Status
Not open for further replies.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Lol, you didn't watch the video, did you? Or read the title of the video?
Nah, which is why I'm only reacting to the way the OP framed the thread title and the tone of their post.

The whole over/mis-use of the word reminds me very much of the same with "slams" when it comes to article titles these days (especially in regards to politics. Ugh.)...

Oct 25, 2017
This was super cathartic to watch. I really don't understand why people defend this game so vehemently.

It's just so aggressively bland in all aspects. I wouldn't use any part of it as an example for other games to follow.
I don't know, it probably has something to do with people acting like it yeeted their cat across the room.

In terms of any example of games to follow, help me and others out. We are looking for an open world game that lets you enjoy the environment with scavenging mechanics and hordes of NPCS trying to kill you. Ya got one?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
This was super cathartic to watch. I really don't understand why people defend this game so vehemently.

It's just so aggressively bland in all aspects. I wouldn't use any part of it as an example for other games to follow.

You really think its the people who liked the game are the ones being aggressive here? lol

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, wow, Days Gone finally broke Shelby. The result was glorious.

As an aside to the review, whilst Days Gone isn't my thing, I can absolutely see why people would like it. Just riding the motorbike around gorgeous vistas looks relaxing.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
It's a shit ass game no one will remember in 5 years

What a bizarre metric. Most games are forgotten in 5 years, even bangers, because we have so many good games nowadays.
regardless, its been 2 years since DG came out and it's still getting people visibily upset for some reason, so I'd say there's a good chance it will be remembered in 3 years time still.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OINXj6N.png

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
wow, i had plans to get the Days Gone™ Digital Deluxe Edition, but that video really changed my mind and now i won't give sony money.

Oct 25, 2017
Are we taking the piss now?

"
A Murder of Days Gone | Girlfriend Reviews
"

A clip on Twitter about how they are going to rip the game and tossing a phone in the trash. Come on...
Soooo, again, it's literally not the title of the video. Thanks.

That's about all the time I have to spare for sometime getting defensive over my assessment of a thread title, you take care!...
What a joke. Oh I see, you have proved your pedantic point and now its off to leave the thread, troll accomplished! I swear this thread is absolutely amazing.

eternalblue

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Days Gone at launch, but didn't get around to playing it until a month or so later due to not being too enthused by the average reviews. I went into it not expecting a stellar story or characters, but hopefully a fun zombie open-world game. I wound up platinuming it and enjoying it a lot more than I expected, and I'd count it as one of my favorite games that I played that year.

That said, I agree with Girlfriend Reviews that it is an average game. They don't say it's horrible or a masterpiece. It seems difficult for some to accept games being rated average/decent and feel like it's being attacked when it doesn't get amazing reviews. They bring up it biggest flaws with its pacing, the annoying amount of quest of walking with a slower-walker-than-you NPC. They show a number of some of the glitches that apparently still exist in the game, but they aren't necessarily even criticizing the game for those glitches, since they are funny and not game-breaking. Visually, it is really nice-looking, and the gameplay can be quite fun taking out different types of enemies and hordes. Despite it initially being unnerving in how unrealistic it is, I got a real kick out of being able to easily ram over and kill enemies with the motorcycle, despite the fact of how running into other objects would injure/kill Deacon.

My hope from Days Gone is that Bend Studios will have learned more of how to better implement storytelling with the videogame's design and create more interesting/intriguing characters that can be emphasized with. My biggest disappointment with there not being a sequel to Days Gone is not seeing what improvements they could bring to another zombie open-world game, especially since I saw a number of quality of life improvements made in Days Gone's updates in the time when I was playing it. I enjoyed the mythos behind Days Gone's world, although I'd prefer they entirely scrap the characters and start with a new cast, and am sad that it won't happen, but am excited to see what new IP they will come out with.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Bro, if I have to explain the difference between the joke title of a light-hearted review and someone claiming that the review figuratively DID murder the game because the review was negative, claiming "they're right" in the OP, to someone old enough to read and type in an online discussion forum,

I'M gonna murder something. JFC, this website IS embarrassing.

Oct 25, 2017
Bro, if I have to explain the difference between the joke title of a light-hearted review and someone claiming that the review figuratively DID murder the game because the review was negative, claiming "they're right" in the OP, to someone old enough to read and type in an online discussion forum,

I'M gonna murder something.
Its honestly okay to say you were wrong, it really is.

If you find the website so embarrassing why are you posting on it?

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I knew it would end in a clash of opinions, but not a 20+ thread. Still, be kind to one another.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'M gonna murder something. JFC, this website IS embarrassing.
Just because it's a funny video doesn't mean the review itself is a joke. It's a pretty honest, thorough evisceration of the game.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Its honestly okay to say you were wrong, it really is.
I pray I never stan an internet personality as passionately as you are, right now.

Just because it's a funny video doesn't mean the review itself is a joke. It's a pretty honest, thorough evisceration of the game.
Let me guess, "eviscerate" is also the title of the review.

You clearly haven't read the rest of this thread, since ArrogantBastard has spent the entirety of this thread shitting on the video and anyone who agrees with it.
What does that have to do with him defending the OP's title?...

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Don't take it too personally if you enjoyed Days Gone. This is the same couple who praised Cyberpunk's handling of its setting in their very positive video review of the game, so while their videos are always entertaining, their critical analysis is frequently weak. But they never claim otherwise. They're just here for the entertainment value.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
This video was 100% worth it just for the DRAMA in this thread

I'm howling

edit: and lol the video does do a good job of making the game LOOK like absolute shit. The writing man, and the design of the main character... 🤣

And omg the dev comments? What the hell, that's hilarious, and sad

Last edited:

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
You clearly haven't read the rest of this thread, since ArrogantBastard has spent the entirety of this thread shitting on the video and anyone who agrees with it.
I'm not sure why I would have to read the rest of this thread when, from the jump, like I said in my second or third post, I'm talking about the OP...

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why I would have to read the rest of this thread when, from the jump, like I said in my second or third post, I'm talking about the OP...
Okay. The video is themed as a takedown, i.e. a murder of a game; hence what GR even referenced it as. Plus the tweet they put out about how they were going to rip it and a gif of putting a phone in the trash.

You are literally getting yourself caught up because you failed to realize the title and now you are digging deeper for what reason exactly. Take the L like Bend did.

You are seriously up in here playing semantics, hey guys they didn't mean literal murder. No shit. Don't stan an internet personality, okay which is that exactly. Crickets.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
I really enjoyed Days Gone, but I can see why people were put off by it. But the Horde stuff really made the game for me.

For me, the horde was a gimmick that got old after one or two run-ins.
When you unlocked all those hordes in post-game I just said "fuck this"
Also, I wasn't that into the premise or characters. It was decent.

MoosGoMoo

Banned
Jan 27, 2021
Don't take it too personally if you enjoyed Days Gone. This is the same couple who praised Cyberpunk's handling of its setting in their very positive video review of the game, so while their videos are always entertaining, their critical analysis is frequently weak. But they never claim otherwise. They're just here for the entertainment value.
I can't remember the CP2077 review in terms of their comments on the setting (but Matt's experience of loving CP2077 on PC echoed my own experience), however calling their critical analysis weak is so wrong.

They literally did the best review of TLOU:P2

Oct 25, 2017
Bro, are you high? You keep talking about a tweet, I'm talking about the overuse of a word in a thread title. What did I "fail to realize"?...

Do you typically put yourself through this much stress to come to a random forum-goers rescue?...
Do you normally walk into at 20+ thread without reading anything and comment about a thread title?

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
I can't remember the CP2077 review in terms of their comments on the setting (but Matt's experience of loving CP2077 on PC echoed my own experience), however calling their critical analysis weak is so wrong.

They literally did the best review of TLOU:P2

That looks like a video dedicated to analysis though, which is fair enough (and thanks! I'll watch this later). I mean their review videos are about prioritising entertainment value, and they've frequently exaggerated or ignored issues with games in their reviews in order to simply make a fun video, so people really shouldn't be taking this so seriously.

Kineticn22

May 25, 2021
Lisboa, Portugal
I've been somewhat interested in this game since it came out on PC, but as I remembered it getting average reviews when it was launched on PS4, I've been careful before parting with my money. So over the past few weeks, I have looked at several opinions and other bits about it and my conclusion has been that the whole discourse around it is so offputting, that my interest is completely gone.

And I mean not only discussions like this one, or the reviews mentioned, but even stuff like tweets that I've seen from the devs and the main voice actor with a kind of smart ass passive aggressive attitude that makes me not want to give them my money.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
So I take it we aren't going to actually engage in a conversation.
Lmao you can quit the sealioning, my guy. You haven't been interested in any meaningful discourse, your goal from the offset was to desperately try and be "correct" about some point you literally pulled out of your ass in responding to me, despite me explaining exactly what I was talking about in my first few posts. Repeating "you didn't see the video title" despite it being right under the thread title I'm talking about doesn't make it true, just like constantly bringing up a random tweet in response to me comparing a completely unrelated journalism practice didn't make your argument any less stupid.

I've suddenly lost interest in this.

MoosGoMoo

Banned
Jan 27, 2021
That looks like a video dedicated to analysis though, which is fair enough (and thanks! I'll watch this later). I mean their review videos are about prioritising entertainment value, and they've frequently exaggerated or ignored issues with games in their reviews in order to simply make a fun video, so people really shouldn't be taking this so seriously.
You're not wrong, but at the same time, I feel like even their goofiest videos still usually nail the essence of a game and has something to say about it.

They made a Dua Lipa parody that nailed the joy and horror of Fall Guys, for example.

They definitely don't do the "enthusiast" style review of old where they focus on every good and bad, but more often than not I feel they nail what they're talking about in a broader way, which is actually a better review style in a lot of ways.

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao you can quit the sealioning, my guy. You haven't been interested in any meaningful discourse, your goal from the offset was to desperately try and be "correct" about some point you literally pulled out of your ass in responding to me, despite me explaining exactly what I was talking about in my first few posts.

I've suddenly lost interest in this.
Sealioning. Okay. You came in here with this:

Nah, which is why I'm only reacting to the way the OP framed the thread title and the tone of their post.

The whole over/mis-use of the word reminds me very much of the same with "slams" when it comes to article titles these days (especially in regards to politics. Ugh.)...

The OP framed the thread and the tone of their post. This was the most tame OP post and framing I have seen in my life. They said RIP to the fact that the video said Murder of Days Gone.

You then engaged some people including me and said I was stanning an internet personality. Now I'm sealioning for asking you which personality that would be. I would like to know which internet personality I'm stanning cause I don't know. Side note, it isn't a 'random' tweet, it is from their twitter about the video they are dropping. I honestly don't get why you are digging in on this so hard. It is apparent from to get go that the review was going to be negative. Which is perfectly fine, it wouldn't be the first, nor would it be out of line as the game is flawed.

Last edited:

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For me, the horde was a gimmick that got old after one or two run-ins.
When you unlocked all those hordes in post-game I just said "fuck this"
Also, I wasn't that into the premise or characters. It was decent.
1. All hordes are there from the very beginning of the game
2. They are only marked on your map around 70% into the game, not post-game

Ok, I stand corrected. Doesn't change my opinion on them though lol.
No worries. Just wanted to correct some info since the game is already misrepresented so much in this thread.

It's of course okay not to enjoy the horde aspect of the game. I honestly thought I wouldn't either before I played the game but somehow I ended up liking it a lot.

This thread proves 99% of Shelby's points, it's hilarious.

And before someone says it, I love Days Gone, but the fanboy shit is so blatant.
Please explain the "fanboy shit". All I see is some drive-by posters calling everyone who likes the game a "fanboy" but never actually goes into detail why they must be fanboys.

What is actually pure cringe and immature is the internet personality stanning going on in this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.