• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

King Picollo

Oct 28, 2017
The Titan race can just die in a fire, random bumps throwing you every direction, AI on rails completely unaffected and no matter what car I choose they are always in a faster one.

I even dropped the difficulty and still can't win. The first time I call bullshit on the AI for being artificially difficult.

Any recommendations?

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I just wonder how they justify it from a design standpoint. Cui Bono?

Yeah, I did get the impression I won the same items more than once.
I guess that's basically just so that you're left with prizes besides cars and money.
I can understand that; if every spin was guaranteed to earn you the good stuff it wouldn't be as exciting, right?
But they need to revisit the hot Vs cold stuff ratio: my last 5/6 super wheelspins and most regular wheelspins were all clothing and horns :(

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or are these Lancia championships hard as hell on Expert? I won one of them but the second is trashing me even when I feel like I'm driving close to perfect.

No it was impossible for me with the stock Lancia. I tried with the body kit preset that puts it into S1 and that was better but I still struggled with the handling as the car couldn't handle that much power which screwed me in the third race.

I went back to the garage and put on the rally tyres, maxed out the rear tyre width and weight reduction , rally suspension etc. for handling then installed a bunch of the engine upgrades to get it back up to the top of A class (Didn't cost me any extra as I owned all that from the body kit preset already) and that made it pretty easy.

They still gain on you in the uphill bits and water but you can pull away/catch up on corners.

So I never was gifted Senna so I bought one for a million and was hoping to finally start racing super cars. Mine is S2 and I thought it would be a beast but I'm in last place super quickly and have a hard time catching up on Expert. I rarely come in last place but in 3 races my Senna has got me last place. Am I doing something wrong or is the Senna not that great?

I found the Senna to be one of the best handling S2 cars but that's possibly a personal thing. Let me check to see that I haven't upgraded anything to make it handle better.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
The Titan race can just die in a fire, random bumps throwing you every direction, AI on rails completely unaffected and no matter what car I choose they are always in a faster one.

I even dropped the difficulty and still can't win. The first time I call bullshit on the AI for being artificially difficult.

Any recommendations?
What Car Type are you using? I did it in a Hot Hatch and had a blast personally. The AI did seem like it got a boost in that event but still. The only part I had difficulty was the hill right before the junkyard tracks at near the end where it throws you forward then in whatever direction you were slightly leaning when launching off it.

Jallopy

Oct 27, 2017
Are you talking about Mixer influence farming? I had about 600,000 points banked and I got zilch when I logged in to the game after the patch. Checking back on Mixer and my balance has reset. Has it been nuked?

No, I was thinking of the daily money you'd get from your Drivatar racing. Previous games you'd get a daily payout.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
huh i got 5500 or so for 3 stars, get 8900 or so for 12 stars, and i guess at 30 stars (the max?) you get 12k? A small gap between low and top i guess.

Forza rewards are another huge source of credits per week, depending on how many forza games you have played. I get 300k every friday
https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/en-US
Do I have to go to that page to claim it every week? I had no idea, and didn't realise I was sitting on all this:
62BldaFl.png

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
They won't justify it. If enough people complain on their forums at best they'll patch it out and claim it was a glitch and unintentional.
We can only hope. Or just change the ratios for the RNG so it's less weighted towards cosmetic stuff. Still can't believe I have a better chance of customising my avatar after a wheelspin than getting a new car (or money to spend on it).

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
No it was impossible for me with the stock Lancia. I tried with the body kit preset that puts it into S1 and that was better but I still struggled with the handling as the car couldn't handle that much power which screwed me in the third race.

I don't know, I did it with stock cars (two with the Delta, and one with the Stratos, I think), and while it was challenging, I can't say that I noticed a huge difficulty spike. Delta is a beast, it's one of my favourites since FH2. Well, I love all Lancias, great cars.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Are you talking about Mixer influence farming? I had about 600,000 points banked and I got zilch when I logged in to the game after the patch. Checking back on Mixer and my balance has reset. Has it been nuked?
Oh man, don't say that. My PC at home has been on for the last day and a half on a Mixer channel while I haven't been able to get to the game. If I don't have rewards when I (hopefully) log in tonight, I'll be miffed.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I don't know, I did it with stock cars (two with the Delta, and one with the Stratos, I think), and while it was challenging, I can't say that I noticed a huge difficulty spike. Delta is a beast, it's one of my favourites since FH2. Well, I love all Lancias, great cars.

I don't think it's impossible but it was easily the hardest races I've played so far. I actually beat the first championship but I'm having trouble with the second one I tried.

The first race I was overtaken in the last 50m and ended up second. The next race I'm still stuck on after retrying for an hour. I almost did it on the third try but choked at the last turn and wiped out. It's times like that I wish I had rewind on.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Do I have to go to that page to claim it every week? I had no idea, and didn't realise I was sitting on all this:

yeah you have to go to forza rewards to redeem every week, either the website, the app on w10/xbox, probably a mobile app too somewhere. it cycles sometime thursday night / friday morning, weekly. Then you have to "collect" it in game, although it'll queue up a few weeks worth at least in game if you only claim on the website.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I did get the impression I won the same items more than once.
I guess that's basically just so that you're left with prizes besides cars and money.
I can understand that; if every spin was guaranteed to earn you the good stuff it wouldn't be as exciting, right?
But they need to revisit the hot Vs cold stuff ratio: my last 5/6 super wheelspins and most regular wheelspins were all clothing and horns :(

I mean, they've been having wheel spins in these games since FH2. I strongly doubt any fans were ever saying "this would be even better if I was less likely to get good things". The whole draw was that the wheel spins were a bonus reward. Chance just determined the size of the bonus.

Now wheel spins are a just chance at a bonus reward, with a large probability of getting absolutely nothing.

The same way you justify designing an economy where the primary say of earning cars and money is through RNG wheelspins.

True

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
yeah you have to go to forza rewards to redeem every week, either the website, the app on w10/xbox, probably a mobile app too somewhere. it cycles sometime thursday night / friday morning, weekly. Then you have to "collect" it in game, although it'll queue up a few weeks worth at least in game if you only claim on the website.
I'm not sure if there is an in-game limit on queued up rewards payouts, but yes, you do need to claim from the site/app every week. I've had times where I came back to on older Forza game and I had pages of rewards to claim.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Oh man, don't say that. My PC at home has been on for the last day and a half on a Mixer channel while I haven't been able to get to the game. If I don't have rewards when I (hopefully) log in tonight, I'll be miffed.
LMK your result. I'm definitely getting robbed. I let it build up a little again, started the game, got nothing. Checked the stream and it had reset again. :(

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
OH MY GOD

ROUTE CREATOR

I LOVE YOU

prg18Io.png

If you're by Holyrood Park Circuit, find the road racing blueprint I made called "This'll Probably Kill You." In hindsight I should've called it "Destroyer of Drivatars." It's the first time I've ever wished for more comprehensive replay options because I need to watch more racers driving themselves off cliffs.

Last edited:

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Is it just me or are these Lancia championships hard as hell on Expert? I won one of them but the second is trashing me even when I feel like I'm driving close to perfect.

hell I had a hard time on highly-skilled took two or three runs to learn the routes and finally squeaked out a win had to use rewind a couple times too

Edit...
also please tell me why after I create a route or a blueprint for that matter, my Creations do not show up in the create Hub?

why can I search for everyone else's blueprints or routes but there is no tab for my routes?

Come on PG

Last edited:

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the duplicate gods must have been super pissed at me for mentioning I have gotten duplicates, because I had 15 wheelspins waiting for me when I got back thanks to Mixer farming, and out of the 15, 5 of them were duplicate items. This is now the 3rd or 4th time I have gotten the Leopard Bowler, and that was not even one of the ones I was recalling earlier.

If anyone has any idea how to trigger the British Racing Green Story or whatever it is called, it would be appreciated. I am actually a Level 175 and can no doubt confirm it is not an option for me and nowhere on my map.

Also I had it in my head I may go and try and get those 2 Million Skill Points before Spring ended to see if I could complete the chapters, I was at around 800k and thought maybe I could pull it off before bed with some luck and a few Skill Songs, however when I go and check my progress it says I am only at 100. That is not a type-o, it is indeed just One Hundred. I have read a few people saying theirs was also reset or missing points but damn that is a hell of a loss there. I no doubt will not be trying to complete it now. Bummer and hopefully they address this bug moving forward. Also I recall reading that perhaps enabling Horizon Life and then going back into Solo (the only mode I play, I do not fuck with being online) would kick what I have earned back in, but no luck. Still 100 / 2,000,000. If someone knows another fix please share for the next time. I will not be bothering this time around though.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Will do. It's 1:15pm here, and I'd like to try and be on before 7pm tonight. So check back in 6-ish hours :)

I've been running mixer 24x7 since FH4 launch in audio only mode on boost streams, I don't think there are any issues earning its more the fact that the number resets to zero in mixer when you run the game but the game doesn't really do a great job telling you that you earned influence.

It only seems to pop up after you leave your house and enter Horizon Live, but you have to stay "in" your house for like 1 minute to let it connect correctly to live and then you get the notification (which only appears for a few seconds) and can probably be overriden by other notifications.

I run the game every few hours on PC just to collect some forzathon points and while I haven't been tracking anything it seems to tally up the mixer influence just fine, I just don't always see it but I notice my levels slowly go up. I think I'm up to influence level 174 or something like that.

Re: skill points farming, you pretty much have to do it all in one session to avoid problems. Don't switch cars, don't exit the game. 2m is fairly easy if you deck out the VR6 with all car mastery skills, just go to the airport and run around for 5 mins getting skills, stop at 500k and bank it, rinse and repeat. It took me 2 episodes of The Good Place to farm 2m wtih no skill songs and a few crashes (the tractors and one weird barrier will reset), so about 30-45 mins. Avoid the temptation of jumping on the ramps, that always leads to tragedy.

Kevin Shields

Oct 27, 2017
It's official. Porsche 911 GT2 2018 is my favorite car in the game. Love the way it handles, the way it looks, the way it wakes me up on a beautiful spring morning. Don't judge me.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
So how do I install the update? I'm playing the game right now and I can't find the route creator. Same for the new Horizon Story.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Weird that the new story isn't appearing for people. I check my map on starting the game after the patch and it was there. It's at the western end of Broadway.

Regarding the Lancia championship: I was getting destroyed with the 037, but won it quite easily with the stock Fulvia. I guess lower-class cars are the answer here.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone has any idea how to trigger the British Racing Green Story or whatever it is called, it would be appreciated. I am actually a Level 175 and can no doubt confirm it is not an option for me and nowhere on my map.

I think someone mentioned earlier that the patch was today but that the content doesn't hit until the 25th, so you probably just have to wait until the season rotates before it shows up on the map. It is kind of funny that I have a British Racing Green level in My Horizon Life already, though.

EDIT: ...or not? I guess other people have already found it, weird. Maybe it needs to be discovered by driving past it on the map?

Spent more time playing with the route creator, and noticed a few things:

1) I don't think you can swap the direction of the start line? Kinda limits the potential routes if you can only go one direction, which is too bad, but not a dealbreaker.

2) The route the AI racers follow seems to be dependent not on the roads you drive on but specifically on the route you drive when establishing the route (which makes sense for a system that also needs to work for cross-country routes). I drove a route earlier in Edinburgh going very slowly and making the route pretty close to the actual streets, only to find that when I was racing that there were brake lines at a lot of curves that really had no business being there, and the racing line in other places didn't seem suited for the apex but more closely matched what I drove instead.

3) The route creator could really use the ability to add walls and signs. I now appreciate the fine art of checkpoint placement a lot more because they're your only method for showing the intended route. You really have to telegraph things like which direction to take at a fork in a road, or make sure checkpoints are far enough away from a hairpin that the AI doesn't completely blow past it and immediately lose three seconds or whatever from having to be teleported back onto the track.

4) I wish there was an ability to save and come back. I've had to miss out on at least one Forzathon Live because I was busy building or test driving a track. Similarly, I wish there was a way to make tweaks to a track after you've tested it. I had one dirt course that was great to drive but I messed up the placement of the finish line, so I had to throw away 20-30 minutes of work. Sucks.

All that said, route creator is a lot more fun than I expected it to be. It's the real deal!

Last edited:

Dzidza1978

Oct 30, 2017
That's a pretty good chunk of cash. How much time do you spend playing ranked team adventure? And how long did it take to get to that tier?
I am only 5/10 on qualifing for team ranked adveture. I played only forza games and driving in general on xbox or ps4 due to time limit I have (work, family, practicing guitar, rehersals with my band, gigs..).

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I don't think it's impossible but it was easily the hardest races I've played so far. I actually beat the first championship but I'm having trouble with the second one I tried.

The first race I was overtaken in the last 50m and ended up second. The next race I'm still stuck on after retrying for an hour. I almost did it on the third try but choked at the last turn and wiped out. It's times like that I wish I had rewind on.

Just remember that it's a championship, so you don't have to win every race to win overall.

And it's OK to turn rewind on, no need to torture yourself. Things out of your control can ruin the whole race sometimes, so it's only fair to rewind on the odd occasion. I also used to play with rewind turned off, but after all this time I don't have to prove anything, and I value my time and sanity way more than the miniscule credit boost.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
To those having problems with the Lancia championship, are you aiming to get 1st place in each race or are you unable to end up first over all?

I usually find that if I place top 3-4 in at least 2 races, then I only have to win one race to win the Championship. Sometimes I don't have to win any of them.

Last edited:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Just remember that it's a championship, so you don't have to win every race to win overall.

And it's OK to turn rewind on, no need to torture yourself. Things out of your control can ruin the whole race sometimes, so it's only fair to rewind on the odd occasion. I also used to play with rewind turned off, but after all this time I don't have to prove anything, and I value my time and sanity way more than the miniscule credit boost.

Up until now the game has been too easy so I never really needed rewind. A few occasions it sucks when you screw up right at the end and waste a few minutes. I just had it off out of habit from every other game because it basically is cheating. At the same time there are so many games to get through now and so little time that it's pretty silly to waste precious minutes retrying over and over.

To those having problems with the Lancia championship, are you aiming to get 1st place in each race or are you unable to end up first over all?

I usually find that if I place top 3-4 in at least 2 races, then I only have to win one race to win the Championship. Sometimes I don't have to win any of them.

Well I got second in the first race and wasn't placing above thirdvin the next one. Decent chance that's not enough to win even if you win the last one.

King Picollo

Oct 28, 2017
What Car Type are you using? I did it in a Hot Hatch and had a blast personally. The AI did seem like it got a boost in that event but still. The only part I had difficulty was the hill right before the junkyard tracks at near the end where it throws you forward then in whatever direction you were slightly leaning when launching off it.
I've done it in offroad extreme in a bowler and all the AI go in a jeep that are way faster than can be made. I also tried in offroad buggies but get thrown about like crazy. I've done rally monsters but their rs2000 outpace mine even with max acceleration.

It just shouldn't be this hard, I don't get it.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Up until now the game has been too easy so I never really needed rewind. A few occasions it sucks when you screw up right at the end and waste a few minutes. I just had it off out of habit from every other game because it basically is cheating. At the same time there are so many games to get through now and so little time that it's pretty silly to waste precious minutes retrying over and over.

Well I got second in the first race and wasn't placing above thirdvin the next one. Decent chance that's not enough to win even if you win the last one.

I just placed 4th, 4th, and 1st and ended up coming in 1st by 6 points.

I only ever get nervous if the same Drivatar wins twice. But usually they drop off pretty hard after a win it seems.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I just placed 4th, 4th, and 1st and ended up coming in 1st by 6 points.

I only ever get nervous if the same Drivatar wins twice. But usually they drop off pretty hard after a win it seems.

Might have to double check. I normally only win championships by 2-5 points and it feels like the same cars are at the front every time. I have the UI off so it's harder to tell. Maybe some more RNG?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: ...or not? I guess other people have already found it, weird. Maybe it needs to be discovered by driving past it on the map?

DirtyLarry
Not sure it helps but I had the new yellow box for brg several hours ago (Tuesday night uk time) .

I didn't drive past it or anything. I just changed the map filter to "new" to get rid of a bunch of clutter and then spotted it in Broadway.

I hadn't driven anywhere so it was just....there.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Might have to double check. I normally only win championships by 2-5 points and it feels like the same cars are at the front every time. I have the UI off so it's harder to tell. Maybe some more RNG?

I'll check later, but I assumed the starting block changes to penalize the first couple of Drivatar placements, I assumed that's why the winners never seem to threaten me. It's usually the middle of the pack Drivatars that are more consistent, who I have to be mindful of in the last race.

Maybe when the player comes in first in a race, the starting block doesn't change as much thus keeping pressure on the player to perform well.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep mixer farming is still working, not logged in for a day and gone up four levels, claimed my wheel spins....

c5zNbYB.jpg

Thank you very much

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So there is no way to see a custom route, or even know if said event even has a custom one without selecting the event and racing it?

Would be nice to get an idea if the event is worth doing before trying it.

Also, when you create a blueprint there is an option to set route, you can't see custom routes in there either, i assume you're supposed to be able to?

The way the creator works for the person creating them is great, but the UI for finding and seeing routes made by others is woefully inadequate.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
So there is no way to see a custom route, or even know if said event even has a custom one without selecting the event and racing it?

Would be nice to get an idea if the event is worth doing before trying it.

Also, when you create a blueprint there is an option to set route, you can't see custom routes in there either, i assume you're supposed to be able to?

The way the creator works for the person creating them is great, but the UI for finding and seeing routes made by others is woefully inadequate.

If you don't want to go to every start point to check whether there are custom routes, you can go to the creative hub in the pause menu and search for blueprints with custom routes from there.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
How much you bet there are guys working at Polyphony that are going home and playing this at night with the curtains drawn? Lol

I love how I can play it for just 10 minutes, or marathon 2 hours in a row and it's fun either way.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
If you don't want to go to every start point to check whether there are custom routes, you can go to the creative hub in the pause menu and search for blueprints with custom routes from there.
How can you search that?

That criteria is not listed in my search

I agree create hub sucks, why are my own routes not there?

edit… ok found my routes under my hub.. But search in Create hub is woefully inadequate

Jorav

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For once had a forzathon live event with 20 or so cars and people had a clue what they were doing. Was over in 5min.....feelsgoodman