• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Techno

Powered by Friendship™
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

tumblr_omf9vzstss1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WCW taking revenge from grave by destroying this hollow company. WWE will never ever reach the peak of WWF attitude era. Vince can only dream. There will never be another stone cold or Rock.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I loved Goldberg's time in the WCW (and I still do) but it's sad that WWE's booking is such trash that they keep trotting out old fogeys to compensate for their total mismanagement of young talent.

Like a fat, bald, aging rock star doing progressively smaller and smaller venues as the people interested in their old stuff die of old age.

Damien1928

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer AEW, but there's a lot of people in here singing AEW's praises, yet Jericho is the champ and is 49 years old.

Goldberg is 53, both companies know the advantages of using a known legend at their "show of shows"

AEW still keep ex-wwe guys on good air time, Mox, Pac, Dusty and of course Cody.

Let's not hold AEW in such high regard bearing in mind the company is still in its infancy.

Darby Allin should be champ. I'm hoping it's a slow build.

Expecting heat from this post.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad I gave up on wrestling. WWE is shit but highly polished aka highly polished shit. AEW production sadly puts me off the show, but it has good matches.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The fiend is probably one of the hottest wrestlers in any wrestling company and due to probably Saudi cash just got beat by a old ass goldberg who delivered 4 shitty spears and could barely lift him for the jackhammer, it was total shit.

AEW truly is our savior.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Having Roman overcome and beat The Fiend for the title at Wrestlemania would have been a natural progression and people wouldn't have booed him so much. Roman was a top face on Smackdown who was kept away from the main event for months, and he would have been gunning for Smackdown's top title held by another top star. You know, just regular wrestling logic. Nothing crazy, but it can be satisfying.

But instead they hotshot the belt to Goldberg, pissing off the fans, and putting that "bad booking for Roman's benefit" stink onto Roman AGAIN. It throws away The Fiend's indestructibility and aura, it gives Goldberg another pointless title reign as a part-timer in his 50s, and Roman still won't get properly accepted as the top guy.

I would hope that Roman is pissed right now; he keeps getting fucked over by terrible decisions that are no fault of his own, but that make him seem like he's being "forced down" people's throats.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
God.

WWE is fucking terrible. I'm glad I didn't start watching full time again after the Rumble.

It was dumb when they gave Goldberg the belt the first time, and it's even worse this time.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I prefer AEW, but there's a lot of people in here singing AEW's praises, yet Jericho is the champ and is 49 years old.

Goldberg is 53, both companies know the advantages of using a known legend at their "show of shows"

AEW still keep ex-wwe guys on good air time, Mox, Pac, Dusty and of course Cody.

Let's not hold AEW in such high regard bearing in mind the company is still in its infancy.

I agree with your AEW sentiment 100%, specifically using a damn near 50 year old as champion, but that said... you have to understand the key difference is Jericho is putting in arguably the best work of his career, so he's holding up his end of the deal, whereas Goldberg is not.

You could certainly make the argument that, quality be damned, use someone new and not Jericho. With WWE/Goldberg, there's no quality to set aside, this situation just sucks.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017

If Goldberg was using his star power in any capacity that Jericho does with AEW I'd be a huge Goldberg mark and would support this decision.

Captain C

Oct 27, 2017
Jericho is a full time performer. What even is this post.

WWE built up a monster, slapped the belt on them, then jobbed him out to a 53 year old part-timer that no one gives a shit about. This isn't comparable at all.

To build off of this, Jericho has been protecting everyone he beats by using heel tactics or his goons. He doesn't squash *anybody*. There's been multiple times where, even if he wins through BS, the new guy comes out looking like a million bucks (Scorpio and Jungle Boy come to mind.)

That and Jericho at the age of 49 puts on better matches than Goldberg literally ever has.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't watch wrestling but Jericho is one of the best heels of all-time. AEW being in infancy is the exact reason he's the perfect champion. He's a familiar name to people who used to like WWE but don't anymore. You need a good asshole heel to put over whoever beats him.

Imagine how Bray felt when HHH or Vince told him he was losing the belt to an old fucker who can't wrestle anymore?
Anymore? When could he ever wrestle

At his best he could do what, a 5 minute match with 4 moves?

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I agree with your AEW sentiment 100%, specifically using a damn near 50 year old as champion, but that said... you have to understand the key difference is Jericho is putting in arguably the best work of his career, so he's holding up his end of the deal, whereas Goldberg is not.

You could certainly make the argument that, quality be damned, use someone new and not Jericho. With WWE/Goldberg, there's no quality to set aside, this situation just sucks.

Do people really think this about Jericho? He still does some of the best character work around but his in ring performance is not even close to his peak. Which makes sense because hes almost 50.

I don't like Goldberg but everything about the Fiend has been a waste since the promising start.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Jericho is a full time performer. What even is this post.

WWE built up a monster, slapped the belt on them, then jobbed him out to a 53 year old part-timer that no one gives a shit about. This isn't comparable at all.
I don't think you can say no one gives a shit about Berg, I just looked it up and the guy still pops ratings.

Say its stupid, short sighted, a sabotage of Bray, and to don't put the belt on an old part time guy who can't go anymore but don't deny he's a draw.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I suggest the people dumping on Jericho watch his match with Tanahashi at the past NJPW wrestle kingdom, he can still go if booked correctly. Goldberg is just a complete farce. Even so, the fact that WWE hasn't been able to build up anyone new when they've been at the top for years is indefensible, at least you can see the reasoning with Jericho they needed a face and a recognizable name to launch the company. There's nothing wrong with that, he will eventually lose the belt to MOX who is red hot because he's no longer shackled by the nonsense of the WWE . Jericho is constantly on TV, constantly doing work to promote the product. Not the same at all with Bill

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
I don't watch wrestling but Jericho is one of the best heels of all-time. AEW being in infancy is the exact reason he's the perfect champion. He's a familiar name to people who used to like WWE but don't anymore. You need a good asshole heel to put over whoever beats him.

Yup, and for AEW's sake I hope they make the right decision on whoever beats him. Like Damien said, hopefully it's a slow build, preferably with a young talent.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Shut your mouth about the AEW youngest champion ever!

(Half of the fun of Jericho run is how everyone knows he is past his prime but still is a fun heel in the mic and can do serviceable matches as his skill hasnt aged too bad)

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
People said it couldn't be done, people said it wouldn't be done, people said it shouldn't be done.... They were all right and they still gave a belt to Goldberg again. Incredible.

Thank God for AEW.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI

Yes but Jericho is helping people get over.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was about to make a thread about this actually, lmao.

The bigger story is the complete burial of The Fiend after a year's worth of build-up with his new gimmick.

TZk5EBH.png

RIP 2019 - 2020

If you didn't think the Fiend was screwed after that match with Seth Rollins, you deserve every bit of disappointment coming your way.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lesnar and Goldberg are the top two guys in wrestling

Sounds good to me

BlueGeezer

Oct 28, 2017
I never post things like this.

Vince please just go away. Die. Whatever. He needs to leave.

I don't wish for him to die but I feel this is the only way he will give up control. How can anyone think the current product is what a fan wants to watch.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
How is the WWE this bad at developing new stars and talent? It is almost impressive at this point. Who was the last one? Daniel Bryan on accident against their plans? Jesus fkn christ lol
Punk also around the same time but that was because of them letting him do what he wanted too for a few weeks. The shield guys did well but they completely buried them all by over using them for EVERYTHING, and people like Braun Stroman were over but never got a big push that resulted in a big win or title.

Vince absolutely has no idea how to make stars anymore.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know why the Fiend was in the title picture in the first place, his character doesn't need a title. Fiend was destined to be doomed.