Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so theres only yosp and cerny? i dont remeber the last time yoshida appeared on a conference and cerny will likely be the star on the ps5 reveal, but after that he doesnt usualy appears, so sony will have to put new faces to the brand

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
the more we are hearing about those departures, the more i am starting to think that the article from a few weeks ago about the US branch taking over the EU branch being very wrong.

it all points to the opposite happening, with the US branch power weakening as Jim Ryan has taken over in order to level the 2 to the same level of control.
i might be wrong, but the thought that this is a result of PS US taking over PS EU and then have mostly US playstation executives leave is... odd to say the least.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
PS5 is going to feel like it is from a different company.

Oct 26, 2017
the more we are hearing about those departures, the more i am starting to think that the article from a few weeks ago about the US branch taking over the EU branch being very wrong.

it all points to the opposite happening, with the US branch power weakening as Jim Ryan has taken over in order to level the 2 to the same level of control.
i might be wrong, but the thought that this is a result of PS US taking over PS EU and then have mostly US playstation executives leave is... odd to say the least.

they did put mlb 19 on ps+ for europe

what were they thinking

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
so theres only yosp and cerny? i dont remeber the last time yoshida appeared on a conference and cerny will likely be the star on the ps5 reveal, but after that he doesnt usualy appears, so sony will have to put new faces to the brand

Cerny isn't a Sony employee, he's contracted help I believe.

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Bless that guy for whatever he did to help bring Yakuza back to the west. I also loved his presence at the press conferences....."And.....on the Vita"

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Cerny doesn't even work for Sony. He's just a third party contractor they bring in for help with hardware engineering.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Playstation US has officially run out of people I could name.

A real bloodbath happened over there.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I owe this dude a lot of thanks for the Yakuza push that got me into the franchise, which turned into my favourite series of all time. Hope he finds a cool new gig!

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
He helped get Y5 localized and I will always be thankful to him for that.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Man, for better or for worse, the Sony going into PS5 is going to be an almost completely different company than the Sony we had going into PS4.

I'm guessing it'll be worse, because Sony has seriously dropped the ball for me the past couple of years, but oh well. Hopefully Corsi finds a good gig quickly. Always seemed like a nice guy.
I mean we have to wait for the PS5 to really judge the situation. But the second half of the PS3 and the PS4 until 2018 was fantastic and yeah these are some big shoes to fill.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Boyes, Drake and now Corsi. Shu is the only public facing person with any personality left and they keep him locked up in a closet apparently. RIP fun Sony.

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
Shu's last stage appearance might have been when he revealed Bloodbourne.

There are still old PlayStation veterans working in the company that aren't enjoying the limelight such as Michael Denny and Scott Rhodes.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
All these PS5 announcements are wild. Y'all were right. We are hearing next gen announcements from Sony before 2019 is over

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean we have to wait for the PS5 to really judge the situation. But the second half of the PS3 and the PS4 until 2018 was fantastic and yeah these are some big shoes to fill.

Yeah, it really feels like the ground started to shift right around 2018. It's a shame. Hopefully they have some big ideas for next gen, because I really am not interested in "Xbox: Brought to you by Sony" the way it's starting to feel these days.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Honestly I think a lot of them have left with insane severance packages at this point with stock options being high as hell. And I attribute them leaving like some hinted at being US not being as big as a focus as Europe in terms of control.

And when you look at the split on sales for games, it makes sense.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I'll miss the "building the list" segments because I was usually more interested in those than whatever AAA game that we all knew was coming anyway.

Yakuza 5 was the biggest surprise for me at E3 in years and years.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
He will forever remain in my memory because of the Yakuza 5 localization announcement.
Thank you for everything Gio.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
I also think the fallout from having Layden leave so quickly could be these people respected him, and I think because he was a legacy man your seeing people leave while the stocks, and severance is at it's highest.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
From the launch of PS4 we've lost Tretton, Hirai, House, Boyes, Layden and now Corsi :(

6ifcURl.gif

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Jim Ryan wants his people in there. This happens all the time when the top brass changes. They want people that they chose, to support their vision for the company.

This is very common.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer, I like Gio. Very curious to see where he's going next.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'd fucking love one of those PS Vita shirts!

So long Gio. Thanks for all the work!

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it really feels like the ground started to shift right around 2018. It's a shame. Hopefully they have some big ideas for next gen, because I really am not interested in "Xbox: Brought to you by Sony" the way it's starting to feel these days.
I still tell myself that we are in the generation transition and that Sony will have a massive start with PS5. But it's probably "just" Horizon 2 and the usual third-party games and loads of ports until deep into 2022, hehe.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I still tell myself that we are in the generation transition and that Sony will have a massive start with PS5. But it's probably "just" Horizon 2 and the usual third-party games and loads of ports until deep into 2022, hehe.

That's kind of what I'm expecting, too. I bought my PS4 way too early this gen and spent like 6 months straight exclusively playing Warframe - I'm not going to make the same mistake twice if they drag their feet and expect mediocre third party games and a Horizon sequel to be enough.

Oh well. Saving money is never a bad thing.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Well people leaving on a high isn't really a weird thing and happens quite often. As long as they're properly replaced it should be alright. He probably wants a new challenge after 6+ years with Playstation :P

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I'll always, always appreciate the effort this guy put into keeping Vita alive when Sony clearly gave up on it. Best of luck in his next endeavor.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I wonder how much of this is designed by the corporation. I wonder how much of it is because of their announcement distribution shift (is not events). And I wonder how much of this is just smart individual decision making (ie corporate employee says "I helped lead PlayStation during its most profitable era since PS2"). Because I bet it feels like a complete tonal shift within the Sony PlayStation division walls