Votes: 226 37.2%
  • Gorilla

Votes: 108 17.8%
  • Hippos. Always bet on hippos.

Votes: 274 45.1%

• Total voters

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how a Komodo Dragon would fair considering they're more hit and run hunters that will just let whatever they wound slowly die of infections from its bacteria laced saliva.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

2f82cfbfe8eda7392cecb05e4f3fe6e150cac3e184fd162221f5391d363c49f9_large

iAmPossum

Oct 29, 2017
Trust me, there isn't a bear on earth that wants to mess with this:

giphy.gif

Some fights are won before they even start.

^ Honey Badger was my nomination earlier for animal that could fuck shit up. The video where it naps after a cobra bite, then wakes up to eat the damn thing is incredible.

God damn these roos are freaking inspirational. They could do something about those legs though. Other than that they're stacked af.

tastybread

Oct 27, 2017
I read that a Grizzly can have like 8 inches of fat around its body. Gotta be tough getting through that whilst he's going all Ngannou on you D:

Angel DvA

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bear has claw, that why he could win but gorilla has agility, would be interesting to see, weight and height doesn't mean shit, they're plenty of small animals that are attacking and killing bigger animals.

The only thing they need is good weapons.

Brera

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gorillas come across as big friendly dumbys who can hold their own and kick ass.

Bears are fucking assholes.

My money is on the bear

Oct 27, 2017
Tn, USA
Black Mirror idea: Completely realistic DNA-based animal fights, but somehow the creator gets trapped in the simulation.

Or even better, an adaptation of Peter Hamilton's "Sonnie's Edge", which is basically a Black Mirror episode ready to go. Actually, a lot of Peter Hamilton's short fiction, and guys like Christian Cantrell, would make for good turn key BM episodes.

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
Are Hippos really strong fighters? I know Elephants are, but not Hippos.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lol, weight doesn't mean anything, gorilas muscles are dense as fuck, in fact their muscles are so dense that they can't fucking swim and will drown in water, now comapre that with a bear, bears are huge but with lots of fat, gorillas are pure unfiltered muscle, and they are fast, and they have hands and fingers designed to grab and and reach out to far away objects , they can rip a bears jaw apart.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who knows anything about bears knows the grizzly would win. All the bear has to do is connect with its claws and the gorilla will be dead or running. And yes, size and weight do play big parts in this stuff. These animals aren't using martial arts or well thought out fight strategies, so the bigger animal will usually win. And that's the bear

Sir_Caffeine

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Anyone who knows anything about bears knows the grizzly would win. All the bear has to do is connect with its claws and the gorilla will be dead or running. And yes, size and weight do play big parts in this stuff. These animals aren't using martial arts or well thought out fight strategies, so the bigger animal will usually win. And that's the bear
What about the gorillas hands though? I'm thinking the gorilla might just poke out an eye from the grizzly? Or do some serious damage to the nose?

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
What about the gorillas hands though? I'm thinking the gorilla might just poke out an eye from the grizzly? Or do some serious damage to the nose?
That's the only shot the gorilla has. But grappling onto a grizzly and punching is squarely in the head is a lot harder to do than it sounds. People don't realize that this isn't a fight the gorilla is going to want to be involved in. One hit by the grizzly anywhere and the gorilla would probably bleed out. It's neck would snap if it gets hit in the head.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
there's a specific reason the honey badger can do what it does, its unique skin is tough enough to resist a machete blow and its loose enough that it can turn inside itself. You can't grab or bite the damn thing while it relentlessly tries to go for your balls.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Train a gorilla to use a grenade launcher.
But seriously, always bet on elephant.

Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, I'll have to disagree here. All a bear has to do is land one single strike with its paw to fuck any other animal up. Imagine being hit by Freddy Krueger on speed.

the wolverine takes that hit like a champ, minimal lacerations and blunt trauma, then climbs on the bear and eats its face while laughing like the tdk joker.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
A wolverine could take down a grizzly. Weight doesn't mean shit.
Wolverines and grizzlies actually interact in nature so we know how this goes.
Hint: the wolverine is treated like a little pest bitch.

From wikipedia: "Coyotes, foxes, and wolverines are generally regarded as pests to the grizzlies rather than competition, though they may compete for smaller prey, such as ground squirrels and rabbits. All three will try to scavenge whatever they can from the bears. Wolverines are aggressive enough to occasionally persist until the bear finishes eating, leaving more scraps than normal for the smaller animal."

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would be interesting, gorillas are faster and smarter I think so that's a huge advantage.

On the other hand the bear is bigger and has big claws so it doesn't have to bite to inflict damage.

I think it will depend on setting tbh, if we are in a forest with lots of trees the gorilla I think can win, if we are in a field GG bear has got it.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bear, but only the really huge kind, like a grizzly or polar bear. The fight would be on land. And the bear would own that hippo too, especially on land.