• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
So I have been playing on Give me God of War. I wanted to fight the Valkryies again after beatinf them on hard. in my last playthrough I mostly went after strengths and vitality, but this time I am going after Runic and Defense/Cooldown.

Needless to say this game's combat is just amazing when it flows. I had trouble chaining runic attacks with different weapons because sometimes I would press the button too many times and end up with my fist. Then I just doubd out I can eliminate that mistake if I just press triangle for axe recall to guarantee I switch to axe.

Then I finally found the runic attacks that I can chain with high damage and short start up. It's all very satisfying

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
This game is really amazing. I'm starting to get more runic abilities and unlocking more skills. Combat is so good, and I still don't even have the cool shit I've seen in sunhi GIFs.

Last night I got to the lake and did some side content.

Freed five spirits, completed the dwarf castle quest with the dragon.

Even managed to do two of the realm tears with purple enemies. Felt good to beat them while I was still level one. I also met the other dwarf brother. They're both great! Also, Atreus is awesome. The boy is really starting to be a big help in combat.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So what's the deal with the new game plus patch? Do we have a timeframe?

Tom Glass

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I just love this game. I've never platinumed anything, I've never played a game that made me feel that I have to do it. Well.. that changed. I have 70% of trophies right now and I don't have enough, there is no way that I will not platinum the shit of it:)

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
I'm petty early in the game but I'm looking around and finding a lot of gateways. (Fast travel points?) Each time I find one it shows on the map, but they're almost all greyed out and they say "cannot travel to this yet."

Why?

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Saw this and wtf Cory! What's this big secret? I saw those weird runes but I have no idea what they do. I've been trying to figure this out myself but there's so many, especially in the initial area we find them in. I wonder if those white circles are connected to them.

Oct 27, 2017
I would like help for some things

1)what's the best miselphem and nifelhelm armor sets? I haven't crafted any because I'm scared I'll make a mistake. Also. What are some of the best enchantments in the game and how strong can I make kratos and what gear do I need to be the best I can be?

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would like help for some things

1)what's the best miselphem and nifelhelm armor sets? I haven't crafted any because I'm scared I'll make a mistake. Also. What are some of the best enchantments in the game and how strong can I make kratos and what gear do I need to be the best I can be?
1. Forget about the Muspelheim sets. They look really cool but the Niflheim sets are way better and come soon after.
2. I use Deadly Mist set because it looks the best to me, and has the stats I want out of the Ivaldi sets.
3. Valkyrie set is probably my favorite armor overall. Maxed out, has the best stats for my Kratos "build", and each piece will have 3 enchantments slots like the Ivaldi sets.
4. "The best you can be" depends entirely on what stats you're focused on. Runic attacks are my big focus, so I have high runic, and high cooldown so I could use them more often.
5. Best thing you could do is max out your weapons, max the runics you use most, and probably max out your favorite armor/talisman after that.
6. When you're in Niflheim, don't forget to increase your luck stat to around 90 (half of the luck meter, at least). I have like a million hacksilver I don't need, half a million XP, and lots of extra resources that would usually take more grinding to find, like anchor of fog, thanks to increasing luck stat there. You'll likely be there awhile so best to make the most of it.

Oct 27, 2017
1. Forget about the Muspelheim sets. They look really cool but the Niflheim sets are way better and come soon after.
2. I use Deadly Mist set because it looks the best to me, and has the stats I want out of the Ivaldi sets.
3. Valkyrie set is probably my favorite armor overall. Maxed out, has the best stats for my Kratos "build", and each piece will have 3 enchantments slots like the Ivaldi sets.
4. "The best you can be" depends entirely on what stats you're focused on. Runic attacks are my big focus, so I have high runic, and high cooldown so I could use them more often.
5. Best thing you could do is max out your weapons, max the runics you use most, and probably max out your favorite armor/talisman after that.
6. When you're in Niflheim, don't forget to increase your luck stat to around 90 (half of the luck meter, at least). I have like a million hacksilver I don't need, half a million XP, and lots of extra resources that would usually take more grinding to find, like anchor of fog, thanks to increasing luck stat there. You'll likely be there awhile so best to make the most of it.
How do I increase the luck stat while I'm there? I've focused on a strength build.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do I increase the luck stat while I'm there? I've focused on a strength build.
You could just buy enchantments that increase luck. I remember finding or earning an enchantment that gives 13 luck, too. You don't really need to go about it this way though, it's not totally necessary. You could just try grinding a bit, maybe you'll get luckier than I did in my first playthrough lol. You only need three anchor of fog anyway, but if you want to get rich quick, I do recommend increasing your luck as much as you can for max hacksilver gains. It wasn't until my second playthrough that I tried the luck thing in Niflheim, and I was finding anchor of fog back to back in deeper parts of the maze, which wasn't happening the first time at all. As for strength focus, I did the same in first playthrough.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So I booted up God of War to dabble with the mist some to try and get the armor and man, this game is so good, I've missed it.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
This game is so good. It's already in the running for my favorite game ever and I don't think I'm anywhere near the end. My current main quest is the one to get the chisel. I've been doing a lot of side content.

Recently unlocked Muspelheim and I completed the first 3 or 4 trials. I'm at the one where you have to defeat 100 enemies. I'm only level 4, but managed to get it down to less than 50. Got a couple pieces of equipment while I was there too.

Some of these realm tears are crazy difficult, but that's because I'm under-leveled. Managed to beat several of them, though. This game is just so fun. The combat is excellent. And I'm really looking forward to seeing how the story plays out.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Uhm, isn't the trophy suppose to pop once you kill the Valkyire at the end of the Muscleheim trials? I finally managed to do that last night but the trophy didn't pop.

If it's a bug that seriously sucks, I really dont wanna do it again.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
Uhm, isn't the trophy suppose to pop once you kill the Valkyire at the end of the Muscleheim trials? I finally managed to do that last night but the trophy didn't pop.

If it's a bug that seriously sucks, I really dont wanna do it again.
You have to go through the mountain and do at least 3 trials and up on the top complete the trials of sutr.

Asmar

Oct 27, 2017
I know this question has been asked like million times, but do we know when the new game plus is going to be released? I really want to replay the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Going against my first Valkyrie, and I am getting completely wrecked. Any tips?

1. Save it for later if you are under leveled or need better gears. I think you should be at least level 6, close to 7.
2. Make sure your runic attacks do decent damage.
3. No easy way but to simply learn patterns. For the most part attacks have cues that you know when to block and when to avoid. The patterns are pretty set.
4. You might have run into a more difficult one. If so, try other one and build your resources from there.
5. Pick a tailsman that works for you too. You can either do defense (realm shift, heal) or be more offense oriented (shattered gauntlet). I like healing since it gives me more room for mistakes.
6. Give arterus the legendary armor for extra health.
7. Some will say use the squirrel summon for increase health or rage. Or crow for damage. I like wolf for the stun.
8. Before fight make sure to have full rage bar and a resurrection Stone that gives you full rage bar upon resurrection

inpHilltr8r

Oct 27, 2017
I think it changes the mobs that spawn. It definitely does that in the mists, as I got different encounters at 9 than I did at 8.

Tofd

Jul 8, 2018
So what does your level affect, exactly?
It affects the damage / stun amount / stagger you deal relative to the enemies level and how much damage you receive as well.

It's the most important "stat" in the game. The equipment's stats themselves are largely secondary except for cooldown and luck ( level doesn't play a part for those).

Oct 30, 2017
What are other good builds aside from Strength/Defense that you guys have been using? I'm nowhere near the home stretch but I am already planning another playthrough. Also, my gear is the Ancients gear that unlocks after the first Ancient fight (I think)? How long should I hold on to this gear before dropping it? I'm currently level 5 btw

inpHilltr8r

Oct 27, 2017
It affects the damage / stun amount / stagger you deal relative to the enemies level and how much damage you receive as well.
I think it's the other way around. The stats you raise, directly affect damage dealt, taken, stun, etc, and the total of the stats generates the level, and then level controls the mobs that spawn.

Tofd

Jul 8, 2018
I think it's the other way around. The stats you raise, directly affect damage dealt, taken, stun, etc, and the total of the stats generates the level, and then level controls the mobs that spawn.

The stats you raise (except for luck and CD) play a minor role compared to your actual level relative to the enemies' level. This has already been tested and proven, especially on higher difficulties.

You can test this yourself. Try equipping a set with high strength/low level VS low strength/high level and fighting something that's 2 levels above you (aka purple health bar). You'll see you'll do barely any damage/stun while they'll do a ton to you, even if you have technically higher strength.

This is just one of the balancing issues with the game that doesn't get noticed on lower difficulties but exemplified on higher. It's pretty much level-gating.

What are other good builds aside from Strength/Defense that you guys have been using? I'm nowhere near the home stretch but I am already planning another playthrough. Also, my gear is the Ancients gear that unlocks after the first Ancient fight (I think)? How long should I hold on to this gear before dropping it? I'm currently level 5 btw

Runics are over-powered in this game. Best set before the one you get in Niflheim and Valkyrie is Sindri's. You unlock it after completing Brok and Sindri's questline which can be easily done at your level.

Oct 31, 2017
1. Save it for later if you are under leveled or need better gears. I think you should be at least level 6, close to 7.
2. Make sure your runic attacks do decent damage.
3. No easy way but to simply learn patterns. For the most part attacks have cues that you know when to block and when to avoid. The patterns are pretty set.
4. You might have run into a more difficult one. If so, try other one and build your resources from there.
5. Pick a tailsman that works for you too. You can either do defense (realm shift, heal) or be more offense oriented (shattered gauntlet). I like healing since it gives me more room for mistakes.
6. Give arterus the legendary armor for extra health.
7. Some will say use the squirrel summon for increase health or rage. Or crow for damage. I like wolf for the stun.
8. Before fight make sure to have full rage bar and a resurrection Stone that gives you full rage bar upon resurrection

Or or he could just git good. Naw just kidding.

I waited for later, was under leveled and still hadn't quite totally grasped combat at my first encounter. I got wrecked too.

I waited till almost end game before I beat my first Valkyrie. them slaughtered them all.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked using the wolf summon for the Valkyrie's. Was pretty useful for a lot of them, including the last one.

Oct 25, 2017
Or or he could just git good. Naw just kidding.

I waited for later, was under leveled and still hadn't quite totally grasped combat at my first encounter. I got wrecked too.

I waited till almost end game before I beat my first Valkyrie. them slaughtered them all.

Haha I was tempted to say that. Like Souls games or Bloodborne, there's truth to that. At some point it's about rising to the occasion .

On other other hand, I keep dying to the Valkryie in Nifiheim or however you say it on Give me God of War. Annoying too because I want to fight the queen already

Skyball Paint

Nov 12, 2017
I've been replaying this on Give Me GOW and I think The Charge of The White Bear is my new favorite runic attack. The fact that you're practically invincible during the charge is just so, so nice.

S0qUf2H.gif

WOW

HOW?