• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
well I just learned the hard way that stop loss trades do not work after hours so the amc I bought and tried to be wise about selling if it went too low, can actually go infinitely low after hours and you're simply fucked

but I also just learned that apparently limit orders do work, which I almost did, but figured why would I do that instead of a stop loss? now i know
didn't buy that much amc, so it doesn't sting that much, but gonna hold onto it anyway and see how it does tomorrow. this whole news has been a wild ride but at least I learned some stuff! haha!

ConanEdogawa

Oct 31, 2017
This is a coordinated attack to drop the price in extended hours where volume is really low. Tomorrow is going to be wild when it bounces back.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
Welp, I made $12k and got out at 380~ earlier. I'd be a millionaire if I took this shit seriously last week but whatever, I'm happy. Putting this into new stonks tmrw opening.
If you want to be risky I think there's still room for at least 30% upside buying the dip tomorrow (assuming the stock opens down). This train hasn't reached the station yet.

And I don't own any of it. I just feel like this is a narrative-driven stock, and the narrative is that the shorts need to cover their positions at any price on Friday. So there should be significant enthusiasm in the run up to Friday (but I'd get out before close).

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
More referring to the fact that this could impact your taxes. Depending on your current situation and where you live this could push you into a new tax bracket. Mind you I'm in Canada so slightly different but there's a lot of new blood that probably haven't considered anything beyond "lol meme stocks".
Unless you making thousands off this and you right on the edge of the next tax bracket you should be fine. I would like to think the people benefitting the most out of this understand the tax situation but I don't mind that it is reiterated to drive the point home.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
It's like instead of everyone collectively calling Gamestop to ask if they have Batteltoads, we're keeping the company alive now with this lmao

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Why are investment companies and brokers letting themselves get screwed like this? There are no built in mechanisms to prevent this?

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
If you want to be risky I think there's still room for at least 30% upside buying the dip tomorrow (assuming the stock opens down). This train hasn't reached the station yet.

And I don't own any of it. I just feel like this is a narrative-driven stock, and the narrative is that the shorts need to cover their positions at any price on Friday. So there should be significant enthusiasm in the run up to Friday (but I'd get out before close).

Yeah, that's my thinking as well. I'd be more comfortable with BB considering their low entry and potential future with Amazon and automation but I'm not too sure yet.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Why are investment companies and brokers letting themselves get screwed like this? There are no built in mechanisms to prevent this?

The company/companies in question intentionally shorted more shares than were freely available....and then doubled down, seemingly without any 'hedging' their bets with calls based on the stock going up.

They way over-leveraged their position, and are getting caught with their pants down due to their greed.

They fucked up bigtime, essentially.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what can I do to be a part of this? Is there a new one to jump into? I've got a couple thousand to work with to the point my wife won't divorce me.

CGS

Oct 27, 2017
I'm new to all of this. I invested $100 for 5 AMC shares. Should I buy more tomorrow when it opens back up? If you had the option to put a total of $500 or $1000. I just want an opinion of people that know because I don't want to screw up.

Justin Bailey

BackOnline
Oct 28, 2017
So what can I do to be a part of this? Is there a new one to jump into? I've got a couple thousand to work with to the point my wife won't divorce me.
The next GME is still GME. To the moon 🚀🚀🚀

Nah idk man. Whatever you do now is going to be a gamble just like you were in Vegas. Just use money you're ok losing and buy it if you're comfortable. If you just want be apart of a cultural moment then just buy one share.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
I'm new to all of this. I invested $100 for 5 AMC shares. Should I buy more tomorrow when it opens back up? If you had the option to put a total of $500 or $1000. I just want an opinion of people that know because I don't want to screw up.

Nobody can answer this for you and if you're asking about not wanting to screw up you're most likely going to be dissapointed in the end. Only invest what you're willing to lose, especially in a meme stock like AMC.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how much are the hedge fund ghouls looking to lose on this? That's what I care about the most here.