• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
If the LHC has proven anything, is that at the subatomic level, the only thing sadder than someone defending his right to be amused by memes, is someone defending his right o not be amused by them.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

Damnit

No that was supposed to be a joke, playing off how often cute animal videos descend into accusations of this is actually secretly horrible, I knew I should have gone more aggro in it.

LOL that's the whole reason it was believeable. I was thinking "That doesn't sound right, but then there was that one video that one time..."

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Sorry guys I had to look it up too:
Fun is the enjoyment of pleasure, particularly in leisure activities. Fun is an experience often unexpected, informal or purposeless. It is an enjoyable distraction, diverting the mind and body from any serious task or contributing an extra dimension to it. Although particularly associated with recreation and play, fun may be encountered during work, social functions, and even seemingly mundane activities of daily living. It may often have little to no logical basis, and opinions on whether an activity is fun may differ from person to person. A distinction between enjoyment and fun is difficult but possible to articulate, fun being a more spontaneous, playful, or active event. There are psychological and physiological implications to the experience of fun. Modern Westernized civilizations prioritize fun as an external and sexual aspect.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fun

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
8666.jpg

I see your avatar quote and raise you a Wendell.

kp_410_sex_addict_wendell.jpg

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Chief Fun Required here for a special guest appearance. It seems as if fun was needed.

The brig area, which is now a ballpit, is closed until Friday. (Time share) I brought the Nintendo Switch for everyone though.

nintendo-switch-nintendoswitch-everywhere-com-14056203.png

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The fact that this thread is of the same users shows how forced the humor is. I think Era's stance on the weird and bizzare need to be changed because the forum seems to foster a certain attitude and that attitude isn't built for joke-y fun stuff. Every thread I go in is all business. The only ones that seem to shoot the shit are more vocal communities with their inside jokes. Main page threads lack that certain charm.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
The fact that this thread is of the same users shows how forced the humor is. I think Era's stance on the weird and bizzare need to be changed because the forum seems to foster a certain attitude and that attitude isn't built for joke-y fun stuff. Every thread I go in is all business. The only ones that seem to shoot the shit are more vocal communities with their inside jokes. Main page threads lack that certain charm.
Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Figs.
Figs who?
Figs the doorbell, it's broken!
4gFi65.gif

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This thread is making a strong case for why the "I kissed a girl" a girl thread should have stayed open

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)

I originally thought I was making a innocent and goofy kissing thread. I really did. Then I saw the response, reread my thread, and realized with dread that I went too much into detail and chose a bad title. I love that you guys liked the thread but I don't wanna be seen as creepy. I'll take the L. I learned my lesson.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
Yesterdays Superbowl LIII thread was better than the fucking game.

Era will never be a fun and light-hearted place because the Banhammer is aimed at anything even remotely offensive, no matter the context. Hell, I got a warning for being "insensitive" for poking fun at M. Night Shyamalan's name.. even though half my family is Indian.