• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Right, sure let's go nuts and charge $300 for a CE if we're going to do the polystone statue like the Sideshow one. Lol

Anyways if folks are looking for a collectible like that, not that I think there's a problem with the CE statue, NECA has the 1/4 figure out now.

Scale is almost 1/2 of the sideshow one, at 9" on top of lower quality (paint, sculpt detail, etc) it wouldn't be nearly 300. Even if you forgo polystone for pvc look at companies like Kotobukiya and such, lot better quality sculpt/details that aren't as expensive as sideshow.

Lot of game statues have really poor paint applications that end up making the whole thing look funky, just like the Geralt statue in the CE of the Witcher 3, a few extra bucks toward quality painting would help a ton.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
So if anyone does decide that they want to preorder this, it's $25 minimum for the down payment.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Scale is almost 1/2 of the sideshow one, at 9" on top of lower quality (paint, sculpt detail, etc) it wouldn't be nearly 300. Even if you forgo polystone for pvc look at companies like Kotobukiya and such, lot better quality sculpt/details that aren't as expensive as sideshow.

Lot of game statues have really poor paint applications that end up making the whole thing look funky, just like the Geralt statue in the CE of the Witcher 3, a few extra bucks toward quality painting would help a ton.

Witcher 3 CE was odd. High quality material (stone if I remember?) Not plastic , then very spotty paint job. Friend who has it has a lazy eye on his statue

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If that steelbook is sold seperately i am in day one. Otherwise it's summer or winter sale, my backlog is HUGE.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
I hardly think this is the first time that an expensive special edition of a game held back digital content for exclusivity purposes.
It ain't. I paid $150 for GTA V's and it came with several exclusive cars and weapons for GTA Online that the other special edition didn't come with.

Google shows it turned out good. I mean Gentle Giant usually produce good quality stuff, it's TriForce you have to worry about.

...that Horizon CE is like $350 now on Amazon?!
Good to hear, put my pre-order in before even asking. Hoping it goes up on Amazon when they announce the release date, I prefer most of my stuff to come from Amazon rather than other retailers like GameStop.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Not a huge fan of the statue.

Hopefully they'll produce a scaled down Limited Edition with a steelbook, mini artbook and the digital goodies, like they normally do.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
It ain't. I paid $150 for GTA V's and it came with several exclusive cars and weapons for GTA Online that the other special edition didn't come with.

Good to hear, put my pre-order in before even asking. Hoping it goes up on Amazon when they announce the release date, I prefer most of my stuff to come from Amazon rather than other retailers like GameStop.

Yeah I think I'm gonna hit Gamestop on Friday and pre-order too. I like Amazon too and the discount is nice but if it is exclusive then I can at least throw a few bucks over the month till March.

Here's a in hand shot of the Horizon one via reddit.
sjsyqmb0ojiy.jpg

Last edited:

Loakum

Oct 27, 2017
I'm tempted to jump on this, but I promised myself, IF The Last of Us part II was gonna release a Collector\Post Pandemic Edition, that would be the collector's edition I'll jump on.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Yeah I think I'm gonna hit Gamestop on Friday and pre-order too. I like Amazon too and the discount is nice but if it is exclusive then I can at least throw a few bucks over the month till March.

Here's a in hand shot of the Horizon one via reddit.
sjsyqmb0ojiy.jpg
sjsyqmb0ojiy.jpg
https://i.redd.it/sjsyqmb0ojiy.jpg
Dang that looks real good!

I have one too but I haven't looked at it after I accidentally dropped the statue with the plastic while opening the entire box. I don't want to look and find damage on it lol!

So she's still stuck in the box...

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Do the Norse Gods know that Kratos killed the Olympians?
We have nothing to suggest that they do or don't know but part of me hopes there's some sort of legend about him but no one knows how true it is or if there's some myths about him mixed in... although I don't know what lies people could create about him since he literally did the craziest shit so it doesn't get much more extreme.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
There's probably gonna be a steelbook-only edition, so I'll just go for that. The statue looks alright, but from the photos I see of most CE's, they rarely seem to be worth it. Wouldn't mind an edition that had everything but the statue, though.

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Dang that looks real good!

I have one too but I haven't looked at it after I accidentally dropped the statue with the plastic while opening the entire box. I don't want to look and find damage on it lol!

So she's still stuck in the box...

Yeah the Horizon statue from the CE was legit. The entire CE was legit and was only shy of $100 thanks to Prime/GCU. This is too much for what it's asking, the statue isn't as HQ as the Horizon one, and it doesn't even have a physical artbook, which Horizon had.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Is this the one that had pre orders sold out? It was like $119 or something I think. Anyway the higher end ones look amazing, but it is $300
b7b3099a-a4ad-46d9-8c5a-6e7aa1e4e386.jpg

b49408bc-a3ce-4506-b444-7b39efb96419.jpg

No actually. Its the $22 figure NECA just released last week. Its 7 inches tall but the sculpt, detail and paint application is amazing. I got mine in hand last week too and tweeted my photos and got a bunch of likes and comments from the Santa Monica team! lol
Kratos-God-of-War-2018-037.jpg

That Sideshow piece is a beauty tho. Polystone with cloth, leather and metal pieces. Yeah...I preordered it and GameStop is offering it too.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Yeah the Horizon statue from the CE was legit. The entire CE was legit and was only shy of $100 thanks to Prime/GCU. This is too much for what it's asking, the statue isn't as HQ as the Horizon one, and it doesn't even have a physical artbook, which Horizon had.
I'm still hoping that Amazon goofs up again and accidentally puts a Prime Discount to this item like they did for some other things recently lol!

I like statues and art books a lot but my heart belongs to steelbooks haha! I'm obsessed with them.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
No actually. Its the $22 figure NECA just released last week. Its 7 inches tall but the sculpt, detail and paint application is amazing. I got mine in hand last week too and tweeted my photos and got a bunch of likes and comments from the Santa Monica team! lol
Kratos-God-of-War-2018-037.jpg

That Sideshow piece is a beauty tho. Polystone with cloth, leather and metal pieces. Yeah...I preordered it and GameStop is offering it too.
The $22 one is that good? I think I might cave and end up getting it.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Can I just say I like the look of bearded Kratos more than OG Kratos.

Maybe it's because I also like the looks of Joel and Punished Noctis lol!