• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

His #buildingthelist announcements on Playstation's stage shows were always a highlight.

I pretty much attribute giving Yakuza its second chance in the west to Gio as well. His successor will have some big shoes to fill.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
And another one.

For better or worse the team that launch the PS5 is going to be dramatically different than the team that launched the PS4

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time I've really come to grips with the fact that the Vita is dead

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Playstation losing some killer talent. Excited to see where Corsi ends up, he'll undoubtedly make wherever it is a better place

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
His Twitter account is great with his food pics and he seemed like a genuinely good guy, wish him all the best!

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
From the launch of PS4 we've lost Tretton, Hirai, House, Boyes, Layden and now Corsi :(

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Nooo Gio was my favourite after he announced the Western release of Yakuza 5. All the best my hockey sweater wearing bastard.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Lots "faces" of the PS4 gen leaving, but that's OK. Curious to see who will be the faces of the PS5 gen, besides probably Jim Ryan that is.

All the best to you Gio.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Without him the vita would have been dead even earlier in the states. Great guy. Met him a couple times over the years at PlayStation Experience. Big bucket of win.

Seems like the launch PS4 crew is all but gone now. Layden, Boyes, Gio. Shu better be staying put.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Gio was one of the best. He and along with Adam gave Shenmue 3 and Yakuza a second wind.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Building the list was a fantastic project, even if it kinda disappeared a few years ago. Wish him the best. He's leaving some big shoes to fill. Hopefully they revisit the list too, even if PS4/5 will get 99% of new releases, they were great segments of their shows.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Before:

gio%2Bcorsi%2Band%2Bvita.gif

Now:

...Coming to Xbox, PC
and Switch

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Really grateful for what he did to get Yakuza another chance in the west and his other initiatives were great as well.

Wish Gio the best on whatever venture he pursues in the future. #buildingthelist

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Nooooooo, not Gio! He was great. The one dude I didn't want to leave.

All the best to him. Was looking forward to one day seeing him on stage at PSX again, but I guess it was never to be. :(

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
One of my favourites at Sony. One of the only ones who not only acknowledged the Vita but actively helped support it.

Wherever he goes next will be lucky to have him I'm sure.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Man, for better or for worse, the Sony going into PS5 is going to be an almost completely different company than the Sony we had going into PS4.

I'm guessing it'll be worse, because Sony has seriously dropped the ball for me the past couple of years, but oh well. Hopefully Corsi finds a good gig quickly. Always seemed like a nice guy.

Jun 12, 2018
I mean this man is the guy who brought back Shenmue and Yakuza when no one else would give it the time of day.

We owe him alot. Such a great dude

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
I've met Giò at the E3 Mix 2016 and he was the coolest guy. We've talked about Vita, indies, food, Italy and to me is the most friendly person I've met when I was in the industry.
Ciao Giorgio!

el_galvon

Jun 13, 2019
Aww that's a bummer, seems like a really nice guy.

It's sad how long it's been since Sony made a good presentation and now almost all those faces that we are familiar with are gone from the company.

Wish him best of luck in his future endeavors.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

He has been a great servant to Sony. Best of luck to him in the future.

Oct 26, 2017
This is the wrath of Jim Ryan on the PS4 people. He wants new people but he is unlikeable as fuck compared to Layden, House and Corsi.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Damn... Corsi is a legend. Will be greatly missed, thank you for your service!!!