Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
1) wrapped up the story in Laika. 100% the map, Missing a few achievements that require grind (kill so many more enemies, drive so many more kilometers, etc)
2) Finished the story in American Arcadia
3) Finished Bramble: the Mountain King. Missing a few statue figurine achievements
4) Finished "Erra: Exordium"
5) Beat Tails of iron. Missing one achievement for beating a boss on extra hard difficulty.
6) finished "9 Years of Shadow" 100% completion.9
7) finished "Jusant". Missed a bunch of collectibles, will probably replay those levels to finish it.
8) Finished "The Cub". Also missing a few collectibles, but don't feel like running through it again.

End of January update:
9) played through student project Agryos: Recovering Eden
10) finished "Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries"

End of April/Early May update:
11) Played Chapters 1-5 of Heroes Chronicles. The quality drops off after 4, with less enemy races, smaller maps, and only 5 scenarios per campaign as opposed to 8 each in the first 4. The story is also... not great.
12) One of the student devs patched a progress-breaking bug in "Andara: Rise for Rebellion" so I was able to finish it.
13) Beat Biuomorph. 100% Great game.
14) Finished Ereban: Shadow Legacy. 100% of stuff collected, did the endings and got S ranks, Ghost and Merciful medals on all levels. Need to replay the game in a different save slot for a dark powers/kill everyone run.
15) Beat Moonlight Pulse with a super-good ending (no-one died) and 100% of the map and turtle health. Missing a couple of achievements, but one of them is a speedrun, and I don't care about that.
16) Beat Aztech: Forgotten Gods. Also 100%, except for the speed run
17) Finished Crown of Wu, by beating the final boss. Missing a bunch of collectibles, might do another run just to get more lore
18) Beat Edge of Twilight: Return to Glory. Miffed that it's only chapter 1 of a project that will probably never be completed, but honestly, what's here isn't bad. Not earth-shattering, but not bad.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
theres-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-many-years.gif

Last I heard is that Grin filed for bankruptcy in 2015 after the game came out. What did you think of it?

OP
OP
PJTierney

PJTierney

Social Media Manager • EA SPORTS WRC
Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK

Lilification

Mar 28, 2024
Aside from my Trails into Reverie replay. I've only been working on plat'ing every resident evil, so far I've got done

RE0
RE1
RE2R
RE3R
RE4R
RE Village

SpiritDusk

May 5, 2024
I beat The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom in March, and in the last few days played through and completed Link's Awakening. :)

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Realized I hadn't kept up with my list and don't want to forget what I've played lol. Just a few more to add though.

8. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Beat it at like 130 hours, kept playing for like 30 more. What a fucking game, absolutely definitive RPG experience like they translated the ambitions of the early genre work to the modern standards of videogames, and literally nobody has ever done it before like this. The only other RPG franchise that gives me this kind of experience is Xenoblade but the crazy size and extent of the content combined with higher production values just makes it so special.

9. Castlevania
Thank God for save states 👀 Super difficult game. I bought two of the Castlevania collections and hope to spend time with them in the future, having only played some of the handheld ones. Kind of hopped around a bunch of them before committing to beating the first one, but I doubt I have the patience to bother with beating 2.

10. SaGa Emerald Beyond
Just fantastic. I've beat 4 runs of it so far, and can see myself doing a number more besides the 5th I've started. I like SaGa games a lot, but somewhat casually because I've never beat more than 1 protagonist in any of them until now. This is the first one since Frontier where those different protagonists actually feel like completely unique scenarios, so each one is super worth playing. The battle system is incredible and possibly en route to being my favorite turn based system ever. The choices and permutations in the worlds and progression is cool as fuck. The stories have more character writing than ever but have chosen to make it full of personality rather than granular narrative detail, which is perfect for the kind of series SaGa is. My biggest problem all year is going to be deciding whether FFVII or this are my GOTY.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
theres-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-many-years.gif

Last I heard is that Grin filed for bankruptcy in 2015 after the game came out. What did you think of it?
The setting was pretty nice, a fairytale clockworkpunk dystopia. The boss fights were decent. The platforming/exploration wasn't all that great, and the constant enemy respawn was pretty annoying and just padded the game's length, imo.

The biggest downside was really the sequel hook, more than anything.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The setting was pretty nice, a fairytale clockworkpunk dystopia. The boss fights were decent. The platforming/exploration wasn't all that great, and the constant enemy respawn was pretty annoying and just padded the game's length, imo.

The biggest downside was really the sequel hook, more than anything.
Thanks for sharing!

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Two more for me:

Persona 3 Reload

I'd played FES back in 2018, and to be honest this felt extremely close to that experience. It even looks exactly as I'd remembered, however looking up how FES actually looked showed it was quite the leap. The spirt of the original is captured really well though, and I liked the tweaks and additions that were added. You can really tell the devs learnt a lot from 3 (and then 4) when looking at 5 (the most recent game).

There was scope here to really expand the game and add a lot more to it, whereas ultimately we have a very close, almost 1 to 1 remake, so in a way it's almost a missed opportunity. That said, it's still a classic and this is probably the best version of Persona 3, and the ending still hits like a sledgehammer. Great game.

Cave Story

I can't believe this is a 20 year old indie game. Even the idea of playing a two decade old indie game seems wrong for some reason. I'd managed to never play this before, so felt like now was a good time. I went in blind so missed getting the best ending, however I loved what I did play. The game looks, sounds and plays so well, and the level design is great. The story is intriguing and moving in equal parts, and the bosses are fantastic. The final section was brutal though.

RavenH2

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
And now, for something completely different...

11- Star Wars: Squadrons: This was a game totally outside of my comfort zone. I don't play racing/flying/fighting games. I suck at them, and more generally than not, I can't keep up with all the fast paced action going on, and the micro soft responses needed for a steering wheel, a flight stick, or battle combos/moves. But it's Star Wars dammit, I will most likely enjoy it, and I did. I played in fighter pilot difficulty and the game kicked my ass very often, but every time it didn't I felt like a real space pilot. The flight controls and the mechanics are simple yet very well built, robust and deep. Diverting power to systems is a must learn besides being decent at piloting and manouvering, which adds it's very star warsy flavour to the game. I finished the single player story, and never touched the multiplayer. It's nothing to write about, but the characters keep engaged enough. Some of the missions and vistas are very creative and impresive, and it avoids the common star wars pitfall of 'hey it's that known character/planet that the whole universe seems to know/revolt around'. I'm glad I played it, but I'll be returning to my gaming confort zone for a while.

xenosys83

Mar 19, 2024
Yakuza Infinite Wealth (8.5/10)

Seriously good game. I played Y7 and loved it. The story for this one didn't quite grab me like Y7 did which is why I gave it an 8.5 instead of a 9, but the combat system's been improved upon, the setting was a really nice change up, and it had all the goofy-ness, cheesy-ness and charm of Y7.

Stellar Blade (8/10)

Excellent combat, a nice UI and diversified progression system. OST is excellent. Fell down with with story and characters, which were both bland, generic and forgettable, and some of the dialogue delivery was downright terrible.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (9.5/10)

My personal GOTY so far this year. If they could have sorted out their performance mode, some minor texture pop-in and lighting issues, and made the last hour of the story a little less meta and convoluted, this would have been an easy 10/10. The rest was just sublime. Exploration was fantastic, most of the side-quests were great, most of the mini-games were worthwhile, the OST is a GOAT contender. The character development is special for a single player RPG in 2024, and I still stand by my statement that the 7Remake series has the best developed ensemble cast in gaming right now.

Dragon's Dogma 2 (7.5/10)

If they'd somehow managed to take how special the first 10-20 hours of this experience felt and replicated it throughout the remainder of the entire game, it would have been a solid 9/10. The combat systems felt rewarding and crunchy, the world felt like it had a lot of depth and magic to it, and killing the enemies didn't feel challenging and rewarding. However, the lack of enemy variety as you progressed through the game became frustrating, a lot of the world felt quite samey and the story and characters were largely bland and forgettable throughout.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
By system:
3DS - 3
DS - 5
GBA - 1
PS5 - 3

1. Pokemon X [3DS] - 15.5 hours - 5.5/10
  2. Elite Beat Agents [(DS game on) 3DS] - 2 hours - 8.5/10
  3. The Sims: Bustin Out [(GBA game on) 3DS] - 9 hours - 9/10
  4. The Urbz: Sims in the City [(DS game on) 3DS] - 12 hours - 11/10
  5. The Sims 2 [(DS game on) 3DS] - 9 hours - 8/10
  6. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity [3DS] - 12 hours - 7/10
  7. Rhythm Heaven [(DS game on) 3DS] - 5 hours - 8/10
  8. Pokemon Conquest [(DS game on) 3DS] - 11 hours - 10/10
  9. Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations [3DS] - 12 hours - 10/10
  10. Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth + Big Swell [PS5] - 145 hours - GOAT
  11. Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth (Legend difficulty) - 55 hours
  12. Persona 3: Reload [PS5] - 80 hours - 11/10
    Just amazing. Absolutely loved it from start to finish. The main squad is really well written and the story is enjoyable too. Koromaru is the best animal companion too - I wanted a proper social link with him though.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Unicorn Overlord - Best game this year for me
Rebirth - loved it but got burned out
Animal Well - Brilliant game
P3 Remake - By the end, I was done with it.
Prince of Persia - surprised by how good this was.
Minishoot - Another Indie banger.

I won't have much time going forward though. Gaming won't be the same for a couple years but I'll game through you all.

Last edited:

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Not really many games so far in 2024.
1) While I didn't start it in 2024, I finished Final Fantasy V pixel remaster on the 6th of January
2) Final Fantasy VI pixel remaster
3) Crisis Core Reunion
4) Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (2nd playthrough of the main game, first time through Intermission)
5) Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
6) God of War: Ragnarok - Valhalla

Currently replaying Elden Ring NG in preparation for Shadow of the Erdtree. I've also done a few ALttP Rando runs.

liquiddragon

Jun 20, 2020
  1. Horizon Zero Turbo (8/10)
  2. Alan Wake II (9/10)
  3. Kingdom Hearts III (8/10)
  4. Kingdom Hearts III ReMind (6/10)
  5. Forspoken (8/10)
  6. Hellblade (6/10)
  7. Venba (8/10)
  8. Cruis'n Blast (6/10)
  9. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (9/10)
  10. Forspoken In Tanta We Trust (7/10)
  11. Cocoon (9/10)
  12. Call of Duty 2 (7/10)
cheating a bit with the 2 dlcs but rebirth took me 140hrs so still fewer than i would have finished if I hadn't played that monster.

OP
OP
PJTierney

PJTierney

Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
Here's my completions and progress so far in 2024.

• Wanted something short after completing Jedi Survivor
  • This is on Game Pass but leaves on Wednesday
  • Game itself is alright, seems like a standard point and click
  • Pixel art is rather well done
  • Story leaves a lot of questions unanswered, like why is the orb important, why is Catherine connected to the orb, what was with all the crazy stuff going on inside the rocket, how did the big bird get stuck in the lake etc.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Only Avatar Frontiers of Pandora 9/10. Over 100 hours played.

In chapter 12 in FF7 Rebirth which is heading to be a comfy 10/10. Also over 100 hours played already.

Finished RE4 Remake Professional on NG+ and Separate Ways. Game was, is and will be forever a 10/10.

I'm replaying some games, Stellar Blade (excellent game after 25 hours) and fighting games are always big in my playlist.

Man, this thread reminded me that half of 2024 is done. Time flies.

Last edited:

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Minishoot' Adventures
This is just comfort food from start to finish. It's full of so much positive reinforcement. From the sound effects to particle fx and rewards every 10 minutes. The level design and exploration are fantastic. There are so many fun nooks and crannies. It's enjoyable to get all the collectibles and they feed into the power-ups and simple but effective skill levelling. Very accessible too, so dont let the bullet hell aspect deter you.

Alan Wake 2
Amazing sequel and love how more psychological, surreal, and mind-blowing this is. Saga's story really hit me hard as a parent losing her mind, especially the last hour or so. The collectibles and combat are also fantastic. Can't wait to start new game plus.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Far Cry 6

I do like the Far Cry games, but found 5 to have one of the worst stories I've ever played in a game. It also has the least interesting setting in the series (to me, anyway) so considering the tepid reaction to 6, I wasn't expecting much.

So it was actually a nice surprise to find that 6 is actually better than 5 in every way. You actually play as a voiced character again this time around, and the game also has a lot of cutscenes that move away from first person.

The story is goofy, and a lot of the characters are more annoying than endearing, but overall it comes together nicely. The map is huge and you could argue it lacks variety, but it's fun enough to traverse and there are so many bases and checkpoints and anti aircraft guns to take down, you're always close to something fun.

It's very much a junk food game, and as the 7th (!) Far Cry since Far Cry 3 launched, the formula does really need a hard reboot, but all in all, 6 is a fun but very much predictable ride.

OP
OP
PJTierney

PJTierney

Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
Here's my completions and progress so far in 2024.

• Done in a single session.
  • Story's alright for what it is, pretty slow paced game too.
  • Voice acting was rather good.

WizdogC

Oct 27, 2017
As of right now:

Hogwarts Legacy
Like A Dragon Ishin
FF7 Rebirth
Hades 2 Early Access (I've beaten the current final bosses about 6-7 times each and unlocked nearly all of the permanent upgrades that are available so until the next major update I'll consider it "beaten")

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I beat Unicorn Overlord a while back. Although I thoroughly enjoyed every moment I played that game, because of the lackluster story and characters, it hasn't stuck in my mind much. Still a great game, but I wouldn't call it an all-time favorite.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I've been streaming a lot more playing older games, I find it helps me stay focused and stick through a game, rather than pick up/put down with interruptions and pauses. YMMV of course I know this doesn't apply to everyone. It also lets me talk out loud and explain my thoughts while playing :p

All I've finished in 2024 so far

----

Gamecube:

Freedom Fighters

Xbox:

Splinter Cell (via BC)
Splinter Cell - Pandora Tomorrow (via BC)
Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory (via BC)
Blinx The Timesweeper (via BC)

Xbox One:

Hotel Translyvania 3: Monsters Overboard
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth
Remnant 2
Alone in the Dark
Dead Island 2

PS1:

Dr. Slump (translation)
Iblard: Laputa no Kaeru Machi (translation)

PS2:

Wild ARMs 3 (via PS5)

PS3:

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Sly 4: Thieves in Time
Puppeteer
Tokyo Jungle
Siren: Blood Curse

PS5:

Silent Hill: The Short Message
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

Nintendo DS:

Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled

PC:

My Friendly Neighborhood
Ad Infinitum
Bendy and the Ink Machine
Bendy and the Dark Revival

Since last post (roughly a month?)

Xbox:

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee (via BC)
Conker: Live & Reloaded (via BC)
Advent Rising (via BC)
Black (via BC)
Red Faction 2 (via BC)
Dead to Rights (via BC)
Ninja Gaiden Black (via BC)

PS2:

Siren (via PS5)

PS3:

Time & Eternity

PC:

Gylt

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
1) wrapped up the story in Laika. 100% the map, Missing a few achievements that require grind (kill so many more enemies, drive so many more kilometers, etc)
2) Finished the story in American Arcadia
3) Finished Bramble: the Mountain King. Missing a few statue figurine achievements
4) Finished "Erra: Exordium"
5) Beat Tails of iron. Missing one achievement for beating a boss on extra hard difficulty.
6) finished "9 Years of Shadow" 100% completion.9
7) finished "Jusant". Missed a bunch of collectibles, will probably replay those levels to finish it.
8) Finished "The Cub". Also missing a few collectibles, but don't feel like running through it again.

End of January update:
9) played through student project Agryos: Recovering Eden

End of April/Early May update:
11) Played Chapters 1-5 of Heroes Chronicles. The quality drops off after 4, with less enemy races, smaller maps, and only 5 scenarios per campaign as opposed to 8 each in the first 4. The story is also... not great.
12) One of the student devs patched a progress-breaking bug in "Andara: Rise for Rebellion" so I was able to finish it.
13) Beat Biuomorph. 100% Great game.
14) Finished Ereban: Shadow Legacy. 100% of stuff collected, did the endings and got S ranks, Ghost and Merciful medals on all levels. Need to replay the game in a different save slot for a dark powers/kill everyone run.
15) Beat Moonlight Pulse with a super-good ending (no-one died) and 100% of the map and turtle health. Missing a couple of achievements, but one of them is a speedrun, and I don't care about that.
16) Beat Aztech: Forgotten Gods. Also 100%, except for the speed run
17) Finished Crown of Wu, by beating the final boss. Missing a bunch of collectibles, might do another run just to get more lore
18) Beat Edge of Twilight: Return to Glory. Miffed that it's only chapter 1 of a project that will probably never be completed, but honestly, what's here isn't bad. Not earth-shattering, but not bad.

Post May-long-weekend-Update:
19) Beat "Nine Nights", a pretty decent Prince of Persia-like
20) Finished "Third Eye", a pretty basic hack'n'slash based on Indian mythos. May need to replay some levels to grind out some more achievements, but the enemy variety is so dull I'm not really feeling it.
21) Finished "Deliver us the Moon" on GOG, got all 100% of collectibles, but missing some more esoteric achievements
22) Finished "Deliver us Mars", 100% completion.

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
so far

1. Kao the Kangaroo (2022)
A deeply, deeply mediocre platformer that started out fine enough but I was so ready for it to be over by the halfway point of the single digit hour campaign.
edit: okay so turns kut I beat this right at the end of last year but I'll keep this here anyway because a true blue 5/10 is such a rare and beautiful thing
2. Tekken 8 Story Mode
I don't remember anything that happened apart from Jin and Kazuya firing beams at each other.
3. Hi-Fi Rush
Actual masterpiece. Microsoft will be dealt with for wasting a team as creative and talented as Tango. Retroactive GOTY 2023 tbh and I only wish I'd been able to play it sooner.
4. Persona 3 Reload
Considering how long it's been since I first played Persona 3 on PS2 it's kinda wild how little my opinion of it has changed. I'm slightly mixed on Reload, the difficulty balancing is in absolute shambles for one, but they made one of the most gutwrenching RPGs even more emotionally heightened and that's worth its weight in fish.
5. House Flipper 2 campaign
s'okay. I don't know if I like it as much as the first game. It's an upgrade in some parts but more of a sidegrade in others. Still a thumbs up overall.
6. Stellar Blade, three times
This harkens back to early to mid 00s action game design in all the right ways. The Souls and Nier influences are very apparent but it's also kinda God of War slash Tomb Raider Legend slash Ratchet & Clank slash Devil May Cry.

uhh my backlog is something so we'll see what happens next yes yes x

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Children of the Sun
Absolutely nails the grindhouse aesthetic and story even if the storytelling is very fast paced with blink-and-miss glimpses of flashbacks to understand Girl's motivation to kill a cult leader. The story ending has a nice dark twist, and in general was reminiscent of Midsommar at times. The sniper puzzle shooting is very satisfying when you figure out the solution, and has great audiovisual feedback. It's very accessible too, just needing the mouse as you move from left to right on a plane to deliver the killing shot that will dart from target to target, and you can leverage blowing up the gas caps on cars or birds in the sky to get better positions. The progression in enemy types pairs well with the abilities you develop like slow-mo, redirecting your bullet, and kaleidoscopic weak spots on enemies. A nice feature is once you've tagged the enemies, their positions stay even if you fail, which means you're not wasting time and can focus on optimising the route for your bullet. Overall, there's a certain dark and vengeful mood this hits along with the killer girl grindhouse aesthetic that makes for an engaging sniper puzzle shooter that doesn't lose steam by the end.

Mullet Madjack
Manages to scratch that same itch of an ultra fast paced FPS roguelite with a visual assault on the senses that I loved in Post Void. Despite the maximalist super saturated colours, it is quite readable to make out the enemies and items (to the point where you don't need the enemy or item scanner upgrades), and there are even melee executions like Doom to increase your life. The story is pretty old-school and kind of sexist in using a big-boobed "virgin" damsel in distress as plot motivation for a stoic, 80s style badass hero but she becomes an actual character by the end. However, I did lile the epilogue and plot continuation to the endless mode and your PEACE CORP handler has good voice acting. The upgrades are a lot of fun in that you're looking forward to beating the levels to keep building up your powerups and modifiers to glean more seconds of life and stronger weapons, even if a shotgun, SMG, or katanas can be enough from start to finish. The levels can get very repetitive in their layouts to the point where you can notice the same five variations of the levels and enemy positions, but when you're in a flow state of speeding past the level (because you only have ten seconds to live in a very Crank-like premise), you don't mind just bopping robots in your quest to kill robobillionaires. The cyberpunk commentary is nothing new but the motivation to get a new set of sneakers is very satirical of 80s and 90s toy crazes, and the humour keeps up until the end. Even some of the bosses are gilarious like a turn-based battle or playing rock-paper-scissors with your tamagotchi. The bosses are much easier than expected and the hardest bits are actually the laser obstacles, but the game definitely gets easier as you progress, gaining permanent upgrades such as being able to keep your latest weapon or any upgrade into the next run. I do want to play more of the endless mode and upgrade all the weapons, but also katana-only runs are completely viable much like Superhot. I played on Normal and will go for the harder difficulties for replayability. It's easy to recommend if you're into anime, arcade FPSs, and some of the other games mentioned here.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I don't have enough free time to play games however, three months after I had first started it, I finally completed Final Fantasy VII Rebirth earlier in the week!

Also got through the slog that was Hellblade II a couple of nights ago…

1. Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley — 8
  2. Botany Manor — 7
  3. Cricket Through the Ages — 6
  4. Hellblade II — 5
  5. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth — 9

Only played five games so far this year, and outside of one ho-hum experience, they have all been worth playing in their own respective ways.

Next up, make a start on Animal Well and wait for Shadow of the Erdtree in June … 😊

I just beat Bowser's Fury.
Loved the game and no idea why took me so long to play it.

mZXYfdL.jpeg

Such a sweet ending, and Bowser's Fury is my favourite game on the Switch!

Are you Portuguese by any chance? My partner is, and I can pick up on some of the language … 🇵🇹

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
With the update to Fallout 4, I finally, some 9 years or so after dropping it, finished it, saw all 'endings', did all the DLC, got all the Trophies. I'm still kinda ambivalent about it really. It's an okay game. You can shoot and loot and well shoot and loot to your hearts content. I enjoyed the DLC's more than the main story. Setting up Raiders in the Commonwealth is a bit fiddly, why for instance - we are raiders, we have slaves, why for the love of all that is holy can't we assign slaves to food production in settlements? No no, you have to coerce or beat down surrounding settlements to send you supplies, but how much? what supplies? It's all a bit fuzzy. You can put 200 mutfruits in their workshop and they still say they are hungry. I spent more time ferrying food around trying to get them to shut up than anything else. Anyway, other than one really grindy trophy, redeem 100,000 nuka tickets can suck my fatman, I had a good time faffing about and seeing the endings. Don't love any of them, now I am testing out mods on console, just leaving the main factions to twiddle their thumbs, Preston et al, are still in the courthouse and every time I pick up a fusion core the game says, hey put it in the power armour....yeah maybe game, maybe.

ridicium

Dec 7, 2023
  1. Monster hunter world.
    only had teostra and xeno'jiva left after I stopped playing 2-3 years back.
    (Have started iceborne but the game crashed on the first fight and I had to watch World's ending cutscene/credits again, did not feel lik waiting the ~40 minutes it took a second tim. Will co-op iceborne with my brother sometime when I get the time to get through the cutscenes)
  2. Yakuza 0.
    Also stopped playing about a year back, wrapped up the final few chapters and started kiwami right away
    (Have since stopped playing kiwami again, i'll pick it up again someday)
Hoping to add P5R to the list at some point, in the 5th palace right now and cruising along, seems like it will be doable.

Jan 16, 2019
From Jan to end of April, manage to finish the main Yakuza game:
1. Yakuza Kiwami 2 - the last few chapters of the game, pick it up after a long holiday off last year.
Sudden change in the game engine definitely catch me off guard,

2. Yakuza 3
I think a lot of people rank this game as the lowest in the main series, but I like the kids, totally don't mind spending time resolved their problem, I like Mine, his character could be expanded a little more, maybe when Kiwami 3 is out?

3. Yakuza 4
The introduction of every character at the beginning of each part is very cool, really show the step-up in camera work of the series, don't like the twist with the rubber bullet, and can't believe they off screened Yasuko and Saejima meeting each other, it could have work so much for Yasuko's character. Apart from those, don't remember much about the story.

4. Yakuza 5
I love Kiryu and Haruka's part a lot in this one, perfectly setup for the next game too, I heard some people dislike Haruka's minigame but I don't care, the song is cool, the minigame is easy enough for even a person with bad rhythm like me can do it. But a little too convoluted for its own good with the antagonist's plan.

5. Yakuza 6
Perfect end for Kiryu (for now), loving has him going around with a baby in a small town like this, it's giving me a cozy vibes, wish there were a little more side content involved Haruto. Love the guys at Hirose family.

6. Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Perfectly introduction of a new main character - Ichiban, love him and the party, one of the best antagonist if not the best in the series. I'm a big fan of turn-based RPG, so the change is a big plus for me, but kinda missing the "fight introduction" with all the bosses. Kinda grinding when trying to fill the Sujimon dex (tried to look for 1 of specific one...), love the business minigame, easy enough and not grinding like the one in Yakuza 0.

7. Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name
Not much to say since it's shorter but the ending man... I cried so hard, I played through the whole series (saw some people advice to keep the between when first into this), so seeing those kids growing up and be so much responsible feel so much to me...

8. Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth
Some more good additional to the party, love they splitting the party to 2 team now, have more chance for each character to shine, loving all of these dumbasses. Didn't like the choice for the VA (Japanese) of one of the character... I understand they want their Japanese VA and when they speak English to match, but like, it took me out when they speak English... dude is clearly a white man living in Hawaii but somehow speak better Japanese than English.

Probably the most games I finished in the span of 4 months ever.
Take almost a whole May off, tried to start a few different games from Persona 5 Royal, Monster Hunter World but probably going to stick to the "open world" Assassin's Creed Odyssey for now.

Last edited:

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
After over 2 decades, if not 3, I finally finished Zombies Ate My Neighbors on SNES. I rented and played the game many many times over the years but never quite beat it, usually peaking around LV36 or LV48 but yesterday, I managed to beat LV1 to 48 + secret levels in one sitting, a big undertaking by itself ontop of finishing the game for the first time ever.

Long been due to close this chapter of my childhood lmao.

Last edited:

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
So far I got:
  • Chained Echoes
  • Prince of Persia The Lost Crown
  • Tekken 8
  • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  • Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth
  • Hellblade 2

zefrof

Jan 17, 2023
I'm trying to beat 12 games this year. So far I've done Guardians of the Galaxy and Slay the Spire.

About a month behind schedule, but made it through BOTW and Warhammer 40k Space Marine. Thinking Resident Evil 4 Remake or For the King is next. Also want to get mods setup for OG FF7, so it's ready to go once I get to it.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I beat and got the Platinum Trophy for Dragons Dogma II last week. I never played the first game for more than 2 hours, but II might be one of my favorite action RPGs of all time. I think it has amazing combat and exploration, though admittedly the characters and story are a bit weak. Still, the core gameplay loops remained engrossing to me through the entire process of playing, and I have continued to play in NG+ since beating it.

Just flatout one of those games that I went into with pretty modest expectations and came away with something I think I'm going to remember for a long time.