• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Goron3

Alt account
Banned
Nov 24, 2020
Depending on what time you got in you could be up 300%
Yup, he's 300% up. If share prices hit $750, he's a millionaire. Of course, it could all crumble so...

I got in a £84 a share. I didn't start taking a proper interest until the price was already high. I've mentally put myself in a position where I'll sell the moment the price hits 600 or more.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I got $200 of NAKD before after hours at $1.36. Does this after-hours surge actually effect anything or is it just an indicator of where it could possibly go tomorrow?

Oct 27, 2017
i bought 13 shares at 90.... set a sell limit order for 370, hit after closing and I cashed out. So initially invested 1.2k and walked away with just over 5k. No regrets.

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
I've never bought stocks before. Should I buy in to this?
If you don't know what you are doing, I would stay away. This is going to get very volatile. There is still a lot of potential upside, but when it crashes, it will crash fast and hard. Average retail users won't be able to cash out fast enough when that happens.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I've never bought stocks before. Should I buy in to this?

A week (or even a few days ago, and maybe even yesterday) ago? Yes (with some caveats)

Now? Not unless you wanna risk throwing away some fun money - you could still make a profit, but nowhere near the 1000+ % that the early buyers got.

There's also a possibility of a crash come friday/next monday.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Usually stocks tank a bit after hours. Action seems to happen moments before the market opens the next day. Around 8 am.

Yesterday had Elon tweets and a bunch of other people sitting up and taking notes, so after-hours trading was through the roof - today is much more sedate, relatively speaking, which would explain a slight decline.

*Also, the hedge funds with shorts are trying to drive the price down in order to cover with less losses.

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
Yesterday had Elon tweets and a bunch of other people sitting up and taking notes, so after-hours trading was through the roof - today is much more sedate, relatively speaking, which would explain a slight decline.

*Also, the hedge funds with shorts are trying to drive the price down in order to cover with less losses.
I don't expect explosions the next day like today. I think AMC could definitely boost, but never to GME levels.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
It's going to take days for my investment app to transfer money from my account, so this GME saga is not only too rich for my blood, this saga is probably going to be over by the time I even could invest in it. OR MAYBE IT WON'T?! This shit is insane and volatile.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Discord banned their server (they were spewing a lot of shit in there), they need to get back up before market opens and moderate, they were trying with stuff getting deleted almost instantly but it was just too much.

As for the sub, idk what's going on. It's bullshit if SEC is getting involved

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Hedge funds still haven't bought the shares they have to buy iirc, that would happen this friday. They trying to bring the price down, if in friday the price is high, it could skyrocket to uranus, it's millions of shares they'd have to buy at whatever the price it is.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, some combination of SEC, bot spamming other stocks, and/or not wanting to be held liable if/when the selloff occurs is my guess on the WSB going private (again).

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The Reddit tech team were in touch with the mods at WSB during the day since the activity has been so high so I assume it's maybe technical related and not because Reddit decided to moderate it, like Discord seemingly did since they tend to apply their ToS more.

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
I don't buy language reasons either. It's been meme 4chan level for a long time. Why I lurked but never posted there.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Would someone mind inviting me to the WSB subreddit now that it's invite only? I never bothered to subscribe.

Reddit username:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hedge funds still haven't bought the shares they have to buy iirc, that would happen this friday. They trying to bring the price down, if in friday the price is high, it could skyrocket to uranus, it's millions of shares they'd have to buy at whatever the price it is.

Here's hoping it gets that high. Big fan of this unintentional Occupy Wall Street sequel.

Jun 23, 2019

lol WSB alone paid for almost 150 years of server time for Reddit. Nothing that has been said in that forum is worth investigation. More than likely the mods got tired of dealing with the bots running in trying to get people off of their positions in GME and shut it down. As for Discord, that's not why they shut them down. The fat cats on Wall Street are trying to fight back by hitting WSB where it hurts.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Hedgefunds and investors this week

Screen_Shot_2020-09-03_at_1.37.58_PM.jpg

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
You guys would laugh at how little I actually invested overall because I was a noob several months ago and am stingy AF with money.