• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bear vs Gorilla

• Bear

Votes: 226 37.2%
  • Gorilla

Votes: 108 17.8%
  • Hippos. Always bet on hippos.

Votes: 274 45.1%

• Total voters

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the weak and the wounded
That's a chimp, you uncultured fartface!

On topic: http://www.gorillavsbear.net/ has amazing music to discover. Listen, love, like, subscribe!

Im also pretty sure thats a black bear cub, but thats not the point, ya aint supposed to notice! Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a picture of a baby gorilla hugging a bear cub?

Gorillas get eaten by sharks too. They bitches
RcCQJ8HzQoHv6c1BEDvvUNQeNbI=.gif

Dude, why is the gorilla so happy as its dragged down to its doom

OP
OP
Olaf

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Lovely video and comment section. I'm starting to like the gorilla more.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
The grizzly has almost a 2:1 weight advantage and some fucking vicious looking claws. I got the grizzly in this fight

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think in most cases the bear would win based on claws and size, but part of me wants to think that the gorilla could pull it off if it got onto the bear quickly and went after its neck area.

Oct 25, 2017
I would hate either of these lovely animals to get harmed.

That being said, throw a fucking tiger into the mix for a real party.

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
The grizzly has almost a 2:1 weight advantage and some fucking vicious looking claws. I got the grizzly in this fight

While they would no doubt avoid huge silverbacks, leopards kill and eat adult gorillas. And a big leopard weighs as much as a smallish female gorilla (150-200lbs).

Lions would have zero issues killing gorillas if they overlapped. Amur tigers are bigger than lions, DO overlap with brown bears, and only manage to kill bears about half of the time time that they have been witnessed interacting. The tiger dies about a quarter of the time. And those aren't typically big male bears either.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
We need a poll.

You'd have to seriously aggravate them to get them to fight each other. Neither wants to get injured here, especially when there's no female, offspring, or territory in contention.

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
We need a poll.

You'd have to seriously aggravate them to get them to fight each other. Neither wants to get injured here, especially when there's no female, offspring, or territory in contention.

Considering what grizzly bears eat, i don't think that a gorilla is too big for a big male to take a go at if they crossed paths. Assuming that it was hungry.

OP
OP
Olaf

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The winner of this fight will go on to challenge the greatest beast on the planet, the common hippopotamus. They kill more humans every year than any other animal (I think). Ladies and gentlemen, the current champion:

Weighing in at 7,050 lb and measuring 16 ft 4 in

The Dreamstime Hippopotamus
FtF2kIZ.jpg

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Bear easily.

BETTER QUESTION:

What weapon or affordance would you need to give a healthy mid 20's human male to have a 50% chance against a gorilla? Or a 50% chance against a bear?

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
The winner of this fight will go on to challenge the greatest beast on the planet, the common hippopotamus. They kill more humans every year than any other animal (I think). Ladies and gentlemen, the current champion:

Weighing in at 7,050 lb and measuring 16 ft 4 in

The Dreamstime Hippopotamus
FtF2kIZ.jpg

Fully grown African Elephant: (laughs)

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Bear takes it. Too big. Silverbacks are impressive but grizzly bears are shit your pants huge with the claws, jaw, and attitude to match.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Most famous Gorilla documentary is a woman showing how intelligent and gentle they are

Most famous Grizzly documentary is about a dude and his girlfriend getting fucking murdered by one

CHECKMATE

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
The winner of this fight will go on to challenge the greatest beast on the planet, the common hippopotamus. They kill more humans every year than any other animal (I think).
Well, that's mosquitoes and it's not even close. But that'd be an uneventful fight.

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shouldn't there be documented proof from the romans? Weren't animal fights used as the pre-show for gladiator matches?

OP
OP
Olaf

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The bear has an extra 350lbs of solid muscle on it.
It's not all muscle. I think the weight difference does not correlate to a strength difference. Bears have a lot of fat, especially if we take the weight of "biggest bears ever", which are likely measured before they hibernate in winter (a lot of fat on them). Anyway, weight is weight, and the bear does have a huge advantage. But in muscle strength, I think a gorilla is not losing to a bear.

Feral

Oct 25, 2017
Your Mom
If the Hippo got on top of the bear or got a good bite in it would be over, but I feel like a Grizzly is big enough with enough attack options open to make it interesting.
adult hippos don't have natural predators. There are videos of hippos walking over a sandbar full of crocodiles, and none of them dare to even move. Hippos are the master of their domain

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
It's not all muscle. I think the weight difference does not correlate to a strength difference. Bears have a lot of fat, especially if we take the weight of "biggest bears ever", which are likely measured before they hibernate in winter (a lot of fat on them). Anyway, weight is weight, and the bear does have a huge advantage. But in muscle strength, I think a gorilla is not losing to a bear.
A grizzly is significantly stronger than a gorilla. More agile too.

Seriously, a grizzly would instantly kill a gorilla with one paw swipe. A hit in the face would cleanly remove half the face, as well as snap its neck and most of its back.

This is a really, really unfair fight.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
My bet is on the gorrila because of their massive strength in arms and hands. I mean the bear has his bite and claws but id imagine a gorilla just grabbing his neck or smashing on his head.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
In nature, a bigger size mostly means stronger as well doesn't it?
Anyway, I think the bear wins.
I'm 100% confident that a Honey Badger can absolutely destroy a Panda bear. The Honey Badger's bigger, nastier cousin the Wolverine, could probably do the same to a brown bear. Size isn't everything. Honey Badgers are known to tear off the ball of male lions.