• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sirronoh

Oct 25, 2017
I think the game is going to be awesome, but of course the developers are passionate about the project their team is working so hard to deliver.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
but how long exactly? That could just be one hour longer so like 11 hours max

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
if its really the largest campaign they ever made, what is the problem with showing a bit more of the campaign gameplay?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Sweet. I love Gears 4's campaign, looking forward to this.

Hoping this at least has some kind of a decent ending (even though this is likely the middle part of a new trilogy). Gears 4's ending was pretty abrupt and left a lot of questions hanging.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair. I am not worried about the SP at all. I wasnt before. But was just disappointed with no SP gameplay at E3. I mean it came out of the blue.
I am fine with it now. They made their decision how to do it. And all the other stuff they are showing now does looks great. Right changes and cool new things.
I am fully expect some great Horde stuff also next month if Versus is anything to go by and then the SP to follow.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
So around 11-12 hours instead of 9. "largest" is a little vague though.

Screenshot_2019-07-18_at_15.50.04.png

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
if its really the largest campaign they ever made, what is the problem with showing a bit more of the campaign gameplay?
Maybe spoilers?, to be honest, with gamepass I WILL try the game for myself no matter what, so I'm not that worried about not getting footage from the campaign, and from what we've seen, multi looks awesome.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Remember this is from April. Before we knew Escape existed. And then was announced at E3.
So largest means amount of content to play in the whole package. And SP areas being bigger

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
The concern trolling over the fact that they have not shown campaign has been quite hilarious. Like Rob Ferguson is really going to release a shit game with all the talent The Coalition has.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Biggest? It's open world-ish, right? That's just common sense. It has to be better than the Gears 4 robot hunt peppered with "we can be Uncharted, too" set-pieces. God, what a fucking slog that game was compared to how awesome and fresh the Gears 1 and 2 campaigns felt at the time of their respective releases.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I think 15 hours because of the new structure a little more open world and the exploration rewarded.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Remember this is from April. Before we knew Escape existed. And then was announced at E3.
So largest means amount of content to play in the whole package. And SP areas being bigger

Well we know this is already wrong because there was next to nothing at E3. :P

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
This is shaping up to be a GOTY contender. There's so much varied content and it all looks so good.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Im really excited for this one. And personally, I dont mind the lack of footage, I really liked 4 and I have a couple years of Game Pass Ultimate subbed already, so I'll be there day one (or minus 4 in this case I guess lol)

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Can`t wait!
That info doesn`t surprise me though because of what Fergusson said:

"It's not like… we used to have the tank in Gears 2 and that kind of stuff, it's not meant to be just driving down a hallway essentially."[...]
"the thing about the skiff is that we're trying to open up the world and give you more choice of what you can do." [...]
"you can take that skiff to go across the desert, you will be able to take that skiff across the tundra, so there's a lot of places you can go."

So my guess is, level design in Gears 5 will lean towards Zelda: Windwaker, something the last God of War did, too. Maybe more linear and less metroidvany but the same approach.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Can`t wait!

"It's not like… we used to have the tank in Gears 2 and that kind of stuff, it's not meant to be just driving down a hallway essentially."[...]
"the thing about the skiff is that we're trying to open up the world and give you more choice of what you can do." [...]
"you can take that skiff to go across the desert, you will be able to take that skiff across the tundra, so there's a lot of places you can go."

So my guess is, level design in Gears 5 will lean towards Zelda: Windwaker, something the last God of War did, too. Maybe more linear and less metroidvany but the same approach.

I think it will be more like Rise and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Its still a linear experience but the journey is more open for abit more exploration and some sort of hub part.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Come on, TC! Show, don't tell!

I know they are pushing the whole esports and VS part of this game hard because somebody there thinks they could have the next Overwatch or whatever on their hands, but withholding campaign info until a week before launch just seems like a strange/bad decision to me.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Can`t wait!

The latest artwork also shows that.

explore-campaign-5cfc0983ce4d1-1024x576.jpg