• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bear vs Gorilla

• Bear

Votes: 226 37.2%
  • Gorilla

Votes: 108 17.8%
  • Hippos. Always bet on hippos.

Votes: 274 45.1%

• Total voters

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This question has puzzled many of us for as long as we have known these magnificent animals. What happens if they fight? I want the real answer. These two go against each other in total fury. They hate each other. They are in a cage with no escape. For some reason they can't just wait it out. No weapons for the "ape so smart" crowd. Just the primal instincts and their bodies. Who will win?

Presumably the gorilla is capable of tying together two locomotives with his bare hands. The bear can bite through bedrock. Here they are:

Weighing in at 430 lb and measuring 5 ft 11 in

The Shutterstock Silverback Gorilla
GyH0Cr9.jpg

Weighing in at 790 lb and measuring 6 ft 6 in

The Alamy Stock Photo Grizzly Bear
0faVfJ0.jpg

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEE!

Bear wins ez

Last edited:

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Gorillas are peaceful creatures that avoid conflict. Bears go looking for trouble. Bear would probably win, but I still don't think either of these animals would be up for a fight if the other showed the least bit of resistance.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
In nature, a bigger size mostly means stronger as well doesn't it?
Anyway, I think the bear wins.

FromAshesRise

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ehhh - if a gorilla wanted to, it could pick up and throw a car. It would not be easy for a bear to bear a gorilla.

I_D

Oct 27, 2017
A grizzly would tear a gorilla apart with little effort.

In your own example, OP, there's a 360lbs difference. One good swat from a bear would take a gorilla's face right off.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Gorillas. They can climb trees and throw coconuts and shit at bears. Plus they can swing on trees and do drop kicks at full speed at the bears head. Plus gorillas are smart. They can hit and run plus build weapons.

Edit gorillas can bench 2 tons.

Do bears even lift?

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bear has claws so unless the gorilla gets a really good punch to the face in, the bear has got this.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Purely going by severe weight class differences, I'll give it to the bear.

The agility that the gorilla brings to the table can be handled with some bear grappling, in which case the size difference is too much to overcome. I'll give the gorilla the early rounds but once the bear figures him out it's over. He'll style on him early on, maybe a nice running dropkick to rile up the crowd, but the bear will get into a rhythm with counters with those claws that'll just frustrate the gorilla once he sees each of his approaches get shut down. At that point, the bear can probably just bully him with his weight and walk him down and make it an inside fight where the size difference will really show.

Bear by KO inside 6.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Didn't a guy once kill a bear by biting through the bear's neck? Gorilla could do that ez with that jaw

OP
OP
Olaf

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A gorilla is mighty strong, a lot stronger than a bear. It beats the bear in agility too. The bear might have claws, but can it hit the quick gorilla? A gorilla bites stronger than a lion, but loses to the bear's crush. I can totally see the bear just going for the throat, but what if the gorilla lunges and gets its hand around the bear?

Didn't a guy once killed a bear by biting through the bear's neck? Gorilla could do that ez with that jaw

Totally.

d27qVws.jpg

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
surprise mother fuckers, i'm here with the wild card WOLVERINE.

yPC8DyK.jpg

Wolverine wouldn't kill either, but he'd be such a belligerently ferocious monster that they would be like "man fuck this" and go home.

Anyway, I'd go with the bear just due to the claws. Gorillas are strong as fuck, but they don't have 6-inch knives on their hands.

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
A gorilla is mighty strong, a lot stronger than a bear. It beats the bear in agility too. The bear might have claws, but can it hit the quick gorilla? A gorilla bites stronger than a lion, but loses to the bear's crush. I can totally see the bear just going for the throat, but what if the gorilla lunges and gets its hand around the bear?

Where are you getting that gorillas are stronger than huge bears?

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on how many Barrels the gorilla and bench , and how powerful his stomp is. Some gorillas stomps can reshape the entire iron gurder infrastructure of a building. If he's equipped with the "Mr. Steal girl" upgrade, he's pretty powerful, one of the oldest versions of the meta, the grandaddy if you will. Pretty powerful but not very versatile, keepaway strat with projectile attacks. But if you are using the newer " country " meta, that's a whole different ball game, he's a summon character and can summon other primates to help him out, even the original " Mr Steal your girl " meta but he isn't quite as powerful as he was before. That said " country" is a pretty up close and personal meta and uses his summons to help keep him alive. Though If you eqiup him with coconut guns, he can do some keep away. So keep that in mind. This meta is also highly susceptible to the " Bing Bing Wahoo" meta along with its originator the " Mr Steal your girl " meta. However if prep yourself by also being able to play the " party " meta, the " Barrel Ape " meta becomes godlike and often times seems like he it doesn't even have to play the game, its just servings it all with its keep away attacks.

Then you have to consider does the bear have the bird backpack equipped. Or is it a mecha bear, because then it has access to the murdered children's souls upgrade. Which makes it one of the most powerful characters in the meta, and almost unkillable. . But if you are using the Dead Kids souls meta then , you have an Afton in play and he'll just go through killing anything on your team so. Risk reward, however, if you prep your dead kid meta with more mecha animals, you can play a full " cursed Pizzaria " meta with all the mecha animals and you can run Mecha Fox as detraction, because he's quick and does pretty good crits with his hook attack. Though if you are running the " cursed Pizzaria " meta then you have to decide which one, and that gets complicated convoluted. So would argue that its to complected to even get involved and learn, but I would argue its rewarding once you understand what's going on. The best one in my opinion is the afton robotics meta which allows you to steal one of your opponents characters and use them as your own, eventually though you have to disregard the character. And he comes back as a pretty powerful character for your opponent so , you have to weigh risk and reward. This meta is also highly susceptible to fire based attacks

OP
OP
Olaf

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where are you getting that gorillas are stronger than huge bears?
Gorillas can rip a tree in half. Even chimpanzees have ridiculous stength in their arms, gorillas much more so. Bears are strong too, but can't grip things to utilize it. A gorilla grabs your arm and you lose it.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
I'll wait to hear from a sequel to this book series so I know for sure

61e5RDWRP9L.jpg

SolmisateSol

Nov 2, 2017
Gorillas. They can climb trees and throw coconuts and shit at bears. Plus they can swing on trees and do drop kicks at full speed at the bears head. Plus gorillas are smart. They can hit and run plus build weapons.

Edit gorillas can bench 2 tons.

Do bears even lift?

I think the gorilla stands a chance if he could fend off the initial attack from the bear and get a good shot in. Gorilla has an advantage of being more dexterous with its strength but that dexterity alone won't win the fight nine times out of ten.

JBucc

Oct 25, 2017
Gorilla only wins if he's done training with Kangaroo and mastered the chokehold.