• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• What You Do Will Matter, I Promise

Votes: 42 14.8%
  • I Want To Turn Into A Wolf And Fuck!

Votes: 106 37.3%
  • Business Dave Energy

Votes: 39 13.7%
  • Vinny Don't Goof

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Money is Yucky, Milk Is Yummy!

Votes: 42 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
On the Beastcast they said it would be a cool throwback for the Switch version of MK11 to have no blood by default and require a blood code which then had Dan reciting ABACABB but neither 16-bit version of MK1 had blood by default! The blood code was for Genesis, and SNES had no way of enabling blood at all.

Im mad that i remember this being a thing. That Icons show on G4 taught me so much useless shit lol

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
What are some games with really good explosions?

Also what are some games with good hugging mechanics?
Just Cause 2 is the king of explosions.

And hugging? Hrm... A Boy and his Blob is too on the nose, so I'll go with The Sims 4. I'm pretty sure it also has a dedicated hug (radial selection) button.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
Just Cause 2 is the king of explosions.

And hugging? Hrm... A Boy and his Blob is too on the nose, so I'll go with The Sims 4. I'm pretty sure it also has a dedicated hug (radial selection) button.

But are there different hug options for the various huh types? Inquiring minds want to know.

Although I bet there might be some specialty hugging animations on a certain modding site for Skyrim or Fallout 4 known for their more lewd and eclectically lewd (but often high quality!) mods.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Civ6: Gathering Storm is making all my "one more turn" neurons fire.

send help more turns
But are there different hug options for the various huh types? Inquiring minds want to know.

Although I bet there might be some specialty hugging animations on a certain modding site for Skyrim or Fallout 4 known for their more lewd and eclectically lewd (but often high quality!) mods.
It might be based on mood? There's some actions that have variants like that, can't remember if hugging is one of 'em, though.

The mood system does a lot to make Sims 4 feel alive.

Last edited:

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
Civ6: Gathering Storm is making all my "one more turn" neurons fire.

send help more turns

It might be based on mood? There's some actions that have variants like that, can't remember if hugging is one of 'em, though.

The mood system does a lot to make Sims 4 feel alive.

Huh. Well the last time I put any time into a Sims game was maybe with 2?

But there's definitely some ways they could go with that if they didn't. Bro hugs, romantic embrace hugs (and subvariations), socially awkward hover hugs, etc.

Actually isn't Army of Two really homoerotic? That's a game I haven't thought about in awhile. I dunno if there were ever any actual hugs as such in it though…

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Hey kids, do you wanna play the latest game called "Waiting For Patches?" It's the hottest craze these days.

I'm currently waiting for the Anthem patch but I can't play Metro Exodus while I wait because that game hasn't been patched yet..

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
So after like 5-6 hours of Anthem spread out across a few days, I updated Destiny 2 and hopped back in to both a capped character and a made a new one and played it for a few hours.

This is the video game equivalent of Target coming into Canada, buying up all the dead Zellers, and opening over a hundred stores nationwide to try to combat Wal-mart without the pricing, the stock chain, or the wherewithal to understand what customers even want. It wasn't truly terrible in it's own right, but there's a million little details that I could look at and go "oh, this is clearly better/easier over here at this established thing instead".

Anthem feels like Exhibit A in misunderstanding expectations and how not to read a room.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
So after like 5-6 hours of Anthem spread out across a few days, I updated Destiny 2 and hopped back in to both a capped character and a made a new one and played it for a few hours.

This is the video game equivalent of Target coming into Canada, buying up all the dead Zellers, and opening over a hundred stores nationwide to try to combat Wal-mart without the pricing, the stock chain, or the wherewithal to understand what customers even want. It wasn't truly terrible in it's own right, but there's a million little details that I could look at and go "oh, this is clearly better/easier over here at this established thing instead".

Anthem feels like Exhibit A in misunderstanding expectations and how not to read a room.

Nobody knows your obscure canadian analogies mate.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
FWiU2IT.jpg
Is Sopranos the greatest anime?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017

Nobody knows your obscure canadian analogies mate.
I got ya brother. Fuck Target.

Cool, I'll check it out. Do you know how it plays on a phone?

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Anime is happening tonight with that Gundam NT movie getting a theatrical release tonight. I wonder if Jeff ever got around to watching Gundam 0079.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Boy there are a lot of DLC sidquests in ME2. This may actually take a while.

Or they could do longer episodes.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
you humans are all racists
1: *fzzt*They are all dogs and should be put to dea*crackle*

2: *Bzzrt*ell they're not so ba*pop*

3: *Bzz*d literally die for any alien in the univ*pzhoom*

Maybe Antiwhippy was right. This part in Mass Effect 2 was a little on the nose. Edit: Not that part you mentioned, the planet before that, but that part was funny.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching Alexey Quest 2.02 and I forgot how extremely on Aria is. I remember her being a bit much, but she's waaaay more than that, even.

She's like if Jack went Super Saiyan.

May 5, 2018
I hope there's a gif out there of Shep Shep's "I got you a brandy" reaction face. That's gonna get some mileage.

Alex and Vinny's drunk Shep Shep's voices are pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.