Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
birth by sleep is from this decade (only 9 days into the decade!), and it's a great game, but i never expected someone to be surprised by it not showing up in a top 25 (or 50/100) games of the decade list. it being a PSP game doesn't help much either. you don't really see many PSP/DS/3DS/Vita games in these lists.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Easy since I don't care about esports :D
That's fine. All you really need to know or care about is that fact that they are technically superior and better maintained games than basically that entire list. Games like Dota 2 and League need no introduction or justification. If anything, someone has to explain how 75% of that list qualifies to rank above either.

It's embarrassing for them to be left off, quite frankly. It's like leaving Kobe and LeBron off an NBA top 15 list because you don't care about small forwards. Like, that's not how it works.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
No clue who/what Gaming Bible is, but I have to at least stand in solidarity with Spider-Man being above God of War. Got that right at least.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Does it? Does it really?
hqdefault.jpg

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's fine. All you really need to know or care about is that fact that they are technically superior and better maintained games than basically that entire list. Games like Dota 2 and League need no introduction or justification. If anything, someone has to explain how 75% of that list qualifies to rank above either.

It's embarrassing for them to be left off, quite frankly. It's like leaving Kobe and LeBron off an NBA top 15 list because you don't care about small forwards. Like, that's not how it works.
In sports you have more meaningful metrics to try making objective arguments if you want. Attempting to make an objective list of the best games is nonsensical. And even so, if someone wants to leave LeBron off their favorite players list that is their choice.

If I ever make a "Most well maintained games of the decade" list I'll be sure to give Dota a shoutout.

OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
In sports you have more meaningful metrics to try making objective arguments if you want. Attempting to make an objective list of the best games is nonsensical. And even so, if someone wants to leave LeBron off their favorite players list that is their choice.

If I ever make a "Most well maintained games of the decade" list I'll be sure to give Dota a shoutout.
And Fortnite would still beat it.
Lol

Firmament1

Aug 15, 2019
Ultra generic list.

Would really want to see more lists that don't just seem like they picked the safest games possible to avoid pissing off anyone that reads it. Maybe talk about more games that people didn't talk to death about the year they came out.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My top 10 would be pretty anemic in the diversity department:

1) Bloodborne
2) Resident Evil 2
3) Alien: Isolation
4) Dark Souls 2
5) God of War
6) Dark Souls 3
7) Hollow Knight
8) Dark Souls Remastered
9) Breath of the Wild
10) Resident Evil 7

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Good to see Rocket League but no Souls games, Fortnite or MHW is pretty baffling to me. Not a bad list though.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I don't usually mind any top x of games, hey always make a fun read but I can't believe they have 2 read dead games in that list yet missing so many classics of the last few years. Could they really not find another game instead?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Walking Dead Season 1 feels like a lifetime ago.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's a little baffling that Monster Hunter World isn't included, considering the absolute massive upgrade it received, pretty much the first overhaul to the game ever. Generations doesn't count, as it just added some new gameplay styles. MHW (especially with Iceborn) is one of the most amazing gaming packages out there. But yet the list include two Red Dead games. To each their own.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's missing Dark Souls 3/ Bloodborne somewhere, but overall not a bad one at all.

Certainly better imo than some hot take lists we've seen recently.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Well I've played most of those titles and I would only put three of them in my own personal list. (still haven't played Outer Wilds which I hear is awesome)

Different tastes and all that but Yakuza 0, Divinity Original Sin II, SOMA, Dishonoured 2 etc to me are far more worthy.

Inevitsbly these list threads are always like that for almost everyone though XD

You cannot make a proper best of the decade list with 25 games and not add Mass Effect 2.
Good call. That game was amazing.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I didn't expect to see Super Hexagon on this list, but I completely agree. Great choice.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Out of those top 10, the only ones I remotely care about are Witcher 3 and Minecraft - in fact, I've played most of the rest of that list to some degree and found them absolutely boring for the most part. I guess my tastes just don't align with modern AAA anymore.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
This reminds, are we going to have a "Best Game of the 2010S Thread" on ERA?

Lcs

Aug 9, 2018
GTA V, RDD and Spider-man are just bland open world games, but... opinions and all that.