• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My condolences to all parents in advance

Your sanity is about to get wrecked yet once again

I have 3 nieces now, this Uncle will endure ungodly calls of replay when they visit

Pray for me

Last edited:

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how I feel about the trend of no villains is that trope dead now?

There really aren't enough movies where the conflict isn't due to a villain and Frozen kinda bucked the ship by not only being a Disney movie without a villain but also being one where true love can be the bond shared by sisters.

I'd like them to continue to set themselves apart by being movies young girls want to watch and where the message they give is one of strength and independence.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
So this year alone Disney has Captain Marvel, Avengers Endgame, The Lion King, Aladdin, Frozen II, and Star Wars IX. That's a lot of cheddar cheese.

Oct 29, 2017
Kids nowadays got it good in terms of sequels. Imagine getting a sequel to Aladdin or the Lion King half a decade later and with the budget of Tarzan instead of direct to video.

Which totally makes me understand the tone. The biggest fans of their film are now in the YA age. In terms of that audience growing up is like Harry Potter going from the 1st film to the 5th

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
wow this new dlc is wild

qFWVhEg.jpg

LOL.

That's a good way to get you and your traveling companions collective asses beat, Anna.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the scenes of Elsa trying to walk on the water.

Disney is going to roll in a disgusting amount of money this year.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Why this looks like shonen anime? Elsa on training arc? Planning to son some fools?

The fuck..

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Why this looks like shonen anime? Elsa on training arc? Planning to son some fools?

The fuck..

Because apparently Tetsuya Nomura's Frozen script for Kingdom Hearts III and Disney's super safe rehash of the first movie as a sequel got swapped at some point.

I can't be the only one who really disliked the first movie and is super in for this one right? I love the new tone

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Hanging out with Sora let them a little on edge lol.
That teaser was a little bit too serious,i didn't expect that.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This was a weird teaser, with a tone I did not expect, and surprisingly I'm now looking forward to the movie.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't look or feel like Frozen at all?
It seems the userbase here is digging it due to the age demographic but I feel like this isn't for the demographic the movie mostly appealed to?
Not necessarily bad, but a weird decision for the director based on this limited trailer...

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope the songs are as good as the original, otherwise it'll be dead in the water (and still make a lot of money)... *a-hem Mary Poppins*...

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems the userbase here is digging it due to the age demographic but I feel like this isn't for the demographic the movie mostly appealed to?
Not necessarily bad, but a weird decision for the director based on this limited trailer...
The first Frozen trailer featured Olaf and Sven because Disney was concerned that showing Anna and Elsa upfront would be too "girlish" and "princessey".

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless it's a musical it's not gonna make a metric fuckload of money. It'll still make a fuckload of money but the songs are what got the kids seeing this shit 6 times in theaters. It's gonna need at least one big (commercially) song.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect that tone, but man I'm loving it. Hope the trailer is actually faithful. Unlike Brave.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
YES! All of my YES!

The tone is spot on! Man, no one is going to be able to resist this. Resistance is futile!!! This is an easy 1.2-1.6 billion dollar movie.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Excited for the film. Love disney films and the trailer was not quite I was expecting. The film looks absolutely beautiful.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also Spider-Man, Toy Story 4 and Dumbo.

Toy Story 4 will make profits but I guarantee you that it won't meet Disney's expectations. Andy grew up with millennials and Toy Story 3 was pretty much a "hoorah" to the fans. Disney is hoping to pick up a new crowd with Toy Story 4 and I don't think it's going to work out. They'll probably still make a Toy Story 5 to close off the series.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Wow, I thought this was going to be completely different. Guess they got the light fluffy stuff out of the way in the shorts.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toy Story 4 will make profits but I guarantee you that it won't meet Disney's expectations. Andy grew up with millennials and Toy Story 3 was pretty much a "hoorah" to the fans. Disney is hoping to pick up a new crowd with Toy Story 4 and I don't think it's going to work out. They'll probably still make a Toy Story 5 to close off the series.

Toy Story 3 was the first animated movie to do a billy at the box office, and that came eleven years after its predecessor. TS4 is going to slay.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The scene at night looked amazing, the rest looked flat and boring especially compared to Coco or Moana or Zootopia.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
The animation is amazing.

Gonna guess the storyline involves Elsa finding someone who also has powers

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Second highest grossing movie WW btw.

Behind the Lion King

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Unless it's a musical it's not gonna make a metric fuckload of money. It'll still make a fuckload of money but the songs are what got the kids seeing this shit 6 times in theaters. It's gonna need at least one big (commercially) song.
Cannot imagine the pressure the music team is under to deliver another "Let it Go."

That shit has a damn near hypnotic effect on kids.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Frozen was very vapid and safe. I can't imagine anybody wanting more of what that film was, especially after the three shorts that carried on that same energy.

This film looks like it is the exact story the crew of Frozen have dreamed of making, and I'm sure it's something that kids and adults alike will enjoy because it's clear this isn't going to be all grim and serious, but rather a daring adventure.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are never, ever, ever going to have a gay lead in a Disney movie. That's an immediate ban in China and a sizable chunk of the international market. Disney doesn't care about anything other than those sweet sweet greenbacks.
Cannot imagine the pressure the music team is under to deliver another "Let it Go."

That shit has a damn near hypnotic effect on kids.
Frozen broke every major theatrical record in Japan and Let It Go was the #1 sung Karaoke song for three and a half years. It's still in the top 10. It's gotta be impossible to top.