• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
cOGOVUu.jpg

www.cnbc.com/2021/01/28/leon-cooperman-on-gamestop-reddit-speculators-im-not-damning-them-but-it-will-end-in-tears.html

I cannot post what should be done with this asshole.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
for some sure, but there are a lot of wsb people are just using money they would spend on vacations and are having fun.
Yeah as a sensible investment it's high risk, some will get high reward, many others will get burned. A lot of people will be breaking the don't invest in what you dont understand "rule".

As a gamble, bit of fun or the chance to screw over hedge funds it's great.

Deleted member 35478

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I'm being told this behavior is bad for the market, bad for my 401k, what's any of that have to do with hedge funds built around shorting? Basically WSB's is a virus and wall street needs to get back to normal...

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He was charged with insider trading, he hates anything that will hurt rich people, and he fought with Obama over taxes for years

His thoughts on this situation should be regarded as null regardless of what he says
I don't mean he's a good person but at the most basic level he's right. This isn't going to end up in some glorious rebound for Gamestop or the destruction of the rich. Gamestop is NOT worth what its going for right now. This is entirely speculation right now, from both Reddit and the Hedge Funds. No investment is happening at all.
In this case, the hedge fund managers will be the ones hurting.
I wish that is what will happen. But I doubt it. Love to be wrong though.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm being told this behavior is bad for the market, bad for my 401k, what's any of that have to do with hedge funds built around shorting? Basically WSB's is a virus and wall street needs to get back to normal...

This is a sideshow. A very expensive sideshow for some people, and will not hurt you. People want you to think it hurts you because it hurts them, and it only hurts them because they already hurted any more with their actions

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't mean he's a good person but at the most basic level he's right. This isn't going to end up in some glorious rebound for Gamestop or the destruction of the rich. Gamestop is NOT worth what its going for right now. This is entirely speculation right now, from both Reddit and the Hedge Funds. No investment is happening at all.

Gamestop is not worth what it is now, that is true, but it also should not have been short traded into the ground when it was at $3. This would not have happened now without that happening over the last few years. And today actions are only looked up as "wrong and illegal" because the wrong side is having a small win

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Hedge funds who short stock 140% (higher if you look at free float) are the virus. This is a symptom that will correct greedy behavior, maybe further regulate this shit.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gamestop is not worth what it is now, that is true, but it also should not have been short traded into the ground when it was a $3. This would not have happened now without that happening over the last few years. And today actions only looked up as "wrong and illegal" because the wrong side is having a small win
Oh yeah, short stock trading should be illegal.

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
Again I need to ask. Do most of you guys use a cash account on robinhood so that you can active day trade or do you keep your account instant/gold for the perks?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
That's for you to decide. Figure out a realistic price you'd be happy with selling at, and then set a limit order to sell however many share you want at that price. Set the order to run for however long you want it to. That way, it'll trigger whenever the price hits that point and sell immediately, without you needing to watch and manually place your sell order. It also protects you if the brokerage lags or goes down right when you want to sell. If you want to leave some shares left over to sell manually then go ahead and do so, but I'd put a few limit sell orders for some shares just to play it safe.

I was reading up on it earlier today, and it does sound way fucking shadier than what WSB people are doing right now. How the hell is it legal to sell shares that you've borrowed from someone else?

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I had a 401k account through my job for fidelity so I probably got in more easily than average.
I feel like you need to have the ability to day trade if you want to actually get out from these stocks when they are indeed going to plummet for good.
I just didn't know what to do to enable it, and the small number of day trades it does allow has been enough.

I only have AMC currently on it in terms of meme stocks. I have a small bit of lg and some nintendo.

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
I had a 401k account through my job for fidelity so I probably got in more easily than average.

I just didn't know what to do to enable it, and the small number of day trades it does allow has been enough.

I only have AMC currently on it in terms of meme stocks. I have a small bit of lg and some nintendo.
Gotta contact support but you don't have the ability to go back to an instant account and have to make alts.

bdiddy82

Nov 5, 2018
can someone tell me why Gamestop doesnt just issue more stocks to put a halt to this, while helping them make profit?

whats the most possible outcome here? large share owners cash out quickly, and leave little guys using digital apps holding shit in a bag and frozen app?

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
can someone tell me why Gamestop doesnt just issue more stocks to put a halt to this, while helping them make profit?

whats the most possible outcome here? large share owners cash out quickly, and leave little guys using digital apps holding shit in a bag and frozen app?

Something about share dilution, which is an even more complicated issue than what we have now. And I believe new shares can only be offered when a company concurrently raises additional equity capital. Which I don't think GameStop is in a position to do right now.

Deleted member 2379

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

GS has an ATM shelf available and they could be using it. Logically they should as it reduces dilution. The issue is that they don't need the cash and May put themselves as some risk.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a chance Robinhood gets completely shutdown and people lose access to their money / accounts?

Deleted member 2379

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In this case, the hedge fund managers will be the ones hurting.

only the short ones. The rest of them have been eating like crazy. They are riding flows up and selling.

Y'all are crazy if you somehow think these volumes are retail.

retail is such a small portion of the daily trading volume even here.
Hedge funds are making block purchases of significant size.

Deleted member 2379

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Why?

should we also ban all option trading betting on a stock going down?

this is an illogical take.
China also banned short selling for awhile because people were betting that a bubble had formed.

the one way to inflate a bubble is to pop any bets on the other side