danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you don't want to go to every start point to check whether there are custom routes, you can go to the creative hub in the pause menu and search for blueprints with custom routes from there.
How? I can't find that option.

I half expected there to be some kind of pop up / tutorial, nope, then i expected tge route creator to be in the menu, nope.

It's a bit hidden away, i can see people missing it completely.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
How? I can't find that option.

I half expected there to be some kind of pop up / tutorial, nope, then i expected tge route creator to be in the menu, nope.

It's a bit hidden away, i can see people missing it completely.
Pause the game and go to the Creative Hub tab. The big center option is Blueprints. Select that, then press either start or select (don't remember which) to search, and there should be a "type of route" parameter (not sure of the exact name) which you can set to "custom only".

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pause the game and go to the Creative Hub tab. The big center option is Blueprints. Select that, then press either start or select (don't remember which) to search, and there should be a "type of route" parameter (not sure of the exact name) which you can set to "custom only".
Thanks, does it give you a visual representation of the custom route? Or do you have to drive it to see if it's any good?

Is there anyway of seeing just routes? Or are they tied to blueprints? I.e can i setup a new blueprint using someone elses custom route?

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Thanks, does it give you a visual representation of the custom route? Or do you have to drive it to see if it's any good?

Is there anyway of seeing just routes? Or are they tied to blueprints? I.e can i setup a new blueprint using someone elses custom route?

No, unfortunately the routes are tied to the blueprints, but so far most I've seen are Anything Goes. And you can't visualize the routes beforehand, which admittedly kind of sucks.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, unfortunately the routes are tied to the blueprints, but so far most I've seen are Anything Goes. And you can't visualize the routes beforehand, which admittedly kind of sucks.
So that pretty much makes route sharing moot then, shame, would have been nice to be able to browse routes and make your own blueprint from it.

Tunned

Oct 30, 2017
Is it me or can car physics become bugged during a race? It happened to me twice driving a Senna and a Viper ACR in a long circuit race, both times on the last laps, the car just become uncontrollable, they hardly turn and skid all over the place...
I'm playing with simulation damage on, but I don't crash into anything, this is on PC and using a wireless DS4 controller with DS4Windows, although I doubt it has anything to do with it.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it me or can car physics become bugged during a race? It happened to me twice driving a Senna and a Viper ACR in a long circuit race, both times on the last laps, the car just become uncontrollable, they hardly turn and skid all over the place...
I'm playing with simulation damage on, but I don't crash into anything, this is on PC and using a wireless DS4 controller with DS4Windows, although I doubt it has anything to do with it.
So there should be tire wear if it's a long race ? I don't know if it work in this game as there's no pits to change the tires.

Check in the telemetry (might have to enable the swap Anna/Telemetry options in the controller settings or press T on PC).

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
And you can't visualize the routes beforehand, which admittedly kind of sucks.
Not seeing the route beforehand in kinda understandable, but not even seeing the route length is asinine. Like ok there are three laps but are those 5km laps, or 50km ones?

Edit:
Is it me or can car physics become bugged during a race?
I've seen some weird stuff such as cars bouncing "unrealistically" in some very specific sections of a track, but I attributed that to either long suspend and resume sessions, or just very specific combinations of cars/tracks (AI was suffering from the same issue).

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I've done it in offroad extreme in a bowler and all the AI go in a jeep that are way faster than can be made. I also tried in offroad buggies but get thrown about like crazy. I've done rally monsters but their rs2000 outpace mine even with max acceleration.

It just shouldn't be this hard, I don't get it.
Hmm. I'd figure Rally Monsters would be most doable there. Like I said, I did notice a slight increase in difficulty but not to the extent you have. Not sure what to say about it. Maybe use a lower class car tier? Sorry, man.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
LMK your result. I'm definitely getting robbed. I let it build up a little again, started the game, got nothing. Checked the stream and it had reset again. :(
Nope, I absolutely got reset by the time the patch hit. Was probably on 24hrs on Mixer by the time the patch hit, and when I logged on tonight I only had two wheelspins. Normally by now I'd have been up to 30.

Not happy.

King Picollo

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm. I'd figure Rally Monsters would be most doable there. Like I said, I did notice a slight increase in difficulty but not to the extent you have. Not sure what to say about it. Maybe use a lower class car tier? Sorry, man.
Yeah I'll figure it out, just seems odd.

The worse thing is I did it with the bowler in a blueprint and was faster then the AI. Just in the default race setting they are faster.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Ok thanks

Would like a more robust search and preview system though and agree it should have been front and center and not hidden in blueprints.

you should be able to create a route from the menu and started from any race start position on the map without having to go to the race
They said it would be this way from the beginning. There's most likely a technical reason for it.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
They said it would be this way from the beginning. There's most likely a technical reason for it.
True

Hopefully in fh5 it will be more refined

I never looked at any of the previews and just read about it and I always assumed that you would just draw your route from a map screen and not drive so I assumed it was a menu system.

when they said drive your car I thought they meant there was a little car on the map LOL

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
For once had a forzathon live event with 20 or so cars and people had a clue what they were doing. Was over in 5min.....feelsgoodman

Had a nice run on Sunday morning with two other drivers. We got to round 3 with five minutes left and realised it just wasn't going to happen so we sat on the cliff by the danger sign looking at the sunset and spamming horn sounds.

membran

Oct 27, 2017
The patch notes state:
Increased quality of grass and tree procedurals at distance when Procedural Quality setting is set to Extreme.

I couldn't find a graphic setting with that exact name yesterday. Did they refer to "dynamic geometry quality" by any chance, or am I missing something? I haven't looked at the dynamic optimization tab because I turned that functionality off.

Not seeing the route beforehand in kinda understandable, but not even seeing the route length is asinine. Like ok there are three laps but are those 5km laps, or 50km ones?

Seems like something that absolutely should be there.

I only had a quick go at the route creator yesterday and was immediately turned off by the fact the game doesn't appear to redraw the route based on checkpoint placement but instead seems to take your exact driven path - which leads to a messy looking route where the blue line on the minimap isn't covering the width of the road. It also seems to use your input data as the suggestive line instead of recalculating the line properly, so it represents the proper racing line. Now I only have played a lap into the mandatory track test race before publishing and never finished it, so it may be that all this stuff happens after testing and before publication. Does it?

Last edited:

Septic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For once had a forzathon live event with 20 or so cars and people had a clue what they were doing. Was over in 5min.....feelsgoodman

I almost always have a mad set of people doing Forzathon live events with me. They seem to get completed so fast that I usually struggle to get more than 3 attempts at a challenge anyway

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
Having some issues with this weeks Spring challenges.

Hitting 2 million for skills is one thing but I've done the sprint race in the Volkswagon about four times and won and got nothing. Is there some bug/glitch?

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
Having some issues with this weeks Spring challenges.

Hitting 2 million for skills is one thing but I've done the sprint race in the Volkswagon about four times and won and got nothing. Is there some bug/glitch?

Paxton25

May 9, 2018
Does anyone know if there is a influence board glitch ? Iv looked and looked but can't find the last 2, and iv compared my map to online ones and can't see the missing two! It's so frustrating:(

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
only had a quick go at the route creator yesterday and was immediately turned off by the fact the game doesn't appear to redraw the route based on checkpoint placement but instead seems to take your exact driven path - which leads to a messy looking route where the blue line on the minimap isn't covering the width of the road. It also seems to use your input data as the suggestive line instead of recalculating the line properly, so it represents the proper racing line. Now I only have played a lap into the mandatory track test race before publishing and never finished it, so it may be that all this stuff happens after testing and before publication. Does it?
Nah, that's how it seems to work period. It's kinda understandable that it would work that way for off-road stuff, especially cross country madness, but for road racing it's pretty lame. The "blue line" not being "clean" is hardly a deal-breaker for me, but the drivatars being drunk because of it is just plain disappointing.

Hopefully this can be improved in a patch. It would also be neat if they could add options such as browsing/searching custom routes when creating a blueprint. It feels like a missed opportunity to be forced to draw a custom route if you want to build a custom event (and don't want to stick with the super-short premade routes). Some of those custom blueprints may be based on great tracks but with e.g. car restrictions that don't fit you.

Edit: Ideally, there should be a "fit to roads" option when creating a blueprint, so that people could force "road following" if they want to.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
The game is amazing, the moment I remembered to turn HDR On on my TV felt like some next gen shit.
Also, its really addictive, I cant play a lot lately, but this game always stole 1 extra hour of sleep from me when I try to play from 11:30 PM to 00:00.

I'm terrible on anything less arcade than burnout, so I really dont know how to pass people withouth crashing them, but Im still having fun.

membran

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if there is a influence board glitch ? Iv looked and looked but can't find the last 2, and iv compared my map to online ones and can't see the missing two! It's so frustrating:(

Not that I know of.

The map I had a look at the other day was missing the one to the middle at the bottom edge of the map (in the river) and another icon was partially obscured by the playground icon at the railyard. Besides. I thought I was missing two boards in the end, too, but it turned out a very similar placement of two sets of two boards to the west of the great lake through me off while comparing image and ingame-map. Those two sets are very close to one another.

PlxlvP8.png

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Up until now the game has been too easy so I never really needed rewind. A few occasions it sucks when you screw up right at the end and waste a few minutes. I just had it off out of habit from every other game because it basically is cheating. At the same time there are so many games to get through now and so little time that it's pretty silly to waste precious minutes retrying over and over.

Right, and even if you don't need it for racing, rewind is very useful for speed traps, danger signs, and especially some of the trickier placed boars.

I've done it in offroad extreme in a bowler and all the AI go in a jeep that are way faster than can be made. I also tried in offroad buggies but get thrown about like crazy. I've done rally monsters but their rs2000 outpace mine even with max acceleration.

It just shouldn't be this hard, I don't get it.

Are you driving automatic? I don't know, I've never had a car outpace me unnaturally. In fact, most are quite easy to outpace, providing you have the same (or better) car.

No, and I'm not sure if saving replays has ever been a thing in the Horizon series. I know that I've been disappointed about that before.

Are they adding a new story every month?

Nothing specific has been announced yet, I think.

LOL glad I wasn't the only one confused by this. But yep, confirming that you have to do them in order.

What confuses me is how do you people see all the weekly challenges at once? I though that they were only revealed sequentially?

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Right, and even if you don't need it for racing, rewind is very useful for speed traps, danger signs, and especially some of the trickier placed boars.

Are you driving automatic? I don't know, I've never had a car outpace me unnaturally. In fact, most are quite easy to outpace, providing you have the same (or better) car.

No, and I'm not sure if saving replays has ever been a thing in the Horizon series. I know that I've been disappointed about that before.

Nothing specific has been announced yet, I think.

What confuses me is how do you people see all the weekly challenges at once? I though that they were only revealed sequentially?

You can highlight the tile, then use the right stick to scroll through the challenges

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
On the Titan, you also need to stick with it in case the AI crashes. I was running behind for awhile but one of the jumps sent the guy ahead of me flying.

And I'd get a car and prioritize launch and acceleration over speed. The only stretches where you push top speeds are when you're flying downhill anyway lol. You want your car to bolt out of the turns as quickly as possible.

Paxton25

May 9, 2018
Not that I know of.

The map I had a look at the other day was missing the one to the middle at the bottom edge of the map (in the river) and another icon was partially obscured by the playground icon at the railyard. Besides. I thought I was missing two boards in the end, too, but it turned out a very similar placement of two sets of two boards to the west of the great lake through me off while comparing image and ingame-map. Those two sets are very close to one another.

PlxlvP8.png
Thanks! I had missed one of the ones in the trainyard !

Tunned

Oct 30, 2017
Nope, all dry.

So there should be tire wear if it's a long race ? I don't know if it work in this game as there's no pits to change the tires.

Check in the telemetry (might have to enable the swap Anna/Telemetry options in the controller settings or press T on PC).
I'm playing with the midset that FH is simcade handling I actually forgot about tire wear, you have a point... it's still strange the tires would wear out in a 60-80km race, plus the change from drivable to undrivable is almost instant. I wish there was a hud for damage, i'll check the telemery as you said. Thanks.

Edit:
I've seen some weird stuff such as cars bouncing "unrealistically" in some very specific sections of a track, but I attributed that to either long suspend and resume sessions, or just very specific combinations of cars/tracks (AI was suffering from the same issue).
This has not happened to me so far, I've only seen AI break late into a corner and fly out into a field, which is always fun :)

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Thank you for this! I was feeling the same way about the "top tunes".
Glad y'all are getting use out of it! He seems open to requests as well in the comments if anyone is looking for anything specific

The Titan race can just die in a fire, random bumps throwing you every direction, AI on rails completely unaffected and no matter what car I choose they are always in a faster one.

I even dropped the difficulty and still can't win. The first time I call bullshit on the AI for being artificially difficult.

Any recommendations?

Not specific to this race, more in general but I definitely feel this frustration playing AI on expert. If you don't get into first ASAP or are constantly bumping 1st/2nd letting them know you're right on their tail, they'll be uncatchable a third-halfway into the race.

I've had the needle pinned on a straightaway doing 210ish in a 720s and a murcielago went by me like I was pedaling a tricycle

Last edited:

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand what people want to do when they ask to join a convoy & then proceed to just do burns randomly.

What are we suppose to do with Convoys except taking cool pictures?