• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
chara_ganondorfbrfvl.png

Do not look away. You witness a king's revival…& the birth of his new fanbase.

Ganondorf has finally been rehydrated, making his first full appearance in a new mainline Zelda title in 17 years. So it's no surprise that social media has gone absolutely wild with fan art for him. So I, being surprised that a thread on the topic hasn't been made yet, decided to make this thread to compile all the great Ganondorf fan art out there. But there are two things to keep in mind...
  • Don't just post the image alone. Embed it if you can, but otherwise always include a source. We gotta give the artists credit.
  • Like with other fan art threads, keep it safe for work.
Anyway, here are 4 that I found...

View: https://twitter.com/s_kinnaly/status/1646579809219399680

View: https://twitter.com/s_kinnaly/status/1647337733692723200

View: https://twitter.com/lapelrose/status/1646600839824564225

View: https://twitter.com/thegreyzen/status/1646582692077600773

...what about the rest of you, Era?

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am here for Hot Ganondorf.

A four year promise in the making.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Look, I'm totally asexual and even I said, OH MY GOD when I saw how Ganondorf looks here. I completely understand the fanart.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
NTR Ganon has been a thing in a very specific Link and Zelda fan art community for a while and this is going to escalate things.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i really love the fanon that this iteration of the trio were like allies or something beforehand before ganon went full evil. it has no relation whatsover to the game but it's a bit of fun to see them in a more sitcom environment

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
When Courage, Wisdom, and Power finally get along and team up, it is the full Triforce of Absolute Thirst.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I'm just going to post what we are all thinking...Ganondorf...I mean Handsomedorf, Daddydorf, Zaddydorf.

He can be my ruler anyday 😏

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Trust me, there will be massive amounts of backlash if the next Smash game doesn't switch to this version of Ganondorf as the default.
Here's hoping they actually update his moveset to align with his character more and give his old moveset to Black Shadow with a few tweaks.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Need his boss fight to be the best ever in a zelda game. I wont accept less for such a sick ass design.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
i really love the fanon that this iteration of the trio were like allies or something beforehand before ganon went full evil. it has no relation whatsover to the game but it's a bit of fun to see them in a more sitcom environment
While that has no basis, I have been saying for damn near four years that this Gerudo Voe is the hero from 10,000 years ago in the BotW tapestry.

That Demise seems to be making an appearance in the trailer and something is happening to this character only makes me that much more certain. This isn't our Ganondorf, or, at least, he didn't used to be.

EDIT: Case in point
www.resetera.com

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel announced

If people literally think this is the same Hyrule as BOTW as in 1:1 pixel perfect then I don't know what to say. This cannot seriously be something people are worried about.

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Trust me, there will be massive amounts of backlash if the next Smash game doesn't switch to this version of Ganondorf as the default.
The model will be there, but he will keep the same old moveset that has never worked and only has very surface level references to the Zelda games.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
The model will be there, but he will keep the same old moveset that has never worked and only has very surface level references to the Zelda games.

Ganon with a sword!

...just to admire it!

While that has no basis, I have been saying for damn near four years that this Gerudo Voe is the hero from 10,000 years ago in the BotW tapestry.

That Demise seems to be making an appearance in the trailer and something is happening to this character only makes me that much more certain. This isn't our Ganondorf, or, at least, he didn't used to be.

EDIT: Case in point
www.resetera.com

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel announced

If people literally think this is the same Hyrule as BOTW as in 1:1 pixel perfect then I don't know what to say. This cannot seriously be something people are worried about.

i'm not really up on the Zelda lore but would be pretty difficult for this be the One Dude

SlyShinobi

Dec 3, 2018
I'm glad he got his long flowing locks back from OoT :D

How many gallons did this dude meet to rehydrate???

Crax

May 21, 2018
The design is sick, so I'm not surprised.

Offtopic:
Why is that every thread about fanart uses the exact same wording in the title? Is this a reference to something?
It's always "X from X has developed quite the fan art following"

Last edited: