• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I'm mad at god. I curse him. I denounce him and all he has created.....and then I saw Shenmue 3

Votes: 100 32.7%
  • Pogi Boy Swag

Votes: 54 17.6%
  • We Love Crime And God

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • SAY NOPE TO DOPE!

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 97 31.7%
  • Erotic French Fries

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Your Gateway To The Zen Of Gaming

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
For the sake of my time to sleep, I had to put down Cadence of Hyrule, but I'm really digging Cadence of Hyrule. Which is strange since I found Crypt of the Necrodancer blistering hard and haven't gotten too deep on Zelda games.

i don't think so, they made a lot of changes from necrodancer that made it significantly easier. but it's all for the better imho cos i burned on necrodancer real fast (even though I love the OSTs)

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So I ordered a new router today from Amazon and I love how every single time I buy something on that site, they always go all in with the whole "Maaaaan, you should totally pay for Prime so that you can get it shipped tomorrow for free duuude!!!!"... Then I always end up picking the free shipping instead cause fuck Prime and then I still get it the next day even if the original estimate when you pick the free shipping is always like a week away even if the package is just going from Toronto to Montreal lol

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
It's good to hear that Bloodstained turned out well. I didn't back it at the time (thanks to reservations caused by certain other Kickstarter projects to create spiritual successors to beloved 2D Japanese games with their godfathers' blessings and involvement) so I'll have to buy it soon.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Didn't you have to pan the camera 2B-style to see it in the first place?

Regardless, they're likely gonna be running the texture pack mod that - I think - removes that bit from EDI's outfit
it's only present in one skin but it's, uh, very present
tgOM2.jpg
bigger, more intense, and even sexier

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
i'm still bummed they killed off Emily Wong in a tweet instead of making her the Normandy's embedded reporter

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
... i'm still annoyed they skipped over Wintory's Syndicate soundtrack in that orchestra thing at the start of the Ubisoft press conference.

it's my favourite in the series!

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
the funny thing about ME vs DA is that ME1 had basically identical armor between men and women while DA:O had goofy boob plates, but then ME moved toward having its female characters in sexy skintight jumpsuits and high heels while DA got rid of boob armor and gave its female characters outfits made to match their personality and role

Oct 27, 2017
When they released the E3 demo for backers, I knew Bloodstained was the real shit as soon as I felt how it controlled. I'm just waiting for my physical backer copy to arrive probably sometime this week or the next.
You're right it's all about the controls. Everything in the game feels good, just like the classics. It's definitely more Castlevania DS than Symphony though.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I wish this game didn't play like absolute trash on the Xbox One
It's a very good game.

It's a very good game because halfway through it becomes a mostly different game. That's such a weird thing that doesn't happen usually.

Like it eventually becomes something between Hotline Miami and Battlefield 2 on console at a certain point.

And that's weird and cool as shit.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What the ever living hell is the way Waypoint does podcasts/live video? Their site doesn't seem to have any of the E3 days besides Day -2, YouTube only has the LIVE podcast video up until Day 2 and Pocket Casts has them all. What a mess.

Edit: Wait....the Days are hidden behind very specific solo game titles. That is terrible. For instance, Day 3 is behind this title:

'Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2' Makes Seattle the Star

That sure does scream Day 3 E3 talk to me!

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
What the ever living hell is the way Waypoint does podcasts/live video? Their site doesn't seem to have any of the E3 days besides Day -2, YouTube only has the LIVE podcast video up until Day 2 and Pocket Casts has them all. What a mess.

Edit: Wait....the Days are hidden behind very specific solo game titles. That is terrible. For instance, Day 3 is behind this title:

Look...

...Times are tough...

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
It's a very good game.

It's a very good game because halfway through it becomes a mostly different game. That's such a weird thing that doesn't happen usually.

Like it eventually becomes something between Hotline Miami and Battlefield 2 on console at a certain point.

And that's weird and cool as shit.

Huh. I want to check it out now. I was only aware of it because I backed Chernobylite and they're working on that.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Huh. I want to check it out now. I was only aware of it because I backed Chernobylite and they're working on that.
As others have said, it's kind of a mess. But it gets kinda weird and interesting mechanically (though it's never really that challenging).

But hey, I was right about Dusk, so maybe I was right about this?

(This has a bunch of walking-simmy narrative stuff tho if you're not into that)

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
I think the story and ideas it presents makes this perhaps the best walking simmy of its kind besides Edith Finch? at least it kept me engaged all the way to the end. I will say though that by the end it kind of gets lost in its own ass but I really do appreciate what they went for and tried to do. It's ambitious in a way that very few games of this budget are. Regardless though, the score and sound mixing are unlike anything I've ever experienced in any game.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I think the story and ideas it presents makes this perhaps the best walking simmy of its kind besides Edith Finch? at least it kept me engaged all the way to the end. I will say though that by the end it kind of gets lost in its own ass but I really do appreciate what they went for and tried to do. It's ambitious in a way that very few games of this budget are. Regardless though, the score and sound mixing are unlike anything I've ever experienced in any game.
So, yes it absolutely goes up its own ass, yes it mostly earns it, and yes its soundtrack is absolutely fantastic.

As I said, Deriviere is Kyd and Wintory-tier for me now. That dude is amazing at his job.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Prey. Easily the best part of Prey. Except the part where I spent like 4x as long in the endgame because I was chasing a hidden ending that doesn't actually exist. (Right at the tail end of reaching it I looked it up and NOTHING. Agghhhhhhhh.)

I liked what they were going for, and see where their design decisions are coming from... but, man, I wish they were more focused in the delivery. It's like the story and gameplay belong to different games and got mixed together at the eleventh hour. Which makes sense given its troubled development history, I guess, but is still a bummer all the same.

They have really weird article titles 'cause they need that Facebook SEO, which mandates a specific length and phrasing or something. They've talked about it before.

It makes their podcasts impossible to find, but fortunately acast and Spotify have you covered. (Which is a double bummer because they actually have some great stuff in the podcast companion article, like helpful links.)

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
I was really worried about Bloodstained, and yeah the visuals are underwhelming.
But other than that I have had a pretty great time with it so far.

Hard to see how if you are a fan of the previous metroidvanias you wouldn't like this one.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
I love metroidvanias while being mostly indifferent towards Metroid or Castlevania.
Same

Also Mass Effect 3 was a game i finished and went "That was great! I loved everything about it!" Then I went online and found out I was wrong.

2 is clearly the best, but I really enjoyed 3. I haven't gone back to it though

Status
Not open for further replies.