• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
It finally updated.

abismo20240501.jpg

Arle is definitely a monster. She's performing exactly like she was before the new weapon and circlet change (which I still can't level up past lv14 due to the damn consumables). Hopefully I can break the 60/200 barrier… Hopefully.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
I think Neuvilette, Furina and the rest of Fontaine cast are pretty darn powerful so Abyss would have to more restrictive if they want to match 3.7

Then again, so long as you have characters that can constantly dish out elemental dmg targeted at its weakness, lectors shields are taken down relatively easier, even if the dmg is shit.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
doing pulls for arle's weapon... finally got skyward blade :p I kinda wanted it, so i'm happy! I have every single other standard 5* weapon and needed that one to finish the collection, lol. Not bad on Benny either when someone else else needs to use the Mistsplitter

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
doing pulls for arle's weapon... finally got skyward blade :p I kinda wanted it, so i'm happy! I have every single other standard 5* weapon and needed that one to finish the collection, lol. Not bad on Benny either when someone else else needs to use the Mistsplitter
Yay, congrats on Skyward Blade! That is exactly how I use it. Usually Bennet has Mistsplitter but Skyward is perfect for single pyro teams where he needs more energy, then I switch to Skyward. :)
Hope you get Arle's weapon soon though!

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I think Neuvilette, Furina and the rest of Fontaine cast are pretty darn powerful so Abyss would have to more restrictive if they want to match 3.7

Then again, so long as you have characters that can constantly dish out elemental dmg targeted at its weakness, lectors shields are taken down relatively easier, even if the dmg is shit.

3.7 also just had per level design on the second half of floor 12. They slapped you with all 4 elemental checks, and a random Thunder Manifestation in the middle chamber.

I think if I were to retry it now I probably could 36 star it because my account is a lot stronger than it was a year ago. But yeah, we were seeing some super funky team comps come out in the usage rates of that abyss like Burgeon Klee/Hutao. lol

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
was at 30 pity on standard did pulls with the shop fates - saw gold - got Dehya. Didn't have her, so cool

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hoyoverse is indeed evil.
I'm collecting the last remaining chests in the Sea of Bygone Eras, and at least a third of all chests there demands you to murder a family of sea creatures for it.
When Fontaine started only a few chests demanded you to murder sea creatures, then there was already a significant jump in the patch where the big Tower was added, and now we are at least 1/3 of all chests.
Where will it end?! D:

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Game keeps giving Dehya either as lose 50/50, or standard banner, she is at C3 today, wonder if I can make her work with Arle…

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
I'm collecting the last remaining chests in the Sea of Bygone Eras, and at least a third of all chests there demands you to murder a family of sea creatures for it.
When Fontaine started only a few chests demanded you to murder sea creatures, then there was already a significant jump in the patch where the big Tower was added, and now we are at least 1/3 of all chests.
Where will it end?! D:
Destroying the local ecology is a time-honored tradition in open world games.

Apr 24, 2024
Where will it end?! D:
I only feel bad when its the blubber beasts. I mean they pretty much won't attack you unprovoked. Screw the rest of them.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Where will it end?! D:
More upgrade materials for your beloved otter.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Where will it end?! D:
They're Aberrants. It means they're anomalies. A threat to the local ecology. Invasive species. Destroy them all.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
The weirdest/luckiest thing happened to me

I was exploring Fontaine and found the place where arlecchino fought the previous knave and since I had a single wish I went "why not? I could use arlecchino"
I saw the blue, 3 star meteor drop but it froze and that circular loading screen popped up and out of nowhere, Arlecchino popped up on my screen

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
The weirdest/luckiest thing happened to me

I was exploring Fontaine and found the place where arlecchino fought the previous knave and since I had a single wish I went "why not? I could use arlecchino"
I saw the blue, 3 star meteor drop but it froze and that circular loading screen popped up and out of nowhere, Arlecchino popped up on my screen
What, I love this so much. Seems your random impulse was spot on, huge congrats to you and I hope you enjoy your Arle a lot. She is very special now! :D

ironjoe

Jan 26, 2018
NYC
Took a year off genshin (36 starring drove me to start tossing controllers).

Blazing through as much content as possible and managed to get C1R0 Arch.

Super happy with her playstyle for overworld content. Paired with Yelan and Xingqui and it's suddenly a lot more fun to fight mobs than it was with Childe international. If I had to funnel one more goddamn particle to Xiangling I was going to never play again.

I really need to stay out of the spiral abyss though. 12th floors always make me miserable.

Was hoping for more quality of life upgrades though. Anything in particular that I should know of?

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hopped back into it and managed to get that last star somehow with the same teams I tried before. I guess I was just more ready for the shenanigans this time. Used Ayato/Yae/Mika/Thoma for 1st half and Wrizzly/Furina/Dehya/Baizhu for 2nd. Main difference probably was getting rid of Mr. and Mrs. Cope much faster. Seemed like they were throwing shields up much more frequently on my first attempt.

Lilly-Anne

Feb 14, 2024
Man I've finally went ahead and going through the prison archon storyline and Jesus this is the most horrendously designed thing in this game so far. Just a endless level of yapping, hours upon hours of cutscenes, absolutely zero gameplay , consistently going from point A to point B to trigger the next cutscene

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Man I've finally went ahead and going through the prison archon storyline and Jesus this is the most horrendously designed thing in this game so far. Just a endless level of yapping, hours upon hours of cutscenes, absolutely zero gameplay , consistently going from point A to point B to trigger the next cutscene

Act 3 is definitely the low point of the Fontaine Archon Quest. lol

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
genuinely worse than inazuma and im not joking

only good thing about it is my pookie showing up to serve

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
New month, new 5 wishes!

Standard got me... C10 Sara lol (game, pls give me Gorou or Kirara cons)

Also, the Monthly shop reset allowed me to finally FINALLy complete her!

k0MeFFt.png

IVrU19G.png

Will try to build her with spare artifacts to do Cyno story quest with Lisa 😄

---

The Abyss this time is HARD after several mild cycles with 12-2 Side B being INSANE! The way it throws mob after mob after mob just for then to drop 2 fucking electro abyss heralds sakldasl;dkjsa

dIIvYuW.png

I kind of hate when they make 12-2 or even 12-1 harder than 12-3 lmao but I already have a PLAN to get that missing star~

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
+1 to Meropide being the worst part of 4.x story by a mile.

Well back up to 34 stars on the abyss this week. And 6:40 on 12-2 and 12-3 so didn't miss by too much. Closest I've come to 36 starring the abyss since I got back which feels good. Means all these build tuneups are actually having an effect. Also fun to be getting the tutorials for these new enemies for the first time mid floor 12 lol.

Went
Bennett/Xiangling/Kazuha/Childe first half
Zhongli/Faruzan/Yunjin/Wanderer second half

Yunjin finally hitting 90 and her weapon too today. XL still in desperate need of ER, even with bennett funneling.

Kiyamet

Apr 21, 2024
Tried to brute force my way through 12-2 second half with a furina/xianyun/gaming/bennet team

came close but nah

wasnt worth the aggitation

switched to raiden/furina/xianyun/nahida lol

also +1 Meropide being the low point

I was hoping for a steamy punky prison hijinks with a hardened and sassy prisoner wrizzley showing us the ropes but instead got boring underwater society filled with fetch quests and a lame ass hands off warden

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
image.png

One of the rando drops from the abyss. Almost makes me want to pull for either arlecchino or clorinde. Almost.

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
Standard banner simply decided to gave me another Skyward Spine LMFAOOOOOOOO

I can't with this game.

Standard gave me a Cx Barbara.
:(
On the bright side, her Starglitter gives me 1 pink wish I didn't have!

Did anyone know that when you trade in 3 Magic Blue Crystal Ores and 10 Original Resin, that you not only get 6 Mystic Enhancement Ores (pink rocks), but you also inexplicably get 10 Friendship experience?!!

I was like WHAT!?

Last edited: