• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bear vs Gorilla

• Bear

Votes: 226 37.2%
  • Gorilla

Votes: 108 17.8%
  • Hippos. Always bet on hippos.

Votes: 274 45.1%

• Total voters

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
maxresdefault.jpg

We need to get a liger involved somehow.
That's hella big kitty!
That looks photoshopped.

It's a horrible photoshop, lol.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously a full grown male grizzly. They're untouchable and terrifying when they actually attack.

MslhRiI.gif
Yeah but you see the gorilla has thumbs and is fast. So it could probably just punch the bear really hard and kill it /s

The bear would demolish the gorilla. Even the gorilla would know this and would probably rather run than fight. You'd have to put the two in a cage and even then the gorilla would probably resign to its fate after the bear got a good hit in.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Dude there's a reason why every human fighting sport is separated into weight classes.

Human fights, athletes have very close muscle density so comparing them with each other based on weight is logical, but as I said the muscle density in gorillas and chimpanzees are just ridiculous, a normal chimpanzee weight around 50 KG, and if anyone even weighting 120 KG would be stupid enough to pick a fight with one, they are in for a treat.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Human fights, athletes have very close muscle density so comparing them with each other based on weight is logical, but as I said the muscle density in gorillas and chimpanzees are just ridiculous, a normal chimpanzee weight around 50 KG, and if anyone even weighting 120 KG would be stupid enough to pick a fight with one, they are in for a treat.

Its also because Chimpanzees aren't fighting for sport. They go for your eyes and balls. Even if they were the same muscle density as us, the fact they're wild animals without any of our human quibbles about violence and such means they have the edge.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
How do you think a Gorilla could even hurt a pissed off grizzly? Its teeth probably won't do much. And grabbing onto a bear that weighs over 300 pounds more than you probably isn't a good idea.

Last edited:

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A Gorilla is able to build incredible muscle mass just by eating vegetables. What happens if we fed them meat?

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Yeah, but my point is that weight is a significant factor in strength in a fight, and this isn't even close in terms of weight. That weight is what a gorilla is going to have to deal with when fighting a bear.

Grizzly bears weigh 800 lbs, can toss around 700lb dumpsters like they're beach balls, can run faster than gorillas (max at 40mph vs 25mph) and can bite through cast-iron. And their necks are too thick for a gorilla to choke.

Meanwhile gorillas get punked by 190lb leopards on the regular.

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017
How do you think a Gorilla could even hurt a pissed off grizzly? Its teeth probably won't do much. And grabbing onto a bear that weighs over 300 pounds more than you probably isn't a good idea.

It has a decent bite force in the animal kingdom, if it managed to bite a grizzly in the snout, the grizzly would pay attention.

But yeah, its not winning that fight.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is the original version of that photo.

He was 922 pounds during that Guinness Book visit.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but my point is that weight is a significant factor in strength in a fight, and this isn't even close in terms of weight. That weight is what a gorilla is going to have to deal with when fighting a bear.

Grizzly bears weigh 800 lbs, can toss around 700lb dumpsters like they're beach balls, can run faster than gorillas (max at 40mph vs 25mph) and can bite through cast-iron. And their necks are too thick for a gorilla to choke.

Meanwhile gorillas get punked by 190lb leopards on the regular.
This is it. Gorillas actually do get killed by leopards quite often. Bite or swipe, the grizzly could kill the gorilla without much effort

jkanownik

Oct 27, 2017
In Beast Battle Simulator a Gorilla beats a Polar Bear or 2 Black Bears. It pays the price in blood, but agility and strength deliver the victory.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Why wouldn't you do a black bear versus a gorilla? That might at least be vaguely interesting. A gorilla versus a grizzly isn't even a fight.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Ok since that's cleared up...what about grizzly vs that hippo? We all know how dangerous hippos are but I've never seen one tear shit up if you know what I mean...

Oct 30, 2017
Realistically the bear would win more often than not due to the fact they fight and kill shit all day, every day to live. Also, claws would fuck up a gorilla and they are not used to getting shredded and having to deal.

I would vote, the gorilla would run away before the bear could kill it actually.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
for the people picking gorilla

what exactly do y'all think the gorilla is going to actually do

punch the bear to death? like, how does that work

(I still wanna know what people think about a top-end estimate gigantopithecus's odds though)

Oct 27, 2017
Realistically the bear would win more often than not due to the fact they fight and kill shit all day, every day to live. Also, claws would fuck up a gorilla and they are not used to getting shredded and having to deal.

I would vote, the gorilla would run away before the bear could kill it actually.

This isn't remotely true.

Grizzly would win by a landslide, no doubt, but for the most part they are chill animals that eat fish and berries and shit.