Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Could have sworn there were already rules in place to avoid trolling via Giftbot. In any case, a ban was certainly deserved. 🤷‍♀️ It's a dickish prank and not really funny IMO, it also locks out the winner from potential giveaways too

1 gift from Rolodzeo

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Rolodzeo Rolodzeo!

This is a weeklong raffle that will expire in one week. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Rolodzeo said:
Fanatical key, enjoy!

These are our awesome prizes:

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Yeah but this was added retroactively, it wasn't present before this giveaway.
That was edited very recently
This is a weird hill to die on, even if that rule wasn't there why would you want someone to be able to make a fake giveaway for a gag? Pretty sure that is just common sense, the only way this would be okay would be if the person then gives the promised game afterwards to the winner

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
The ban will be lifted if they provide us the promised code for the winner.
lol - joke is truly on 5taquitos now, account is held hostage unless you purchase a full price game for someone

I think this is the right way to go though. I get that it's a joke, but this thread would be terrible (and useless) if people were spamming gag giveaways.

also ivantod does what 5taquitos don't - kudos

GetDigitized

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I was not aware of that. How can I check? I am located in Europe, but not in an EU country.
Maybe check with the company you got it from. I only know because my UK code from the Bandai Namco store didn't work for someone outside the EU and because cdkeys were selling emea locked codes, not sure what countries that covers.

kiich

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jan 2, 2018
futurama-sospecha.gif

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe check with the company you got it from. I only know because my UK code from the Bandai Namco store didn't work for someone outside the EU and because cdkeys were selling emea locked codes, not sure what countries that covers.
Ok well, I got it from Humble Bundle, the store page there doesn't really seem to say anything one way or another and the information on the net seems to be conflicting.

I guess let's see what happens, but be aware that the Elden Ring key MAY be EMEA locked.

Sorry, I didn't realise that for this game key are region locked, apologies! Seems now I've also made a big mess out of this giveaway, it really wasn't intended, I swear!

EDIT: I've asked the mods to add a note in the giveaway post that the key may be EMEA locked.

GetDigitized

Oct 25, 2017
Ok well, I got it from Humble Bundle, the store page there doesn't really seem to say anything one way or another and the information on the net seems to be conflicting.

I guess let's see what happens, but be aware that the Elden Ring key MAY be EMEA locked.

Sorry, I didn't realise that for this game key are region locked, apologies! Seems now I've also made a big mess out of this giveaway, it really wasn't intended, I swear!

EDIT: I've asked the mods to add a note in the giveaway post that the key may be EMEA locked.
Humble are usually good with letting you know. If you unlock the key it should tell you. If it doesn't, guess there's no reason to worry. The "mess" isn't really your fault lol, just Bandai doing weird things.

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
The problem really was a lack of responsible notification. Also if you're really going to do a Bad Rats / Popular New Game giveaway, have multiple keys and make the Popular New Game one of the winners so it feels like an actual game show.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
Gotta say, as someone who's really sick of the constant Elden Ring talk everywhere (still just entered the new giveaway though out of curiosity, full disclosure), this has been some ultra satisfying schadenfreude.

Personally I think the ban is a bit harsh, but the "provide the real key" stipulation is pretty inspired. (Also think the person who got banned for pointing out that racism comes with a lighter sentence has a point, but I don't want to rock the boat, and I get that it's not something to be discussed here).

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Totally justifiable ban. Beyond being against TOS it was just a really cruel thing to do, and a waste of everyone's time.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I don't remember having this much fun here like i had reading the last two pages. Lol

Mods did the right thing imo.

XL Hoodie

Oct 25, 2017
U.S.
He shouldnt bother.

I've sent Elden Ring to him via DM.

If a joke is made at someone's expense, then it's just being an ass innit.
That's very generous of you.

How is Taquitos going to get themselves unbanned now though? They have to hold a 6 months over this? They just thought they had the ultimate April Fools prank, I don't think they meant to be an ass.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
That's very generous of you.

How is Taquitos going to get themselves unbanned now though? They have to hold a 6 months over this? They just thought they had the ultimate April Fools prank, I don't think they meant to be an ass.
I wonder if now they do have regrets, will have to ask him in 6 months lmao

1 gift from Porygon

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Porygon Porygon!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Porygon said:
Nice Punch-Out clone from a Mexican dev, support indies!

HON...I mean QUACK

These are our awesome prizes:

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Hi everyone! The outpouring of generosity in my inbox is so heartwarming.
0xe0x sent me a new steam key with elden ring and im so grateful, ty so much for that! I didnt expect that when coming home from work today. You didnt need to but you did anyways, so I appreciate it so much <3

5taquitos also reached out to me via DM apologizing, saying they'd make it up to me sometime soon, so i thought that should be known as well.
i wasnt sure if it was a mistake or not so thats why i didnt assume anything when i posted earlier today. When i saw the responses about april fools i realized what had happened and was pretty bummed ngl but didnt know the rules about fake giveaways so i didnt say anything.