• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright. This seemed premature announcement. They didn't really instill much confidence in this working the way they said it. Like we got Doom running perfectly! Here is the title screen see!

Also games for everyone*. * In these countries lol
They have demos setup, I'm sure we'll hear stuff in a few hours about how the experience is

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
I still have no idea what this is.

Will it stream PC, PS4, and Xbox games? If so, at what cost. If not, then you absolutely don't announce this without a solid roster of first party exclusives.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
IpDAgCi.gif

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Totally. But they displayed one game and we all saw it lag.
In the end it's really only something you can test yourself. Even the impressions of the journalists on the Showfloor won't necessarily be representative of what people can expect at home. I imagine Google will eventually offer some trial week or game so everyone can test it for themselves.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Unless they have new games to show this is going to have trouble starting up, especially when they have shown their hand to Microsoft and Sony who already have streaming services.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cool conference, some awesome sounding new tech. Some stuff in here that won't get a full head of steam until next year, but cool to see someone new get out ahead of the curve with new ideas.

Thanks for the predictable response Era, it's been fun!

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
The potential is awesome but no pricing and with no actual games to be excited for, is difficult to be excited for this.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
welp time to forget this exists for the next couple of months until they actually show some games

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I don't think many gamers are currently that interesting in this due to having existing devices already.

But they seem to be focusing on the Fortnite crowd anyways so this will likely to be a success of some sort. It all depends on the pricing.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So do you buy games or rent games or rent sessions or what is the deal? No mention of that whatsoever. You're not going to just click "play game" on a youtube video and jump right in, somebody is getting paid first. So where does that happen?

They left a lot of other questions unanswered. I'm impressed by the ambition here, but not much else.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think they'll do a more consumer facing conference around E3. This was clearly for developers. Still, some really cool tech there. Will be interesting to see how MS and Sony counter.

Oct 27, 2017
So, no console. No rentals or Gamepass style service. Purchase individual games for full price that you can only stream. Yeah that is a major throw

If Stadia access was included with purchase of a local copy of the game from Steam etc. it could be a cool bonus, but I can't see myself ever paying 60 bucks just for a stream version.

Dec 8, 2018
This netflix and Spotify talk is just dumb. I own both of those and I can accept the lower quality for music and movies for the convience of streaming but I also expect it to piss me off with buffering once in a while. With games that would not be acceptable at al since both the others ones still is not that impacted by this. Any game outside of turn based ones that problem becomes a quite bigger than having to wait a few seconds for the stream to catch up.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't like the sound of this, some cool ideas here and there but it's basically a Google black hole and play to crush everyone from Twitch, Discord to Consoles. They want it all Google, control everything. No thanks.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
It's GDC, so I'm not sure why people were expecting a consumer facing conference.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
The argument that this was solely focused on developers kinda falls apart when they brought on a youtuber to ramble on about bullshit.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
I remain skeptical. This is one thing you absolutely have to try to believe. Latency has to be perfect, framerates have to be perfect. I don't doubt Google's tech, but, this is a large leap.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So basically...
Here get maybe hyped for this thing but no clue if you can run it or even use it at home. No costs or anything and no word on how much data will cost you.

The ISPs are freaking jumping in their money pools with the idea of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.