Status
Not open for further replies.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Someone should tell Vinny the Gravel website has full backstories for all the characters (which means they're characters sorry)

In life I have found I am very good at three things: driving, playing guitar and skating. Why should I choose one?

Growing up in Ventura across the 80s and the 90s means fully absorbing the Californian lifestyle, a revolution based on surf, skate and rock music.
Then, if your father was a fan of stadium races and you had spent your childhood among dizzying leaps and spectacular crashes, it is very likely that you have learnt to love even that world. Scott Parker today is the result of this incredible childhood.

His talent behind the wheel shows that he has not forgotten the teachings of his father and his choices show that he really does not lack courage.

Two years ago, when he announced a break from racing to record an album with his band, there were those who gave his racing career for finished, but he came back behind the wheel.
As a true rock star, he galvanizes himself when he hears the roar of the crowd, and he becomes unbeatable in Stadium Circuit races. When it comes to taming hundreds of supercharged horsepower, he is the undisputed king.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
3010875-vlcsnap-2018-04-05-10h12m29s819.jpg

Breakfast 'N' Ben - 04/05/18
The best part of waking up is rat blood in your cup.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Well they've remade it so it looks nice and modern. But it's a collectathon, and we've had Yooka Laylee recently which didn't turn out well, and Snake Pass which went pretty well. Crash sold gangbusters too. So we'll see, although I think with nostalgia it'll be enough to hold up
pure nostalgia. my youngest brother was a huge fan when they were coming out so as the baby he always got the games he wanted. I played them all to completion because why not?

they're not good games.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
pure nostalgia. my youngest brother was a huge fan when they were coming out so as the baby he always got the games he wanted. I played them all to completion because why not?

they're not good games.
I don't think the Crash games are good either, but one of my friends grew up on Playstation, and he doesn't play a ton of games now, but loved the Crash trilogy growing up. When he saw they got remakes he was pumped as hell and he went out and got them. I watched him play some of them and I just thought it was bullshit, but he was loving it. I think the fresh coat of paint + nostalgia is playing into it, but to them, the games hold up today with these remakes. I think Spyro will be the same

Ok, I'm gonna need a link to that madness.
It's the thread talking about MS having marketing rights for Borderlands 3, Cyberpunk, Anthem, etc. None of those games would be on Switch anyway

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man. I hope E3 will be good to you. I'm easy to please when it comes to video games. From Kriby to Far Cry 5, I'm down for it. There's always something I'm looking forward to.

What about Octopath btw? That looks lovely.

Two words. Dream Daddy.

I actually forgot Octopath was this year and yes that is my #1 title right now (well that and BFA)

But yeah as far as what's out i'm pretty content. I've played what I am going to play of both Monster Hunter and DBZ, and FarCry isn't my jam, but I'm enjoying Ni No Kuni2 a whole hell of a lot, enjoying Kirby a ton.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I downloaded the Octopath demo when it came out and never actually played it... I should probably fix that at some point...

Oct 25, 2017
Enter the Gungeon is really great on Switch. Was starved for content and this was an excellent pickup. One can only play so much Binding of Isaac.

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Outside of Rockstar/Take Two and their PC versions, I don't think publishers "hold back" versions in hopes of people buying games twice. It's silly to imagine they would do that with Switch versions.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation exclusive talk is always good for a laugh on the bombcast. I feel like the crew (espeicallly Jeff) have always been pretty dismissive of that stuff.

Also, Jeff is off his rocker if he actually thinks EA is going to look to Burnout Paradise for their next arcade racing game instead of putting out another NFS.
It really does elevate games for me. The game being on Switch will finally be what gets me to play Undertale.
Easily the best console ever made

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Outside of Rockstar/Take Two and their PC versions, I don't think publishers "hold back" versions in hopes of people buying games twice. It's silly to imagine they would do that with Switch versions.

That's true, and some of it is just weird like the FF PC ports.

Either way, it seems like Spyro on the Ninty store was leaked lol

OnionPowder

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Watching the new murder island stream

my god brad has a vector and an S12K and is sitting on an M416.

Picks up the 5.56 ammo which none of his guns use and then walks away.

screaming inside

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so glad PUBG never came to PS4.

This way I never learned the game properly and don't have to be justifiably angry when Brad does the wrong thing all the time.

For the record I love Brad and don't think Giant Bomb would be Giant Bomb without him.

Last edited:

Deleted member 21693

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
9ue82G4.png

They didn't announce it for the Switch. That is about as upfront as you can get, lol

Has 42 upvotes btw
Of course it will release on Switch. I reckon they'd rather announce it when it's closer to release and in the best case scenario they'll do it during a Nintendo Direct.

I'd rather they just said yeah it's coming but it will take a long time so there no release date for it.

But it's just video games so no reason to be angry over this anyway.

Last edited:

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's more likely Nintendo would rather announce multiplatform games on their own to pad out directs instead of have it announced with everything else

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's more likely Nintendo would rather announce multiplatform games on their own to pad out directs instead of have it announced with everything else
I didn't think of it that way, but you're likely right.

Watching this Pi video makes me want to get a Pi to fuck around with. Even if it just ends up as a Pi-Hole that's pretty cool.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How was the live drive, fellas? Jeff, Abby, Vinny and Alex in a car sounds like the makings of good content.

Status
Not open for further replies.