• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Babby On Twitter

Votes: 36 12.1%
  • Good Luck Vinny

Votes: 94 31.6%
  • When Someone Pings The Heavy Ammo, I Don't Feel Like They Care About Me As A Person

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 87 29.3%
  • A Dark Hedgehog With A Fucking Machine Gun

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • Lol

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • SMART GAME GOING BAMMER

Votes: 25 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
i went to go check if ring fit was in stock at JB cos i heard it was incredibly hard to get and the guy taps on his phone for like 30 seconds, goes 'i think i have one in the back', goes and grabs it, bam, i'm out a bunch of money. Dang and I just got #FE. Time to dual wield Switch JRPGs
I bought Ring Fit on thursday, then promptly fucked up my back friday night moving some rock salt so I haven't been able to play it.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
#EarlyAccess

5iIsxsC.png

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017
I'm real curious when I'll start buying 2020 games.

I'm going to use this "lack of" games coming out to try and get back into reading. I've severely neglected reading books for waayy too long, but I recently had to read a leadership book for my work and it made me realize how much I used to love reading. So I downloaded the Hyperion series, and hoping some fun sci-fi get's me back into it!

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I really fucking appreciate that video progress syncs up between the website and the Android app. It's super useful!

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
My 2013 Playstation Gold Headset finally broke tonight. I have a wide head and I'm surprised they lasted this long. The right cup is just sort of loose now. I could probably rope it down with some elastic bands but it's my birthday in a week so I guess this gives me something to ask for from my family.

On an unrelated note, Sony Playstation Gold Headsets are really decent surround-sound headsets with a little dongle you need to make them work and little else, and they'll survive for seven years!

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Bought Short Hike yesterday and played like 20 minutes. So far seems like a lovely game and the flying mechanic is pretty satisfying so that's cool.

Im also still playing Red Dead 2 and I don't really get why Dan hated it so much given he likes the first game a ton. It's just a bigger version of that, the controls haven't bothered me at all.

Anyway, there's still a lot for me to play without any 2020 stuff.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017

I'm gonna be hardcore playing this week trying to make progress on some games to try to build my Era GOTY list. I have so many games I've bought that I haven't started/finished yet and several games I would still want to get. Can't imagine me buying many 2020 games this spring either.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I already bought Iceborne and DJ Max on PC this year. Next purchase will probably be Yakuza Remastered Collection.

Hooray for these new 2020 games!

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Woke up to a 2FA text from Steam on my phone, so someone maybe got pretty close to hacking my account, which feels not great. Changed my password and it doesn't look like they got in so I should be okay?

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
Woke up to a 2FA text from Steam on my phone, so someone maybe got pretty close to hacking my account, which feels not great. Changed my password and it doesn't look like they got in so I should be okay?
Yeah

But if you have any other type of account that uses teh same email especially pass combo, change it asap

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

I get them for my Blizzard and Origin accounts all the time

that's the magic of 2FA

not today motherfucker!!

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah

But if you have any other type of account that uses teh same email especially pass combo, change it asap
Yeah I checked, fortunately I made an effort to make all of my passwords unique some time ago, at least for the major things. But there are probably who knows how many old accounts for services I no longer use out there from back when I used to use variations of the same pass.

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
Yeah I checked, fortunately I made an effort to make all of my passwords unique some time ago, at least for the major things. But there are probably who knows how many old accounts for services I no longer use out there from back when I used to use variations of the same pass.
Thats good atleast.

I imagine your email will get alotta spam in a shortwhile. "X has requested a password reset".

God speed nora.

DannyGlover

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm staying at an airbnb in a kind of shady area on vacation and I think the train is pissed at someone because its been honking its horn for the past 5 minutes at 2:30 AM in the morning

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I'm gonna be hardcore playing this week trying to make progress on some games to try to build my Era GOTY list. I have so many games I've bought that I haven't started/finished yet and several games I would still want to get. Can't imagine me buying many 2020 games this spring either.

I think I might start buying 2020 games like by Summer time. There's still so many stuff from last year I want to play (like Disc Elysium, Pokémon and Fire Emblem) plus stuff even older that I don't see anything coming soonish that takes precedence.

Actually, Animal Crossing might be the excepcion. I will wait for Doom since that will drop price pretty quickly anyway.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Holy crap I am way too old for Apex and the likes. A younger me would have loved the shit out of it and would be playing it constantly... but now... zero fun to have.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Holy crap I am way too old for Apex and the likes. A younger me would have loved the shit out of it and would be playing it constantly... but now... zero fun to have.

It was fine at launch but the people still playing are absolutely brutal lol.

It's the trajectory of all these battle royales tbh. PUBG was the same.

SeriuzBiznus

Jan 14, 2020
London, UK
It was fine at launch but the people still playing are absolutely brutal lol.

It's the trajectory of all these battle royales tbh. PUBG was the same.

I wouldn't limit that to just Battle Royales. I always find the skill gap in any online multiplayer (shooting games in particular) tends to run away from me. Unless you're consistently playing and keeping up with the meta, you're not going to cut it above the casual level.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019

Yeah, I look forward to seeing new releases this year soon as well but I find it weird the impatient tone some people take when talking about how there hasn't been a big new release in any given period. There are so many games that come out - do a lot of people here really only play games when they're new, and if nothing new is something out, they just play nothing? So foreign to me.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't limit that to just Battle Royales. I always find the skill gap in any online multiplayer (shooting games in particular) tends to run away from me. Unless you're consistently playing and keeping up with the meta, you're not going to cut it above the casual level.

Rocket League is an absolute dick with the skill increase. Get to a point where you think you're pretty good, then go away a while come back and fucking ceiling flying dribble shots are just the damn norm. Guess I just suck now and have to quit.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017

This is true but the difference was starker with BR because when they blew up, no one knew how to play them. The difference of what you could get away with 3 month in vs a year in was gigantic and not just in a "wow they are so much faster than me" way.

It's probably also because i know my limits in a fighting game or CS but felt that winning a few times an evening in PUBG was "normal" and now even surviving a "spicy" landing is a small victory.

Rocket League is an absolute dick with the skill increase. Get to a point where you think you're pretty good, then go away a while come back and fucking ceiling flying dribble shots are just the damn norm. Guess I just suck now and have to quit.

Oh yeah, felt that with Rocket league too.

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is also why whenever people ask "what fighting game should I get into" I would always recommend they jump in with a new one, unless they're only gonna play offline anyway. That's what I did with Tekken 7 at launch and that allowed me to play people online who weren't instantly going to demolish me. And I eventually became pretty decent at it, I'd like to think. Better than I've ever been at any other fighting game at least.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
I need a real life friend to go on the fighting game journey with me to be able to stick with it.

Online is fun and all but it's not the same without someone to chase after (or be chased by).

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked at how good AC Rogue looks on Switch. I'll stick to the XBX, but all things considered, it looks great and runs with a solid frame rate

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Unless it's Gears then the multiplayer is pretty savage from day 1 because those guys started playing Gears 1 death match and never stopped.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
As Portuguese we have been following this Isabel dos Santos story pretty close.

the craziest part to me is how she acts like she is a self made women when she is the daughter of the dictator her country.

she also tried to claim racism by the newspaper accusing her when she (and her family) made their money on the backs of people from Angola just like colonizers did. You can't be on an high pedestal when you are the daughter of a dictator and made a ton of money thanks to that.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
This is true but the difference was starker with BR because when they blew up, no one knew how to play them. The difference of what you could get away with 3 month in vs a year in was gigantic and not just in a "wow they are so much faster than me" way.

It's probably also because i know my limits in a fighting game or CS but felt that winning a few times an evening in PUBG was "normal" and now even surviving a "spicy" landing is a small victory.

It's a bummer how much this pushes me away from going back to games I would probably enjoy going back to, because I know if I did it would probably just be a miserable experience at first until I pushed through the re-adjustment to new content I've never seen, but other people have been playing for ages. I loved playing PUBG when it was a new thing and still just one map, but now? Screw that, I'm not going to have an awful time playing for days until I internalize all the hotspots and good weapons again when other people will wipe the floor with me due to my ignorance. It's just not really much fun.

I started playing Modern Warfare last week and that game is pretty good (Blops 4 is better, don't @ me) but even a game that's only been out for a few months is a rough adjustment, since I clearly don't know shit about these maps until I've played them a few times, so getting dropped into a map I know 100% nothing about just ends up with me getting wrecked from people in nooks and crannies I didn't even imagine were there. After a few days I'm doing fine but it's never a very welcoming experience and I don't blame people for not wanting to deal with it.

I've wanted to play more Age of Empires 2 DE but lol screw ever trying to be competitive in one of the most hardcore RTS communities that's existed for 20 years now.

Oct 25, 2017
Reading Era lately has just been a big experience in second hand embarrassment. More than usual I mean.
Surely you're exagg--
pc gamers hurt the medium to be honest. TLOUs has helped it big time bringing in $ dollars and people to gaming. If pc gamers cared a little less about specs and didn't mention them in every game thread and just talked about the game then and only then will they start helping the medium instead of scaring people away.

Status
Not open for further replies.