Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Another list of the top games of the decade, this one from Gaming Bible.

It's all on one page, and there are write ups, so I will just link you to their site, and ask you to see the full list. However, the top 10 of the list are below:

10. God of War
09. The Outer Wilds
08. Red Dead Redemption
07. Grand Theft Auto V
06. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
05. Marvel's Spider-Man
04. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
03. Minecraft
02. The Last of Us
01. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Swap out #5 for Dark Souls, and I think this is actually the most agreeable best games of the decade list I've seen yet. Check out the full thing, it even has games like Persona 5 and Life is Strange that otherwise have been bafflingly overlooked in a lot of these other lists.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Any list with Titanfall 2 is cool with me.

Shame Tetris Effect is getting ignored in most though.

the lizard

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, I like Spider-Man but it doesn't belong on a top-10 of the decade list, especially when three Dark Souls games and Bloodborne came out this decade

Tomasoares

Oct 28, 2017
IDK, there's some mediocres or good-but-not-for-top-10 games in the list...

Top 5 needs to have Bloodborne, Dark Souls and TLoU, though.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow people REALLY liked Outer Wilds.
I for one never expected this game to make in Top 10 games of the decade, and I am not sure it deserved it.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When Foals' 'Spanish Sahara' played over the final moments - however they panned out for you - there couldn't have been a dry eye in the house.

Oh I see he accidentally triggered the glitch where the bad ending happens

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Probably the most boring of these types of lists I've seen so far. A few kinda sorta interesting picks in the list, but for the most part it seems sorta close to what I'd expect a generic "top games of the decade" list to look like.

It continued the trend of everyone getting #1 correct, though.

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon GO and Titanfall over Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and 3? Who mans is this?

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Got #1 sorted out properly, and Celeste made the Top 25. Approved.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Don't agree with the Rockstar games and Spider-Man, but its a pretty alright list compared to some of the others I've seen

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wrap my head around Spider-Man being above God of War, and I loved Spider-Man.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I like this list better than some of the recent ones posted, but the absence of a single Souls game or Bloodborne is glaring - just in terms of influence and quality they really need to be there. Also, as others have said, love Spider-man, but in no way should it be Top 10 (or IMO Top 25 is pushing it) of the decade.

At least with this one there is a theme mostly and kind of a style or preference that you can see among the people who ranked them - in particular they really like open world games. I honestly prefer that to the pot luck lists mixing cheap mobile games in with high-end games just to appear balanced and diverse.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Just looking at the top 10,it is a great top 10,but Spiderman and Minecraft I will never agree,I didn't played The Outer Wilds yet.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
botw #1. when it's right it's right.

overall a very solid list. very happy to see super hexagon and mario odyssey in there as well.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I like this list a lot better than others (esp the Polygon one).

I'd be okay if they removed one of the RDRs, like a Mass Effect 2

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Another list of the top games of the decade, this one from Gaming Bible.

It's all on one page, and there are write ups, so I will just link you to their site, and ask you to see the full list. However, the top 10 of the list are below:

10. God of War
09. The Outer Wilds
08. Red Dead Redemption
07. Grand Theft Auto V
06. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
05. Marvel's Spider-Man
04. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
03. Minecraft
02. The Last of Us
01. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Swap out #5 for Dark Souls, and I think this is actually the most agreeable best games of the decade list I've seen yet. Check out the full thing, it even has games like Persona 5 and Life is Strange that otherwise have been bafflingly overlooked in a lot of these other lists.
Imagine making a top 25 list for games of THE DECADE...and failing to include Dota 2 and/or League of Legends which are comfortably top 10 selections and are more or less the gold standards for eSports.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
The top 10 is (mostly) boring, but I never would've predicted fuckin' Lad Bible to have Life Is Strange in their top 25 so big respect for that, alongside Titanfall 2 no less.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
It's a list of fantastically well made games. Nothing wrong with Spidey being in there either since it's a list of personal opinions with no pretense of it being about influential games. I'd put Sunset Overdrive, from the makers of Spider-Man, in my personal top 10.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Where in the world is Tekken 7? Hell I didn't see any fighters listed...

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
That's actually nowhere near as bad as the others that have been posted recently

Feb 21, 2019
Not a bad list, but not a great one either. That just looks like some dudes "best games I played this gen" rather some some sweeping best games of the decade with real thought behind it.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boring list but at least Skyrim is the only outright bad game in the top 10.

Imagine making a top 25 list for games of THE DECADE...and failing to include Dota 2 and/or League of Legends which are comfortably top 10 selections and are more or less the gold standards for eSports.
Easy since I don't care about esports :D

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I loved Spider-Man, first game I ever platinumed, but I don't know if it is deserving of the top ten of the entire decade. Maybe switch God of War and Spider-Man's places?