• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• LIVE SKIT HERE

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • There's Some Gift Giving, Hades Shit, Everyone's Horny

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • The Essence Of Pickle Is Afoot

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Here She Comes O'brian

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Le Freakzilleau

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You Guessed It, I'm The Captain

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Get Forked

Votes: 48 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Discords can be fun. Though it is more of a chatroom than a forum but that can also depend on the moderation of a particular discord server
I love the idea of a discord. Maybe I'm doing it wrong (and I'm in a bunch) but it's so hard to follow.

Like if I make a reply and don't check back for a day or a few hours, the next time I open discord it doesn't have it where I left off. It's some random point in time.

So I have to hope someone uses the direct reply function or I have to scroll and scroll and scroll and try to find the time area where I said something to see if anyone replied off hand

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
OIP.J2_V79DlrMzNQ8amzrznDAHaFQ
Too soon, too soon

I sure hope they beat the Chiefs next week

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
For all the technical enhancements on display, Motive's decision to make the characters in DSR look like Andromeda NPCs is puzzling

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love the idea of a discord. Maybe I'm doing it wrong (and I'm in a bunch) but it's so hard to follow.

Like if I make a reply and don't check back for a day or a few hours, the next time I open discord it doesn't have it where I left off. It's some random point in time.

So I have to hope someone uses the direct reply function or I have to scroll and scroll and scroll and try to find the time area where I said something to see if anyone replied off hand
You can search discord for anytime your name is mentioned.

The thing with discord is keep your servers to a minimum. I have two that I frequent. Other that I'm in but don't bother with. It would be impossible to keep up. And then accept you're just going to miss a lot of the conversation. Once you accept that, it's a really fun thing to be a part of.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria

patriciodcj

Oct 25, 2017
Bäregrabe

Oh yeah a ton of Discord channels are very fast going but that also depends on a. the size of a particular discord, b the topic of a channel and c. the rules set for a channel. You can for example make it so that you have to wait for up to 2 minutes between messages which encourages a slower discussion culture.

Discords servers and channels inside those servers can be more like a forum if they are small enough.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
I like friend discords. I don't like community discords.

5-10 people is discords prime usability for me.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I am on a few Discord servers, but I mainly only read and use one (Warframe clan). I would actually leave a few, but I hate that everyone on the server will get a notification. I want to leave silently.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to sign up for Discord once, but it wanted so much personal information I bailed.

I can sign onto IRC without an email OR having to hand out my phone number.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure? I am pretty sure I saw that - it may have been bots.
The main channel will get a bot post saying someone left, but no one is notified of it. If they happen to be in the main channel when you leave, they'll see it. But otherwise nothing. And you're leaving the server anyway, no one will care. People leave servers, especially big ones, all the time with no warning

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User banned (permanent): Openly admitting to using a hate site for the purpose of ban investigation
Is there any way to check bans? There was that kiwifarms site (yeah I know, but it was scraping the ResetEra forum for bans and infractions) but it seems to be gone?

Dixie didn't seem a bad sort..

empo

Jan 27, 2018
phil spencer thread
rip
Is there any way to check bans? There was that kiwifarms site (yeah I know, but it was scraping the ResetEra forum for bans and infractions) site but it seems to be gone?

Dixie didn't seem a bad sort..
yeah I just go to their post history and mass open everything, usually it's something not that far back
if you hover over the user you can click messages even if their profile is removed

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
yeah I just go to their post history and mass open everything, usually it's something not that far back
if you hover over the user you can click messages even if their profile is removed

This is also what I do because I'm too curious/nosy I guess. Like every time I see a banned person I try to hunt down the reason and at times it gets hard.

Also said recently for a different reasons but; shit sux.

Last edited:

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
well with the way we are bleeding members, next thread will be the last one

that's not to say Stolen Sheeps ban wasn't deserved, for the record

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Will Giant Bomb shut down first or the thread get all its members banned and the rest leave for some private Discord

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
This forum isn't a good discussion forum, and hasn't been for quite some time.

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
Me to the mods:

You all have lost your absolute fucking minds.

Any more of this bullshit after I post will be actioned accordingly.

Leave, stay, do whatever you need to do to prepare yourselves.

Oct 28, 2017
It is pretty wild that you can spend years on this forum and then you get perma'ed seemingly because you posted in a thread the mods decided to hit hard.