Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Has anyone else had issues with the spring barn find taking forever to unlock in the garage (after you've found it)? Every other barn find seems like it has been "restored" in about 15-30 minutes of playtime after finding it. I found the one for spring last Thursday when the season opened up, and have played the game for hours since then. Every time I go back and check it in the garage area, it says something different on the status (painting, engine restoration, etc.) so something is happening behind the scenes, but this seems odd.

When I click on it, it tells me it's still not ready but that I can insta-restore it for 2.5 million credits. No thanks, I'm saving up for a castle.

Oct 25, 2017
CaptNink I tried it again using the bodykit preset that upgrades the Lanica to S1 and it's much easier. The handling is quite squirrely so I had to rewind once or twice but it's no longer impossible.

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Those Gymkhana cars. Oh boy.

nq9x7s3bzyt11.jpg

I am guessing those Gymkhana cars are coming from the new Ken Block Gymkhana 10 video. It is supposed to drop soonish and is apparently the biggest and craziest one they have done.

Edit: Apparently it is part of a show on Amazon Prime called The Gymkhana Files. It starts on 11/16 and goes to 12/7, which is when Gymkhana 10 will be shown. Info

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Okay downloaded the patch did it quick route creation where I said no checkpoints and a long distant Finish Line

Was very easy to create you do it from the race menu off of the map of any race just like a blueprint.

so I was able to create a free roam route that allowed me to pretty much change the season to winter but of course I'd be in the middle of a race with no traffic.

I could go anywhere I wanted to in the world.

as much as I appreciate that the only downside was you can kind of cheat the system of that a checkpoint and go from start to finish and rack up a bunch of quick credits.

so hopefully they don't change that and limit it because I like having the free roam options but I'm sure some people will abuse the credit cash in

Last edited:

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope there is a patch sometime soonish to address several of the bigger issues I'm having with the game.

I really dislike being forced to use "bad" cars for the road racing stuff when I have a stable full of exotics waiting to be unleashed. I'd also love to be able to pick my season/weather/time of day in offline free roam. And finally it would be great if I could remove the categories I don't care about from My Horizon Life page, I'm never going to upload a blueprint, don't show me that Level 1 there!

Really solid game, but it isn't going to top 3 for me without a few of those tweaks.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I really hope there is a patch sometime soonish to address several of the bigger issues I'm having with the game.

I really dislike being forced to use "bad" cars for the road racing stuff when I have a stable full of exotics waiting to be unleashed. I'd also love to be able to pick my season/weather/time of day in offline free roam. And finally it would be great if I could remove the categories I don't care about from My Horizon Life page, I'm never going to upload a blueprint, don't show me that Level 1 there!

Really solid game, but it isn't going to top 3 for me without a few of those tweaks.
Just create a blueprint of the road race using the car type you want? Any race other than the Horizon Story ones can be raced using any car you want. The game is just suggesting certain parameters for the race.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
sometimes expert is hard and sometimes it is not, wtf? i guess best way to win exclusive forzathon stuff is by tuning the car?

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Just create a blueprint of the road race using the car type you want? Any race other than the Horizon Story ones can be raced using any car you want. The game is just suggesting certain parameters for the race.
I'm just saying it would be nice if the game would just use the car I'm in when I pull up to the race automatically, saving me a minute or two and the configuration page.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

Why not just blueprint the road race to use your exotics?

It doesn't take long. In fact, I'm pretty sure that one you select blueprint, you just mash "A" and it'll be setup for the car you arrived in.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I'll give that a try!

Actually scratch that, I was struggling on the final Lancia race and I went back to the garage and took off a few of the upgrades so I was the top of A class and that's perfect. Not so much power that it's difficult to control but I have enough acceleration to speed out of corners, they still catch up a bit on the uphill sections but I'm quick enough through the corners that it was pretty easy in the end.

Thank fuck that's all over.

agiantsheep

Oct 27, 2017
The AI really don't seem to like the Edinburgh route I created. They're driving as bad as me. Constantly hitting walls.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
So sharp turns in the route creator seem to really mess with the AI cars, it can get pretty hilarious.

There are already some goofy custom tracks out there, and if you don't want to go to every start point to check whether there are custom routes, you can go to the creative hub in the pause menu and search for blueprints with custom routes from there.

Also, I really enjoyed the British Racing Green story. There's a lot of love for British motoring history in there, and I like the narrator. She kind of sounds like Jodie Whitaker at times <3

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I'm just saying it would be nice if the game would just use the car I'm in when I pull up to the race automatically, saving me a minute or two and the configuration page.

That's basically 99% of the races for me.
Every race I join will make up its rules on the fly for my current car to fit.
Sometimes I will have a 4wd delivered before joining a cross country race because otherwise the game will tell me to go through acres of mud and rocks on the rwd HyperCar I'm currently driving.

Edit: duh, I can do that after joining the race

Edit2: So, sooner or later i will run out of clothes to win right ? All my wheelspins and super wheelspins end in nothing but silly pair of shoes, are those removed from the prizes once they are in your collection? So i can look forward to wheelspins being about the stuff I care about:P

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I finally noticed what I was missing all time but couldn't quite put my finger on it: Why is there no extra Drift race category with extra oily surfaces to race on like in Need for Speed Underground?

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The AI really don't seem to like the Edinburgh route I created. They're driving as bad as me. Constantly hitting walls.
If you drove near walls while creating it the AI will try to drive the same, try to create the route while doing a clean driving, even if you have to drive slower than usual, by staying in the center of the road, this way the AI will have a better behavior.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Also, I really enjoyed the British Racing Green story. There's a lot of love for British motoring history in there, and I like the narrator. She kind of sounds like Jodie Whitaker at times <3

I agree. I thought it was by far the most enjoyable story yet. I really like how much she is talking about the cars we are driving. The other stories did not have as much talking and it's actually interesting hearing about British cars.

I hope they continue with more interesting talking in the next stories. I honestly wouldn't mind if all cars had a bit of info the first time you took them for a drive. Really interesting stuff...

agiantsheep

Oct 27, 2017
If you drove near walls while creating it the AI will try to drive the same, try to create the route while doing a clean driving, even if you have to drive slower than usual, by staying in the center of the road, this way the AI will have a better behavior.

Yeah most of the problems were down to me driving slightly past the turn, the driving line would then create a small loop back on itself. I guess it's useful if anyone ever wants to cheese unbeatable AI.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Also I have found any blueprint races that use any car available often has the AI Behaving Badly because they bring all kinds of ridiculously upgraded cars that have no business taking corners.

If you make your blueprint for a specific championship of car you usually get a much more well-behaved group of AI cars

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
From the patch notes, it sounds like it pings on your map when you've hit driver level 50. I haven't had the chance to start the game up myself, so there could be something else.
Thanks. I am at Level 160 now so sounds like I should have seen it a long time ago if there is not something else.
I very well may have just missed it somehow. That is a real possibility. I will use the Filter and just choose Stories and see if I see it. Will check next time I log on which might have to wait until tomorrow.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Edit2: So, sooner or later i will run out of clothes to win right ? All my wheelspins and super wheelspins end in nothing but silly pair of shoes, are those removed from the prizes once they are in your collection? So i can look forward to wheelspins being about the stuff I care about:P

I'm reading a lot of complaints in the official forum about getting duplicate cosmetic items

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading a lot of complaints in the official forum about getting duplicate cosmetic items
What the fuck why would you do that

Also yesterday I had 5 super wheelspins in a row that gave nothing but emotes, shitty clothes and under 10k in money each

No decent money prize, not even a common car

I know they want you to keep playing but that shit is taking it too far

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Those new stories were kind of disappointing. Informative but mostly the same thing again and again. For most of them the first part which isn't rated was longer than the latter.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Is it just me or are these Lancia championships hard as hell on Expert? I won one of them but the second is trashing me even when I feel like I'm driving close to perfect.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Took my nearly 60 levels but I finally got my first Horizon Edition car. What, did I earn too many in 3 so ya hold them back for this long? HUH? I see how it is.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck why would you do that

Beats me... I don't understand why cosmetics are in wheelspins at all, but here we are.

I can't confirm if the complaints duplicate are valid out not because I don't pay any attention to my cosmetic collection, but I'll try to look more closely from here on out.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Beats me... I don't understand why cosmetics are in wheelspins at all, but here we are.

I can't confirm if the complaints duplicate are valid out not because I don't pay any attention to my cosmetic collection, but I'll try to look more closely from here on out.
I can NO DOUBT confirm you get duplicates cosmetics. No doubt at all about it. I have gotten the golden joggers or whatever they are called at least 3 times. Also have gotten the same hats a few times as well.
Same with emotes as well.
Pretty sure I have also gotten a duplicate horn.

I absolutely got duplicate "cosmetic" items. I am 110% certain on this fact.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Update doesn't appear to be out on PC in the US. I checked updates via the Microsoft Store app.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
I can NO DOUBT confirm you get duplicates cosmetics. No doubt at all about it. I have gotten the golden joggers or whatever they are called at least 3 times. Also have gotten the same hats a few times as well.
Same with emotes as well.
Pretty sure I have also gotten a duplicate horn.

I absolutely got duplicate "cosmetic" items. I am 110% certain on this fact.

Man that blows. Even if someone is into the whole "RNG cosmetics thing", getting a duplicate is equivalent to getting a big fat zero... I wonder how they justify that...

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Man that blows. Even if someone is into the whole "RNG cosmetics thing", getting a duplicate is equivalent to getting a big fat zero... I wonder how they justify that...

They won't justify it. If enough people complain on their forums at best they'll patch it out and claim it was a glitch and unintentional.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
There are a number of interface issues to fix, but that route creator is a godsend.

There are already quite a few neat races available.

And of course DIY.

Me like.

They should fix those drivatars though :p

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Route creator is dope.

PS. How do I find tracks created by players?

AlsoI've created a new track called ''verdena event', it's at the Edinburgh station circuit if you want to check it out.

Kevin Shields

Oct 27, 2017
So I never was gifted Senna so I bought one for a million and was hoping to finally start racing super cars. Mine is S2 and I thought it would be a beast but I'm in last place super quickly and have a hard time catching up on Expert. I rarely come in last place but in 3 races my Senna has got me last place. Am I doing something wrong or is the Senna not that great?