• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
I bet we will either get DLC or a Sekiro 2. Without spoiling much, one of the endings heavily implies on a sequel.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just really curious what lore Martin crafted for the game. Hopefully the game still has the distinct Miyazaki feel but clearly also GRRM feel too. Just hope it's not just a marketing thing and the lore he crafted isn't inconsequential.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Excited about Elden Ring, especially if it turns out to be Elder Scrolls Souls. But I really want a new Demon's Souls or Bloodborne.

I wonder how much money Sony will need to throw at From to make it worth their while.

Great OP!

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Ah ! I knew that Miyazaki had confirmed that they're working on a new Armored Core, but I couldn't find the source when some people called bullshit on me when I said so.
Great OP. Especially great to re-read all those informations about Elden Ring. I can already imagine a From Soft version of those mounted fights in Twilight Princess. Mounted boss fights in some large, desolated plains.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Great OP!

Pretty sure Omni confirmed that a new armored core was in developement back in 2018. Curious as to why it wasnt added in the AC section but i can understand why it'd be risky to give spotlight to a statement on a game so far from release.
One interesting thing is the open world, there's no way it's going to be 100% open from the get go like BOTW
Omni already confirmed that ER isnt very similar to BOTW

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
That which commanded the stars, giving life its fullest brilliance.

The Elden Ring. Oooooh Elden Ring!

GaseousUnripeHorsechestnutleafminer-size_restricted.gif

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Nice OP.

I realize Myazaki doesn't want to fuse mecha and Souls.... but how awesome would an Escaflowne Soulslike be?

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Ah ! I knew that Miyazaki had confirmed that they're working on a new Armored Core, but I couldn't find the source when some people called bullshit on me when I said so.
Great OP. Especially great to re-read all those informations about Elden Ring. I can already imagine a From Soft version of those mounted fights in Twilight Princess. Mounted boss fights in some large, desolated plains.
Recently finished DS3 again and when you say, desolated plains I can't stop thinking about when you reach the end of Ringed City (Filianore's Rest) It's actually a pretty accurate description of what I think some parts of the open field will look like in ER (image below). Elden Ring will probably have a lot of light tones and colors as well, snowy parts etc.

DA5B3E73EA40BB29EC0A54D2DE281C7CBD44BF26

Last edited:

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Great OP!

Pretty sure Omni confirmed that a new armored core was in developement back in 2018. Curious as to why it wasnt added in the AC section but i can understand why it'd be risky to give spotlight to a statement on a game so far from release.

Omni already confirmed that ER isnt very similar to BOTW
We generally wanted to stick to "officially announced information straight from Fromsoft" for whats in the OP.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Finally no more usless bumps of old threads.
Sekiro not having any dlc announced has been weird, considering all the ways the endings can go and side-characters of legend. Either the gap will be just that long or Activision is ok to leave that alone until an actual sequel. Or it's all hands on deck on new games.

Oct 25, 2017
Why would the Miyazaki part be marketing? He's leading the development haha.

Just want the Martin part to be more than: "Wrote some things on a napkin and handed it off to From."
The official word is that he wrote the world's mythos, and based on that now established world, Miyazaki wrote the game's story, items and the usual stuff.

If we get a Dark Souls style intro cinematic, it'll likely be 100% Martin.

EDIT: The reasoning Miyazaki gave was that writing for games has far too many things to keep track of, like character limitations, and just things changing all the time, and he didn't want to hold Martin's creative writing back, so he's just writing about the world and then they'll worry about fitting that into a game.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
The official word is that he wrote the world's mythos, and based on that now established world, Miyazaki wrote the game's story, items and the usual stuff.

If we get a Dark Souls style intro cinematic, it'll likely be 100% Martin.
I know what you mean but i am now imagining G.R.R Martin doing the dark souls voice over.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder:
Still working on some more stuff myself for this thread that I hope is of note and interest to people here. Still working on doing "research" for some of it, but I've written up a lot so far on discussion topics relating to Elden Ring. Don't know when it'll be done but I am still working on it.

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
Amazing thread, thank you guys.

Well, what do those recent Namco tweets related to Dark Souls mean?!

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Still sucks that Bloodborne removed that reference.
That's still so crazy to me, they obviously got as far as the whole concept and look of the game with the connection in mind. Maybe too much baggage, also no port of DeS on PS4. I got tinfoil hats and crackpots for days on the remake but it wouldn't be productive to just dream stuff up.

I am pretty chill on getting my Elden Ring fix, next few months are crazy enough game wise to hold me till April, so no need to rush Omni while we frolick at the playground.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
It sucks that they don't want to work on a new Kings Field but it would be nice if they at least rereleased the originals with updated controls.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks that they don't want to work on a new Kings Field but it would be nice if they at least rereleased the originals with updated controls.
I'd give an arm for Armored Core getting any kind of re-release anywhere, euphoria at PC ports. But soundtrack compilations is all we got the last few years.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
The way Bandai Namco's twitter is going i'd think they are trying to sync up with the Elden Ring subbreddit and their descent or rather spontaneous combustion of madness.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
"The importance we place on the joy the player experiences through overcoming challenges will be the same as it is in our other titles."

This part puts a smile on my face.
I know, right? Give me my warm blanket lined with knives, please.

I bet we will either get DLC or a Sekiro 2. Without spoiling much, one of the endings heavily implies on a sequel.
I'd argue two endings do... (GIVE ME SHURA DLC!)

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Sekiro won't have a DLC, that should be obvious by now
On the other hand, Im pretty confident it'll have a sequel considering how they own the IP, how well the game did for them (fastest selling, first GOTY), how open ended the storyline is and how they created a lot of unique systems for this specific title that they'll want to reuse in the future.

Still sucks that Bloodborne removed that reference.
It does!
I personally consider Bloodborne to be a sequel to Demon Souls, a world were there are no souls arts, with all the knight armors in the depth of the chalice dungeons and the mentions of old gods being what remains of the old boletaria

Still working on doing "research"
<3

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Who was that 3d-modeler that worked at Fromsoftware that gave a talk and also mentioned their work structure there? I recall that the departments of different games stay separate and they don't like you to walk into projects you aren't working on. Hard to imagine with how at least some tech from Bloodborne trickled down to DS3. With the work they've done with Sekiro, could they perhaps have similiar movement options for their games going forward, like the jump button and swimming at the very least.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Reminder:
Still working on some more stuff myself for this thread that I hope is of note and interest to people here. Still working on doing "research" for some of it, but I've written up a lot so far on discussion topics relating to Elden Ring. Don't know when it'll be done but I am still working on it.
Nice. I look forward to reading this. 👁‍🗨👁‍🗨

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Please Miyazaki give us invasions in Elden Ring! None of that bell ringer crap.

FromSoft is really such a great studio. I'd love to see their take on a "warm" game, since Ico is what made Miyazaki go into games in the first place right?

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Who was that 3d-modeler that worked at Fromsoftware that gave a talk and also mentioned their work structure there? I recall that the departments of different games stay separate and they don't like you to walk into projects you aren't working on. Hard to imagine with how at least some tech from Bloodborne trickled down to DS3. With the work they've done with Sekiro, could they perhaps have similiar movement options for their games going forward, like the jump button and swimming at the very least.
Ryo Fujimaki?

Of course, like most studios they probably have people in charge of asset and tech sharing between projects. You also see a lot of the same names in concept art and audio for most of their games. Directorial and producing roles definitely change (exception Miyazaki). Hamatani co-directing Sekiro. Hirai and Yamagishi co-directing Déraciné

Taipei fall into the territory where FROM is self-publishing or is it strictly Japan?