Mecha

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
I'm stunned by this. Never expected this. Is nice to have surprises like this.

Why wasn't this on the State of Play a few weeks back?

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, that is a bad take. You can't seriously knock SP for shipping a complete 30 hour game and then adding a free co-op mode later.
AggressiveMajesticElephantseal-size_restricted.gif

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw someone on the Xbox One Reddit after the Halo delay dejectedly say that Sony just shits out great game after great game. Considering the PS5 launches in a few months I'd say they really have outdone themselves.

If it we're me I'd have them work on this a little longer and launch it as a PS5 exclusive (as I suspected they would with Factions) guess it's good for everyone im not in charge.

They really have been just spitting out amazing games each year and it's why I can't ever see myself buying a Xbox. That said, would be incredible if this and TLOU2 MP were standalone and the PS5 was launching with it as a F2P thing but yeah, this would be a pretty big sell if they kept it for PS5 imo

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I'm stunned by this. Never expected this. Is nice to have surprises like this.

Why wasn't this on the State of Play a few weeks back?

Sony's decisions don't really make sense. It would have been a perfect way to end the State of Play regardless of how you feel about it. They had to have been working on this before the game even launched.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
This seems cool, especially visually.

The only downside is that as far as a GAAS mode goes there isn't THAT far it can go, unless they finally start giving swords bespoke stats rather than just having them as identical cosmetics.
They can probably get a lot out of character skins/designs, pretty much the main draw GaaS game go for now too. So could go for awhile, already seem to be bigger plans for it.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Developer makes massive, incredibly well received single-player game. Developer then adds in FREE multiplayer section:

"I don't want MP!"

"This should have been in at launch"

Jesus Christ, this place sometimes!

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Damn, what a surprise out of nowhere. I was honestly hoping for some supernatural element to be in Ghost of Tsushima, so this sounds right up my alley!

Wish I could honestly rock it solo though, but I'll overlook the fact I gotta pay to do some damn multiplayer.

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
This announcement got me seriously pumped. Feels like I'm getting a free extra game and one that I didn't even know I wanted.

I'm really glad most of my friends seem to have picked up Tsushima too.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I mean, it literally will, but that's not a bad thing.
I don't think they need all of their devs now when probably a small team is just preparing the pre-production of their next game
Other devs can do this MP mode (+ hopefully a PS5 free upgrade) and then seamlessly transition to the production of the next project

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I don't see the whole GTA Online comparison.

This to me sounds more like the Co op missions Rockstar did for Red Dead Redemption 1. I don't see them making this a long term investment. Atleast for now.

fiveshift

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2018
If it we're me I'd have them work on this a little longer and launch it as a PS5 exclusive (as I suspected they would with Factions) guess it's good for everyone im not in charge.

Nah I doubt there's enough content for this to justify extra money or PS5 exclusivity besides that would just piss everyone off. But man GoT was probably already my GOTY, if this is real good it may be my GOTG.

I expect TLOU factions to simply have much more content to justify an independent purchase and features that simply can't be done on PS4 to justify PS5 exclusivity. (If it ends up exclusive to PS5 which it may not)

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
really excited to be able to play WITH my friends that are also loving the single player. I wonder if TLOU 2 multiplayer is also coming this Fall/Winter. I definitely see the argument that this makes PS5 more attractive as this makes the transition soo easy.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I seriously cannot fucking believe it. I really thought I couldn't love this god damn game any more. Yet here we are.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Developer makes massive, incredibly well received single-player game. Developer then adds in FREE multiplayer section:

"I don't want MP!"

"This should have been in at launch"

Jesus Christ, this place sometimes!

It's just a few people man. Majority of people are hyped :)

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Sony's decisions don't really make sense. It would have been a perfect way to end the State of Play regardless of how you feel about it. They had to have been working on this before the game even launched.

It make perfect sense , doing it now to keep the game in the news after a few a weeks.
Sony marketing has been on point , some may not like how they doing it but so far it show they know what they have been doing whole gen .

Samanyolu

Apr 27, 2019
Urgh, I'm gonna sound like a fanboy but fuck it. Sony and their first party studios just continue to spoil us. With TLOU2 MP on the horizon as well, I'm really, really glad to have a playstation.
You will always risk this for saying anything about any console lol, but I feel the same about Sony's studios. The content is nearly always great and they never really try to milk a game to death with micro transactions or endless expansions, though that saddens me sometimes (looking at GoW). Glad they're here

Oct 27, 2017
But really, them doing the whole supernatrual stuff this way is great. Basically a folklore tale created by people on the island.

Fits really well with the realistic take the game goes for.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
holy SHIT.
YES! This sounds & looks fucking awesome. Thank you SP <3
Never knew I wanted raids in GoT but I do now.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
I don't think they need all of their devs now when probably a small team is just preparing the pre-production of their next game
Other devs can do this MP mode (+ hopefully a PS5 free upgrade) and then seamlessly transition to the production of the next project

Those devs could have been working on a SP DLC instead. I'm glad they made the choice to make it MP, but let's be honest here.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, that actually looks really cool. Co-op modes I do tend to enjoy more than multiplayer.

I still need to get this game lol. It's literally at the top of my "to buy" list, I've just been trying to clear out a couple games from my backlog. (Does RDR2 ever fucking end?! I've been trying to beat this game for over a year, and just keep getting bored and dropping it. Trying to finish it up and thought I beat it, only for the game to keep going lol.)

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Honestly, I don't see the whole GTA Online comparison.

This to me sounds more like the Co op missions Rockstar did for Red Dead Redemption 1. I don't see them making this a long term investment. Atleast for now.
I could see this becoming long term gaas thing. Sucker Punch insist on working on 1 project at a time. after Second Son, they had big lay off because preproduction on their next game didn't require a lot of people. by having these Legends online mode, they can keep their team size up working on the multiplayer content while smaller team start pre production for GoT2

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
This looks rad. Story missions, Survival AND raids? Well done Sucker Punch.
Also wondering if this runs the same or will feature a 60 FPS, with lower graphical fidelity and resolution, mode for multi-player.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
A nice suprise for sure. I dont really think this is a GTA online situation, seems more like a small side thing and it will probably not get any longterm support. If its recieved well they will add a similar mode to the sequel from the start id imagine.