• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TOP, TOP, TOP!

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Alexis Alexander Navarro

Votes: 44 14.5%
  • Speaking Of Cum Stains, Shout Out To Our Seamen

Votes: 100 33.0%
  • The Andy Rooney Of Video Games

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • Got Caught Toobin'

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Everyone Left Me Again

Votes: 111 36.6%
  • Hope You Like Some Worg Taint!

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Wish Ben all the best. He got a lot of unwarranted hit over the years but I enjoyed pretty much everything he did (except Kingdom Heartache). Also always appreciated that he was willing to go deeper into games.

liquiddragon

Jun 20, 2020
It terms of pure game coverage, Ben was doing it better than anyone there. Was kinda sad to see how much effort he gave to the games he was assigned and how much the old timers phoned it in.

ashbash159

Oct 27, 2017
It's almost been a year since I stopped watching Giant Bomb after having being loyal to them for 10 years.

Do you think the site changed over the previous year? Their content honestly looked like more of the same and I had lost all interest in seeing it because I feel like I've seen it all before. Just interested in knowing about the state of the website even though I've not took notice of the previous year.

Typographenia

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Going to miss Ben, and I wish him the best in his future endeavors.

His passion and interest in the job were always obvious. Very glad he was a part of GB for as long as he was, and his presence will be missed.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Well there goes my hopes for a rebooted "Get on my Level". Ben was the only one with the talent for that still there. :c

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
oh jeez. Giant bomb is a bunch of oldies now :( poor Ben I hope he has something lined up. He has a lot of talent and great perspectives to offer.

Twin Tails

Oct 25, 2017
giant bomb 2022
gtg5rK9.jpg

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All the best to Ben.

I understand why they've haven't been able to do so yet, but they really need to get some fresh blood on the team. They haven't been this bare-bones since before Dan and Jason joined.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Let it be known that if it wasn't for Kingdom Heartache, we wouldn't have had Business Dave in front of the camera at all. You'll be missed, Ben Pack. I'll mostly miss how he dives deep into games when talking about them especially during GOTY time.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Best wishes to Ben. He was a really good addition to the Giantbomb crew. I can totally see where he's coming from though. I don't think I could take that kind of attention and scrutiny from all corners of the internet. The whole public figure thing seems like it sucks ass. Especially in gaming.

Here's hoping they can get some more diverse talent in there.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
That's a bummer about Ben. Best of luck to him.

Bit weird to have lost Dan, Abby and Ben the past year. It's been nice to watch Dan and Abby on Twitch though, takes the sting out of it a little.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Guess you can tell it wasn't a planned thing since it would have been easier to do like what Abby did and not even start the transition to the new ownership if it was something like that. These times have been hard and I hope he finds something that works for him.

Giant Bomb is gonna have a hard time with new talent. Like no matter what you run into the same problem of lack of upward mobility.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, just saw the news 😔

I love Ben. The aftershow has secretly been some of the best GiantBomb content the last few years, and he played a tonne of stuff that wouldn't get talked about on the Bombcast otherwise (and just played more games in general than the old Bombcast men lol). He got better and better at his job over the past few years, and really grew into it. He bounced off Jeff and Jan so well.

I'm bummed to see him go. Hope he lands a good gig somewhere else.

May 5, 2018
I just saw the news too. ☹️

I'll definitely miss Ben. His content overtime became really fun to watch such and had some great chemistry with Jeff and Jan. Also I found that overtime, my tastes in games tended to connect with Ben the most out of anyone on the GB crew. Heck he, the rest of the scientists as well as a few outside sources helped me get more into fighting games. So yeah, will miss him but wish him the best on his future endeavors!

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
I wasn't a huge fan of Ben, but man, losing him sucks. Hope he's able to find happiness and take some time to relax and detox, if the behind-the-camera stuff was taking its toll. I definitely don't wish any ill on him even if I didn't LOVE his content or whatever.

I really truly hope Jan doesn't leave too but at this point I wouldn't be too surprised. Makes me wonder if they ever truly will hire new staff, or if what we see is what we have until Jeff/Brad/Vinny decide they're done and move on and the site all but dies.

cubistic

Oct 27, 2017
Well at least we can all take solace in knowing that Ben can finally pursue his dream of becoming a full-time VTuber.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't a huge fan of Ben

Like I feel the same, but much like Abby he provided another separate voice/pov on certain things that I feel would be lacking if left to the "old crew" that I do enjoy more. Without him we wouldn't have had anyone that cared to play Disco Elysium, or skilled enough to do get on my level. Hell, in this most recent podcast he gave a shout out to a game no one else on the crew would have mentioned and was amazing; Crosscode.

The biggest problem with a bunch of the things I listen to/stop listening to is that it's a bunch of people giving the same take and agreeing with each other. Even if I hard disagreed with him on certain subjects it was better than having the same takes over and over and noone speaking out with an alternative. Which is the biggest problem I see going forward with the increasingly smaller staff.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I feel so disconnected from Giant Bomb but I still love this community. Last piece of content I watched was the Worst 90s song.

Also I'm not in the right headspace because of the shit going on in America but I just wanted to stop in and wish my best to Ben Pack who I enjoyed in small doses.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Ben leaving sucks because I felt he was the one actually trying to keep up with games and game news.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Ben was the best at keeping up with actually playing games. They're quadrupling down on the "I read somewhere that..." discussion without him.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I am not gonna pretend that I'm sad that Ben is leaving, because I often found his attempts at humour (which were constant) intensely obnoxious, but I do wish the best for him and whatever he does going forward. I know others have felt the way I did about Ben but took it to shitty extremes and harassed him for it, so I can get wanting to step away from all that.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
It does feel kinda scary that GB lost Dan, Abby, and Ben within one year. Plus, as mentioned, Jan likely won't be there forever either. Not trying to be all doom and gloom, but it makes me worried for the future of the site.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I need to get back to Immortals and preorder Hitman 3.

Not sure I want to do elusive targets much more, the anxiety is too much lol

Status
Not open for further replies.