteed he called me trash on steam.

Nov 13, 2017
It's super dirty. I can see why some people think it's OP and needs to be fixed. You cancel out the pump animation when switching weapons, which shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Anyways, I tried to land in the scrapyard in the northwest corner of the map but didn't glide far enough. So instead, I landed in a cluster of ruined houses that had 5 freakin chests! I'm not sure if I got lucky and 5/5 spawned, or if maybe you can even get more. But that's a ton of chests in such a small area. I walked out of there with an end-game load-out (sans splode launcher). It's not even a named location. Man, Haunted Hills is a joke :(

Quiksaver

Oct 26, 2017
it's very clear that I'm playing with players who dont want me there. They stay in party chat. They go their own direction. They dont help me, or acknowledge me. It's clear that they'd TK me if they could.

I think you are just being paranoid but anyway here's a friend that won't try to kill you:
His PSN ID is I_AM_THE_HYPE__
I'm sure he will help you out since he is me.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could play this on PS4, but I cant go back from PC. The 30 FPS is horrid and doesn't feel like it stays at 30 FPS.
Also, I really hate the console community so much. Every game is a team kill in squad queue. And now that they disabled it, it's very clear that I'm playing with players who dont want me there. They stay in party chat. They go their own direction. They dont help me, or acknowledge me. It's clear that they'd TK me if they could.
Just to throw my experiences in as well, i've been playing Fortnite since day 1 on PS4 and have only been team killed intentionally twice, no hyperbole, just in those two separate matches. I don't doubt that team killing very much is an issue given how its reported, but you may have just been having a lot of worse luck than is the norm and it may not be platform specific. I do almost always queue up with one friend though as we almost always play together so its normally only ever two randoms max we're playing with, and we mostly only play squads for challenge so we're often in the duo queue so do that into account, but have played hundreds of squad games since launch.

I definitely think friendly fire should be enabled for balance reasons, but am Ok with it being disabled until they implement a proper punishment/ban system for repeat offenders.

Last edited:

Cess007

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
So, I won my first match tonight. And I gotta say, it was friggin exhilarating! We were down one member of our squad but somehow managed to wipe the other one. Some random guy in our team did almost all the final work, so shout out to him!

Last edited:

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So, I won my first match tonight. And I gotta say, it was friggin exhilarating! We were down one member of our squad but somehow managed to wipe the other one. Some random guy in our team did almost all the final work, so shout to him!
Congrats! The next win will come way easier, i promise. Its really that exhilaration that the BR genre is all about, its pretty unmatched at the moment.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Next patch is live, looks like it just focuses on server stability.

edit: oops, didn't realize i was the last person to post, should've just updated my previous one.

Last edited:

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Twice now I've died trying to fiddle around with trap selection. Has it gotten worse? I keep repeatedly tapping T to no radial menu popping up, then try to get to the one I want by removing traps in my inventory, then OOPS someone starts shooting me and I'm hoisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.