• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Loads of options:
2D Zelda
Remake / Remaster
Mobile Zelda
Sheik Spin-Off
Majora Mask-esque sequence

I am excited for any of them. Zelda has never been so popular and now is the opportunity to capitalise.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
Not a spin off please... a 2d Zelda would be greatly welcome though, assuming it's not a mainline game.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Legend of Zelda: Shrine Maker - Nintendo Switch, 2019

Mario Maker x Breath of the Wild

Like Portal 2's Perpetual Testing Initiative
Never happening for obvious reasons. Making a 2D mario level is much easier than making a zelda dungeon which has huge constraints. Then of course a mario level takes from 30s to 3-5 minutes to complete.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I got it. It's a motorbike racing game spinoff. No more Excitebike - Zelda dirt bikes now. Just like how F-Zero is getting replaced by Retro's Starfox racing game.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Seems likely given how quickly you would imagine they can develop a LBW style game for switch.

This has reminded me that sometime in like 2014/15 Miyamoto came out and was like 'Pikmin 4 is basically done' and we still haven't seen it :(

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think it makes sense.

I believe is a BOTW direct sequel and is already 1 year in full production (based off Aonuma comments).
So is not hard to see this sequel reusing the map and assets and taking 2 years to make

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Doubt he knows what hes talking about

He's in good company then ;)

My speculation is there's no way they don't want to capitalise on the critical & commercial success of BOTW.. Much like with OOT.. So an MM style asset re-use with less epic scope seems a lock to me..

GIVE US THE SPOOKY EIJI!

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2D Zelda please.

New 3D Zelda in 2020 to fuck with Sony and MS next generation.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
It's time for a MM-style freaky entry. Like the 3DS game taking after ALttP, a smaller scale insane entry is needed.

Yes! I've been saying this for a bit now. The next Zelda should absolutely take influence from Majora's Mask in some way. MM mixed with BoTW sounds like heaven. And yeah I'm totally down for a slightly smaller world than BoTW in return for more detail, side quests, better dungeons with more interesting unique themes, etc.

Jackano

Oct 27, 2017
Clickbait article.
Of course it's not the next mainline entry and of course there'll be a remake or spin-off in 2019 or early 2020.

Biggad

Jul 3, 2018
Lol this crap again. He could've just waited till the camera's were off and said 'btw got some stuff for you that I couldn't say on camera', but

yeah.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
NHGLw3Y.gif

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
I would love a 2D Zelda. Would also love an HD remaster of any of the other Zeldas beside Breath of the Wild, because I have never played them. Just don't let it be a gacha or musou game and I'll be happy.

Edit: GTFO if it's a mobile game.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
It could be 2022, instead of 2023 for mainline. I could believe that. For a smaller 2D entry, though, that could be next year.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I've long expected/hoped BotW would get a "full-size stand-alone expansion" a la Majora's Mask and Mario Galaxy 2. It's such a groundbreaking game that's engine allows for so many more possibilities that there's really no reason *not* to reuse the engine and whatever assets possible and just go fucking nuts with it.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
A port of Windwaker HD wouldn't surprise me. It's one of the good first party Wii U games still missing and it would sell well.

...especially if they could bump the frame rate to 60fps instead of the Wii U's 30fps. I'd double dip if they could do that.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Legend of Zelda: Shrine Maker - Nintendo Switch, 2019

Mario Maker x Breath of the Wild

Like Portal 2's Perpetual Testing Initiative
To create a good 2D Mario level is already hard for people.
To create a good 2D Zelda dungeon would be even harder. Maybe let's start with this before wanting to create something as complex as the BOTW shrines...

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Of course if we were to just go with the material there is the bonus ending:

Where Zelda mentions something being wrong with Vah Ruta ..

Is the clue for the sequel actually staring us right in the face?

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's in good company then ;)

My speculation is there's no way they don't want to capitalise on the critical & commercial success of BOTW.. Much like with OOT.. So an MM style asset re-use with less epic scope seems a lock to me..

GIVE US THE SPOOKY EIJI!
oh screw you lol

I might be out of the loop, but is this guy an authority on secret info? Is he just speculating or does he actually know something?
Honestly cant remember the last thing he got right. Maybe the NX leak with the screen built in the controller leaked by massive? yeah

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In for a 2D Zelda, ideally with toon link. But something like Link between worlds would be great.

Out if it's anything else.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't mind a 2D entry BUT Botw has been such a massive success, why not give people more of what they want?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
2D Zelda Continues on Mobile with a 15$/€ Premium game, successor to the Phatom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks gameplay. Over 2019 3 5€/$ content packa come out or 12$/€ season pass. 3D Zelda on Switch is a Majora's Mask style sequel, taking place in Hryule 10000 years ago when Link gets sent back in time somehow before the shrines were put in place and the Guardians were veing built.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
My hopes in order of how much I want them:

1. A third 3D Zelda game in the style of the 3DS N64 Remakes developer by Grezzo on Switch. You find where Navi is and your goal is to rescue her from some bad guy. You play as Adult Link the whole time.

2. A Majoras Mask style sequel that uses resources from BOTW as a base but then does something completely unique and weird with it.

3. A new HD 2D Zelda.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
2D Zelda Continues on Mobile with a 15$/€ Premium game, successor to the Phatom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks gameplay. Over 2019 3 5€/$ content packa come out or 12$/€ season pass. 3D Zelda on Switch is a Majora's Mask style sequel, taking place in Hryule 10000 years ago when Link gets sent back in time somehow before the shrines were put in place and the Guardians were veing built.

Given how explicit they were that Mario run didn't meet expectations combined with FE heroes making vast sums of money, I doubt there's any chance mobile Zelda is a paid title.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Even if it's not the magnitude of production of Breath of the Wild, I still want another Zelda game really bad.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Too soon for a mainline.

What I want is a Zelda Maker; what we'll get is mobile Zelda - a match 3 game with rupees.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I can never have too much Zelda, give me anything Zelda and I'll kill my wallet if I have to.

I'm in the minority, but I would love a Triforce Heroes sequel. I thought the first one was great for a budget title, though it had many faults and didn't have much replay value.

And a Zelda game with reused assets would be great. I hope they can get 2 teams working on a main line Zelda title. One that comes pretty soon (within 2 years) and a big, completely new one at the end of the Switch's life.