• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• A Place To Put Your Unrequited Feelings

Votes: 93 45.8%
  • A Usable Plastic Ass

Votes: 38 18.7%
  • It’s Too Late for Everything

Votes: 27 13.3%
  • Weedspeakers.com

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • Kiss My Vitruvian Ass

Votes: 19 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Absent

Oct 26, 2017
Why is this not just the OP:

p9eo0wG.gif

A work of art.

New thread smell though!

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
But it's not an RPG! It's a stealth game... like commandos.

And clearly Commandos is hugely relevant to GB's interest. If you squint it kind of looks like metal gear......

Seriously though, Desperados is pretty good. I didn't know it was on steam.

Also, i think desperados, commandos ect. are among the series that were much more popular in germany/central europe than in the US. I have nothing to back it up but I had the impression the games were kind of big back then.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Also, i think desperados, commandos ect. are among the series that were much more popular in germany/central europe than in the US. I have nothing to back it up but I had the impression the games were kind of big back then.

So is it about stealth farming then?

Or stealth logistics management sim?

bakedpony

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished the secret dungeon in FFXV last week. That would be one hell of a Breaking Brad feature

Twin Tails

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing Ori. It felt good getting through the Ginso Tree in one try. (Doing DE playthrough for first time, did runs of original on PC and Xbox so I had that shit memorized.) Still a very great moment with a very excellent track.
Yeah that was a real burner.
Did Brad get to play? I needed to go to bed since it was 1am or something.
brad was mia

Last edited:

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Ben got the short end of the stick there. OT title picked by a bunch of garbage boys. I had to bow out after about an hour of the new Murder Island as it felt far too much like their early attempts where nothing happens for 30 minutes and then they die in a hail of gunfire. At least they shoot more.

You did do a good job with the OP DM, so there's that.

May 5, 2018
Hey Folks, finally posting in the new thread.

Listened to Dan on 5by5 and is he reviewing Octopath Traveler or does he just have an early copy of it?

Oct 26, 2017
new thread whoop.

I had been making my way through old random PC game eps and that Outcast moment is still an all time great.

I miss Dave

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I wonder how often Ben gets asked to grab things off high shelves for shorter people at a grocery store...

Because I get it a lot.

I'm only 5'10

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
listen I haven't really watched any Gundam, but

is it still wholesome when Char's front and center

May 5, 2018
Hoping they QL Pato Box.

ScreamingMadden its on Switch, it's a mix of Mad World's art style and the boxing mechanics of Punch Out.

Check out the trailer if you haven't.
Yeah sounds like a Dan QL. I've had my eye on Pato Box and might pick it up at some point. This is Octopath Week for me so I'll probably be busy with that, but I'm definitely interested in Pato Box. Another bird game coming out on the Switch this week is Bomb Chicken, which already is getting good reviews too.

Or, I could try out Pato Box before Octopath. I'll think about it.

Oct 27, 2017
I have a weird conundrum regarding my PC:

I built my computer a while back and some of the parts are a bit aging (not slow or anything, just a bit old). Specifically, I have relatively slower DDR3 RAM. I'd love to upgrade it to modern and fast DDR4 buuuuuut

To upgrade my RAM to faster and modern DDR4, I'd need to swap out my motherboard. If I do that, I'd have to get a new processor. My current CPU is an LGA1155 and any mobo that supports DDR4 doesn't support LGA1155.

So if I want to eventually upgrade my RAM I'm required to dumping money into a new mobo AND processor.

Which makes the talk about getting a Rift more complicated because if I'm going to dump money into my computer I might a well go all the way and upgrade the whole thing.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Blasphemy.

I can send you charts and stuff you want to start.

I appreciate the thought but I have a number of friends who are big fans so I'd probably just go to them

(and knowing me I'd just start from the original or the movies of it; alternatively a Patreon I back does a Gundam podcast so I could just follow what they've watched ASG style)

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I have a weird conundrum regarding my PC:

I built my computer a while back and some of the parts are a bit aging (not slow or anything, just a bit old). Specifically, I have relatively slower DDR3 RAM. I'd love to upgrade it to modern and fast DDR4 buuuuuut

To upgrade my RAM to faster and modern DDR4, I'd need to swap out my motherboard. If I do that, I'd have to get a new processor. My current CPU is an LGA1155 and any mobo that supports DDR4 doesn't support LGA1155.

So if I want to eventually upgrade my RAM I'm required to dumping money into a new mobo AND processor.

Which makes the talk about getting a Rift more complicated because if I'm going to dump money into my computer I might a well go all the way and upgrade the whole thing.
If you need extra performance, make the upgrades.

If you're doing it just for a Rift, flush your money down the toilet instead.

Still not seen one killer app for VR, as cool as the tech is.

vectorj

Oct 30, 2017
I appreciate the thought but I have a number of friends who are big fans so I'd probably just go to them

(and knowing me I'd just start from the original or the movies of it; alternatively a Patreon I back does a Gundam podcast so I could just follow what they've watched ASG style)

Just watch War in the Pocket. It's the last thing Gundam I consumed and I think it perfectly encapsulates what gundam wants to be about.

Someone dug it up for me while taking some literature course on representations of war.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
trust me, I know the recommendation is to watch War in the Pocket and 08th MS Team, hah