• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Lol dude goes out to get eaten by a crocodile in a swamp so nobody will ever find him. What a dick.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently in the Merry Piglets Tex Mex restaurant. We ended up here by accident, but it's pretty good.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rest easy everyone, Brian's dad is now on-site to help with the search.

www.cnn.com

Brian Laundrie was under surveillance before he disappeared, police say | CNN

Police in North Port, Florida, were surveilling Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito's fiancé, as best as they could legally before he vanished, police spokesperson Josh Taylor told CNN's Randi Kaye on Thursday.
Why would you let someone even remotely theorized in aiding with an escape assist in the search? At best he doesn't know anything, at worst he's covering tracks as he goes

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Lol that's kinda funny coincidence.

Any odd "feeling" being there? What's the environment like? I'm sure you'll over hear people talking about the case there, right?

No one is talking about it here. A few days ago a woman jumped into a hot spring after her dog and boiled herself and there's been some chatter about that. I think the media made it into a more national story and most people here are just so used to people dying around the area that it barely registers.

This is the best trip I've ever taken. Yellowstone is amazing and I keep wondering how a place like it even exists. Super dangerous though and I saw a lot of people doing very dumb things. One girl was holding onto another's hand and lowering her down a steep hill so she could get a better picture of a thousand foot drop. I didn't stick around to see if they were this weeks casualties. I think 3 people died just in the last couple weeks.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
Why would you let someone even remotely theorized in aiding with an escape assist in the search? At best he doesn't know anything, at worst he's covering tracks as he goes
For observation would be my guess. They probably want to loosen the father up, give him some rope to see if he hangs himself with any discrepancies.

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
Probably hoping he would trip up/give something away unintentionally. Or else they were watching him to see if anything he said or did might contradict something else he's told them in the past.

Frankly, I"m surprised he went.

50 years from now a wealthy business man from Paraguay will be found out to be Brian Laundrie?
I'm going back and forth on what would be the better twist ending: something like you just described, or BL showing up eventually with the real killer hogtied and dangling from a stick, and he goes, "This is what really happened, guys..."

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
No one is talking about it here. A few days ago a woman jumped into a hot spring after her dog and boiled herself and there's been some chatter about that.
What, again? You would not believe how many times this has happened. So many that there are specific warnings about not following pets into the geysers.

I can't imagine how horrible that would be. A few years ago some guy tried to take a soak, and ended up completely dissolved by acid.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No one is talking about it here. A few days ago a woman jumped into a hot spring after her dog and boiled herself and there's been some chatter about that. I think the media made it into a more national story and most people here are just so used to people dying around the area that it barely registers.

That is literally like the 4th time I've heard that exact thing happening; dog jumps into the hot springer, owner jumps in after them, both die.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, did she die or managed to get out with dog?
the dog died and the woman was in critical condition a couple days ago with burns from her feet to her shoulders
www.nbcnews.com

Woman severely burned after jumping in Yellowstone hot spring trying to save dog

The woman, 20, suffered burns from her shoulders to feet in the incident at Maiden’s Grave Spring, which has temperatures of 200 degrees.

this happens way too often, but people understandably aren't thinking rationally when they jump in after a beloved pet. I'm still haunted by the details in this story of a man who dove in headfirst after his dog:
On 20 July 1981, 24-year-old David Allen Kirwan from La Cañada, California, was driving through Yellowstone's Fountain Paint Pot thermal area with his friend Ronald Ratliff and Ratliff's dog Moosie. At about 1:00 P.M. they parked their truck to get out and take a closer look at the hot springs; Moosie escaped from the truck, ran towards nearby Celestine Pool (a thermal spring whose water temperature has been measured at over 200°), jumped in, and began yelping.

Kirwan and Ratliff rushed over to the pool to aid the terrified dog, and Kirwan's attitude indicated he was about to go into the spring after it. According to bystanders, several people tried to warn Kirwan off by yelling at him not to jump in, but he shouted "Like hell I won't!" back at them, took two steps into the pool, and then dove head-first into the boiling spring.

Kirwan swam out to the dog and attempted to take it to shore; he then disappeared underwater, let go of the dog, and tried to climb out of the pool. Ratliff helped pull Kirwan out of the hot spring (resulting in second-degree burns to his own feet), and another visitor led Kirwan to the sidewalk as he reportedly muttered, "That was stupid. How bad am I? That was a stupid thing I did."

Kirwan was indeed in very bad shape. He was blind, and when another park visitor tried to remove one of his shoes, his skin (which was already peeling everywhere) came off with it. He sustained third-degree burns to 100% of his body, including his head, and died the following morning at a Salt Lake City hospital. (Moosie did not survive, either.)

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
the dog died and the woman was in critical condition a couple days ago with burns from her feet to her shoulders
www.nbcnews.com

Woman severely burned after jumping in Yellowstone hot spring trying to save dog

The woman, 20, suffered burns from her shoulders to feet in the incident at Maiden’s Grave Spring, which has temperatures of 200 degrees.

this happens way too often, but people understandably aren't thinking rationally when they jump in after a beloved pet. I'm still haunted by the details in this story of a man who dove in headfirst after his dog:
On 20 July 1981, 24-year-old David Allen Kirwan from La Cañada, California, was driving through Yellowstone's Fountain Paint Pot thermal area with his friend Ronald Ratliff and Ratliff's dog Moosie. At about 1:00 P.M. they parked their truck to get out and take a closer look at the hot springs; Moosie escaped from the truck, ran towards nearby Celestine Pool (a thermal spring whose water temperature has been measured at over 200°), jumped in, and began yelping.

Kirwan and Ratliff rushed over to the pool to aid the terrified dog, and Kirwan's attitude indicated he was about to go into the spring after it. According to bystanders, several people tried to warn Kirwan off by yelling at him not to jump in, but he shouted "Like hell I won't!" back at them, took two steps into the pool, and then dove head-first into the boiling spring.

Kirwan swam out to the dog and attempted to take it to shore; he then disappeared underwater, let go of the dog, and tried to climb out of the pool. Ratliff helped pull Kirwan out of the hot spring (resulting in second-degree burns to his own feet), and another visitor led Kirwan to the sidewalk as he reportedly muttered, "That was stupid. How bad am I? That was a stupid thing I did."

Kirwan was indeed in very bad shape. He was blind, and when another park visitor tried to remove one of his shoes, his skin (which was already peeling everywhere) came off with it. He sustained third-degree burns to 100% of his body, including his head, and died the following morning at a Salt Lake City hospital. (Moosie did not survive, either.)

Shit makes me think of Chernobyl.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston

This is the best trip I've ever taken. Yellowstone is amazing and I keep wondering how a place like it even exists. Super dangerous though and I saw a lot of people doing very dumb things. One girl was holding onto another's hand and lowering her down a steep hill so she could get a better picture of a thousand foot drop. I didn't stick around to see if they were this weeks casualties. I think 3 people died just in the last couple weeks.
what's the weather like there now?

Once you jump in your legs near-instantly become useless. It kills the nerves and then quickly dissolves the muscle. These people usually don't even get their bodies recovered. Even the bones dissolve.
so what you're saying is that it would be really easy to dispose of a body if you're not a moron?

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
so what you're saying is that it would be really easy to dispose of a body if you're not a moron?

You'd have to dump it in the right spring. You want some acidity. But someone going to Yellowstone to get away with murder would probably take their chances on the Zone Of Death.
Getting it in the right spots without killing yourself would be a challenge, but if someone attempted that and messed up it wouldn't be much of a loss.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
what's the weather like there now?

We had crazy, near perfect weather in the park. It was cloudless blue skies and warm days the whole week. Then we went to Jackson for the last 3 days and it rained pretty much the whole time. Jackson isn't a bad place to be in the rain though. There was no snow when we landed , but now the upper range is covered in white.
I'm getting on the plane tomorrow and am sad to be leaving. I could never afford to live here though.

And yes, it would be super easy to get rid of someone here and get away with it. Brian is a really stupid dude.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And yes, it would be super easy to get rid of someone here and get away with it. Brian is a really stupid dude.

Realistically, he'd probably be fucked either way, no? He would have had to drive to Yellowstone with a corpse in the van before dumping her, so the investigators would likely have found evidence there. I don't think he could have just called the cops once her body was dissolved and act like she just went in and he couldn't save her.

Besides, I think if he regretted killing her and still had some feelings for her, he may have thought dissolving her body in a pool of acid was too cartoonishly evil, worse than just leaving her body outside. It looks like he didn't really try to hide her body, so it's possible he wanted to buy some time but still wanted her body to be recoverable.

As horrible as this guy is, I think it's likely he wasn't planning on killing her. By throwing her in a pool of acid though, he'd be just about the absolute worst human being there is on the planet. If he thought he was gonna end up in prison no matter what, it's probably easier to live with yourself if you tell yourself you "accidentally" killed your fiancée in a fit of rage or something than if you threw her in a pool of acid so nobody would find her and her family would have nothing to bury.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
There's a reason why pets aren't allowed anywhere near the hotsprings and back country and yet I saw many people ignoring the warnings. I saw so many people doing stupid stuff - like getting WAY too close to bison - I'm shocked there aren't more deaths than there are.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
www.wfla.com

Teton County Coroner to hold press conference on Gabby Petito autopsy on Tuesday

Leaders with the Federal Bureau of Investigation confirmed on Sept. 19 human remains were found near Grand Teton National Park and matched the description of the missing 22-year-old North Port woma…

The Teton county coroner is holding a press conference tomorrow afternoon on the results of gabby's autopsy. Maybe they'll release more info on the date and manner of her death.

In other news, I read that Dog the Racist twisted his ankle or something and had to stop his so far very productive and not at all self-promotional search.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Coroner confirmed it as strangulation.

From CNN:

Gabby Petito's cause of death was strangulation, and the manner of death was homicide, Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue just announced at a news conference.

Officials previously announced her death was a homicide in preliminary findings.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
If he's dead I hope a gator tore him to pieces while he was still alive, a wild boar gored him, or a snake got him and the venom coursed through his body shutting down his organs and suffocating him. We might not get the answers we were looking for or the satisfaction of putting him away, but at least he will have felt some pain and died a coward's death..

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think he has the money or even the smarts to survive in South America, unless he speaks Spanish or Portuguese. He would stick out like a sore thumb.

There's a lot of non-native/white people in those areas. One wouldn't necessarily stand out. The toughest part I would imagine would have been crossing the border without anyone knowing.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Well even more you can say 1000% for sure he did it now, not that there was any doubt before.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
IDK man, the way this fucking attorney spouts off makes me think he knows Brian Laundrie is 100% alive.