• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BordyDogue

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
In hindsight it makes sense that $200 is the base price for Retro's next game

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
If Fallout 3 Remastered really does exist, I can imagine it making it's way over to the Switch so it's probably one of the SKUs in the OP.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why would I make a separate thread. The twitter thread states explicitly that there are 21 unknown Switch SKUs, as well as more than 20 PS4 and a little less for Xbox. It seems pointless to create so many threads when there's literally no other information other than what I just wrote.
It's not pointless. We're here to discuss games. We can speculate on what these games will be. We could do the same if you made a PS4 specific thread...

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People do that yeah. Sun and Moon got a double pack with a steelbook
OH. I didn't realize that. I've never been into the Pokemon games. Thought the only difference between the two versions is an exclusive Pokemon. And ppl would spend double to get that one extra Pokemon? Can't you just trade for it?

Well whatevs. That could be it then. Two games, steel book and other extras... Sure $200

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OH. I didn't realize that. I've never been into the Pokemon games. Thought the only difference between the two versions is an exclusive Pokemon. And ppl would spend double to get that one extra Pokemon? Can't you just trade for it?

Well whatevs. That could be it then. Two games, steel book and other extras... Sure $200
One version for you and one for your friend/sibling/partner/kid/etc. A lot of people do this.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
f1a.gif

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018

The obvious answers is collectors, plus the fact that it's priced as a regular special edition for a big console game helps. It's also great for parents who have two kids

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown

Yes, that's the only difference. Yes, some people buy both. Yes, you could just trade for the others.

I don't think it's that, though. The S&M pack was $80, the price of both combined, and the steelbook was advertised as a free bonus. They'd be breaking new ground there.

Is there a $200 SKU in the PS4 and XB1 lists?

EDIT:

Very hard to see, but it looks like there's a $199.99 SKU on the PS4 list, so it's probably something like a DOOM:E CE or something else multiplatform

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Since the 200$ listing appears on other platforms too, it is probably a Collector Edition of Doom Eternal.

Bethesda has a history of making very expensive editions for their flagship titles.

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
So, let's do this:

- Pokémon Sword Special Edition
- Pokémon Shield Special Edition
- Bayonetta 3?
- Metroid Prime Trilogy
- Avengers (Square Enix)
- Metroid Prime 4? (I can see a teaser trailer in GCI)
- TOWN
- The Wonderful 101
- Pikmin 3
- Pikmin 4
- DOOM Eternal
- Spyro
- FIFA 20
- Pes 19/20
- NBA 2K20
- COD?
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Monolith's new game
- Wow I really don't know

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
bayonetta 3
halo
ori
doom eternal
nba
fifa
darksiders 2
darksiders genesis
biomutant
the witcher 3
mario rabbids 2
rune factory 4
overwatch
spyro
roller champions
dark souls 2
indies

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Oh shit, pretty dope. Anyone else secretly hoping for some Kirby Air Ride love?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Could $199 be hardware as in Switch Lite? That would absolutely nuts for an LE. Typical Nintendo LE are $99

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I could be misremembering. (It's been a while).

But didn't something like this happen last year and it didn't really amount to a lot? People got hyped for E3 (or maybe it was another direct?) cuase they felt a ton of announcements were coming and whatnot.